New book: Artworks of Michael Jackson

mkgenie

Proud Member
140535l8nvm6oisipzmoem.jpg

Just received the new German book "Kunstwerke von Michael Jackson: Die unbekannte Seite eines Weltstars." Michael's mother wrote the introduction, President Clinton, Jackie Chan, John Travolta, Paul McCartney, Oprah all hold MJ's drawings. This book is fabulous! Share some photos with you.

I think it's a project from Brett-Livingstone Strong.

I don't know if there will be English version but I hope so.

140840vxpz3zzaptnxc8a8.jpg

141305cfomfxjcpzmkvjmv.jpg

154332jzih6ucoubilgs7z.jpg

141420fdpp7d7vra3o7rsr.jpg

154956qpwawsiub8t6sn2a.jpg

154752ibwkt2clzz8v58vw.jpg

140620ann6qga58yu1a11z.jpg

140634l688ndd00q0mgzbs.jpg

140703b9ft9bl96thp9szt.jpg

140718sfalgddn1dniddnd.jpg

140705p9xes3leywp2nnez.jpg

142854owwksejjnp7zgwjw.jpg

143137thembeyab9ase0em.jpg

143122i9s03ii03itki2s4.jpg

143123ylojjh52jo2o54ff.jpg

Last edited:
Man, is there anything he couldn't do?! These are incredible.

Two words of advice only: purchase now.

One will not regret the purchase but, will most likely regret not purchasing it.

Michael's self portrait with the fedora will always be my favorite of his art work. Is that the cover?

He was such a gifted artist. Would have been amazing if he included his own artwork with each of his albums booklets/inner sleeves. Another book I may contemplate purchasing. It never ends lol but that's a good thing.

I never got great vibes from BLS after he tried to profit-off Michael's art using the bogus claim that the entire collection was gifted to him. One, two or three pieces maybe, but all? Nope, don't think that ever happened.

Still, I'd love to see all of Michael's art in one book, and wish it came in the form of an estate-backed project, and not as a result of BLS trying to make a profit yet again.

Btw, who owns Michael art now? Any news regarding the court case against Tohme?

Btw, who owns Michael art now? Any news regarding the court case against Tohme?

The last I can find is on p56 of 'MJ Estate sues Tohme Tohme' thread; this is a quote from Ivy . I confess to having lost track after that in this complex thread.... :(

Finally Labor Commissioner has come to a decision (after 20 months).

In short they already had said Neverland Finder's fee wasn't something they can consider (hence why it was put back on calendar), they voided the indemnity agreement and as for the management agreement they found some activities Tohme did to be in violation of Talent Agency Act and some weren't and they reduced the commission amount Tohme can get.

Estate is appealing the decision. They want the LA superior court to held a new trial with no consideration given to Labor Commissioner trial.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...me-countersues-Tohme-s-complaint-pg-14/page56

^Same here. I followed it at the inception, then it started to drag on and I lost track. So the outcome was not that favorable to the Estate? I hope their appeal succeeds. No mention of the art.

Ownership of the artwork and the right to reproduce the artwork are separate.

The book is not relying on Michael's likeness/image which would require Estate permission. The book consists primarily of reproductions of Michael's artwork.

BLS/Weisner have reproductive rights as per posts in threads here so they can publish this book legally. I do not believe they will profit from the book as some would prefer to believe.

I never got great vibes from BLS after he tried to profit-off Michael's art using the bogus claim that the entire collection was gifted to him. One, two or three pieces maybe, but all? Nope, don't think that ever happened.
I feel the same. I think Michael was terribly generous but I don't think he would just sign over all his art work.
Much like the Bush costumes. I doubt ALL of those were gifts. Maybe a lot-but....

Nevertheless, if I really wanted the book (or Michael Bush's book), none of that would stop me from buying it.

Last edited:

Same here, I don't believe MJ would give BLS everything at all.

I still cringe when I see that photo of OPRAH being allowed to touch MJ's artwork, after she repeatedly denigrated him by perpetuating the myth that he was guilty of the allegations against him when she should have been accurately informing the public that there was never any actual evidence against him.

I cringed when she was holding his artwork for the very same reasons you're telling DC10 but to me it was a lot worse to see that hag near Michael's precious children. Sorry I went little off topic but if it doesn't have the Estate permission, I'll always get suspicious.

