Vinyl LPs

MiniMJJ

Proud Member
Hello friends :)

Can any of you reccomend a good site for shopping LPs? :)

Take Care! :)

Discogs can be both amazingly cheap and expensive at the same time. Just always make sure you are buying the right thing!!!

I still have quite a bit on vinyl, but nothing to play them on. :( I checked Best Buy and they don't carry them. I guess I could try amazon.com. I miss the sound that comes from vinyl.

I am mad to get Dangerous and HIStory but they cost so much. Every once in a while I buy a 12 inch single of one of my favourite songs.

Last one I bought was Behind the Mask cos I was in that video

I still have quite a bit on vinyl, but nothing to play them on. :( I checked Best Buy and they don't carry them. I guess I could try amazon.com. I miss the sound that comes from vinyl.
Definitely go to Amazon. I saw some good ones there for $50 bucks. And those Crossley ones are getting cheaper all the time.
I still have mine with the radio and dual cassette and I use it, but I want one where you can stack records. I kinda stopped playing albums when I donated our old stereo. Ended up donating 10 boxes of albums.

One thing I used to have that I donated and regret to this day. :(

Definitely go to Amazon. I saw some good ones there for $50 bucks. And those Crossley ones are getting cheaper all the time.
I still have mine with the radio and dual cassette and I use it, but I want one where you can stack records. I kinda stopped playing albums when I donated our old stereo. Ended up donating 10 boxes of albums.

One thing I used to have that I donated and regret to this day. :(

Do you buy only new Vinyl or are these good second hand ones?

Good second hand now. Two of my favorite vinyl albums were found at a flea market. Supremes sing Rogers and Hart and Supremes sing Funny Girl.

............. absolute swoon. Those are some mighty fine classic vinyls you picked up!!

You are best of getting old players from the 70s and 80s used, they are better quality than new ones.

In Peru they have become fashionable vinyl , but of course are expensive in discostiendas as PHANTOM but I think is the best sound format the disk itself.

History costs so much...I want it so much.But can not find the reason this album is so expensive

I'm also looking for HIStory and BOTDF but they are very expensive. I have heard mixed reviews on the HIStory LP, some forums saying it was great but a few members here remember it was horrific sounding. If BOTDF sounds anything like the 12" maxi single I have then the whole album should sound amazing.

I listened to the 2011 pressing of Invincible straight through last night and it was amazing. While I always loved the album, hearing it so clearly and hearing new sounds made me like it the little bit more. It really puts the CD I've had since 2001 to shame.

It depends on where you live, but most of the times, Ebay works perfectly fine.

Hi guys

Can't really answer this question, more than your local store, I have actually found local 2nd hand junk stores and opportunity shops have vinyl an dits cheap. Always check the vinyl before buying it if you can. I bought a copy of Thriller from one and found that side one skips crazily, but side 2 plays perfectly. It was an original 1982 NZ pressing and the cover looks great. I was amazed how strong the songs still sound.
More importantly - with turntables, do not buy the Crosley Cruiser or any other fake retro looking rcord player (Anything like a suitcase is to be avoided).

Honestly if its made out of plastic, don't buy it, buy a proper turntable, the video above is excellent. I say this, as I know these things are cheap and everywhere. A good turntable, ideally should be metal, have a heavy metal arm and not have USB anywhere on it.

I want BOTDF badly but as others have said its quite expensive.

I recently bought 1st pressings of off the wall, thriller and bad of an old fan. But now I am on the market for a good sounding turntable. Suggestions anyone?

I recently bought 1st pressings of off the wall, thriller and bad of an old fan. But now I am on the market for a good sounding turntable. Suggestions anyone?

Just don't get a cheap belt-drive player. Get a good heavy one with direct drive and a needle / stylus by Ortofon.

I have a Numarx TTX turntable and a "Elektro" stylus/needle by Ortofon.

Back