Sorry I went little off topic but if it doesn't have the Estate permission, I'll always get suspicious.

What would BLS/Wiesner need Estate permission for?

Michael's likeness/image is not being used. His artwork is being reproduced and they have the right to reproduce Michael's artwork.

Estate says Tohme cause harm with his POA when in November 2008 he gifted Michael's art to Brett Livingstone-strong. Estate says the POA's don't give Tohme the power to gift anything and sign over Michael's copyrights.

It gives a person a moment to pause...

60.jpg

MJ was stupid. Unfortunately. There I said it. There is a reason why leaches were always around him.
If something is for sale and I want it, I rarely think where the money is going.

But I don't think Michael was stupid. I think by the time these guys came around he was just beaten down-had been so stabbed in the back and abused and hurt so much that he just wanted to be able to trust anyone. And all he got were more wolves in sheep's clothing that were a thousand times worse than the ones before.
I still don't understand why he would just give Brett the artwork, much like I didn't understand why he would hand over control of Heal the World.

I haven't read any credible explanation. I do understand the Neverland decision, but that's it.

Michael was too trusting and saw good in everyone, i.e he had a poor judgment. But someone stupid wouldn't have been able to build the empire he built, he wouldn't have had the colossal success he achieved. He wasn't stupid.

What would BLS/Wiesner need Estate permission for?

Michael's likeness/image is not being used. His artwork is being reproduced and they have the right to reproduce Michael's artwork.

Only if you believe Tohme giving all the rights on MJ art to BLS is legit. Otherwise this was an alliance and even reproduction would require MJ approval

^^

Ivy, no; not what I believe, only what the law says. Currently, this book is being legally sold.

Tygger;4118169 said:
The question remains: what does the law say about this book?

The response: even if there is a legal dispute currently, the book can be and is being sold legally until the issue is resolved. Fans can feel free to purchase if they choose to own affordable, quality reproductions of Michael’s artwork.

tygger, there are major copyrights issues involved. As it stands, MLS is not the sole owner of the artwork. Unless otherwise established by the court, he can't reproduce the artwork in print or otherwise for financial gains without the MJ estate approval.

MJ estate is the legitimate owner of MJ assets including copyrighted properties such as music, films, artwork, and so on. and reproduction in any form or shape without his estate approval constitutes a copyright infringement.

Last edited:
^^Tygger-are there any pictures that Michael drew as a child, or are they all drawn when he was an adult?

Does anybody know why people like Clinton and Travolta are posing with the pix? Were they visiting Brett or was this an exhibition?

Passy-did they win the lawsuit in Germany only? Is that why it's only in German? (Seems like I read something like that).

Passy-did they win the lawsuit in Germany only? Is that why it's only in German? (Seems like I read something like that).

To be honest, I don't have much knowledge around that. Wonder what the lawsuit was about.

Unless otherwise established by the court, he can't reproduce the artwork in print or otherwise for financial gains without the MJ estate approval.

No, it is the opposite. He can and is reproducing the artwork until the law decides he cannot.

MJ estate is the legitimate owner of MJ assets including copyrighted properties such as music, films, artwork, and so on. and reproduction in any form or shape without his estate approval constitutes a copyright infringement.

No, it has to be decided and a legal decision has not been rendered at this time regarding this book. Therefore, purchases of the book are legal.

^^Tygger-are there any pictures that Michael drew as a child, or are they all drawn when he was an adult?

Does anybody know why people like Clinton and Travolta are posing with the pix? Were they visiting Brett or was this an exhibition?

Unfortunately, my fluent-German speaking grandfather has passed so I am left to attempt to translate the full non-English book myself.

From what I have seen, all drawings were completed by Michael as an adult.

I am unsure of the time frame that the celebrities holding Michael's drawings happened. I do not want to assume all of those photos are after Michael's passing but, they may very well be.

All of Weisner's books were released in Germany I believe; not just this one.

Last edited:
No, it is the opposite. He can and is reproducing the artwork until the law decides he cannot.

No, it has to be decided and a legal decision has not been rendered at this time regarding this book. Therefore, purchases of the book are legal.

It's obvious you don't know copyright law, let alone understand what it is.

Back