Why Are There No Rumors Of New Projects?

PopOfKing

Proud Member
Things have been awful quiet for some time now. Are there any rumors of what's the next MJ release?

There's Spike Lee's movie and There were rumors about OTW new edition release too. Other than that I don't think there's anything planned so naturally there are no rumors.

I asked Branca at the MJOne Birthday meet and greet and he said there were things coming but it was too soon to discuss.

I asked Branca at the MJOne Birthday meet and greet and he said there were things coming but it was too soon to discuss.

let the speculation begin! I'm going to blame it on you, krikzil :rofl:

I'm actually glad nothing has come out this year. Hopefully the next project is potentially Dangerous 25. It'll be a nice change to see the Estate and Sony take a year or more to prepare the project instead of rush it.

Here's hoping Dangerous 25 is next up. :)

When was this, if i may ask?

August of this year/2015??

I'm also hyped for Dangerous 25!

But not for waiting almost another year, they should start the Dangerous celebrations early in '16, even though the album was actually first released in November '91...

We have one of the longest spans with no new release now. And 2017, the year of the sony contract being fulfilled, is not that far away anymore.
So it's almost safe to say that the following are the projects we received so far, from the 10 projects of the deal:

#1 - This Is It 2009 (was retroactively included)

#2 - Vision 2010

#3 - MICHAEL 2010

#4 - Immortal Soundtrack 2011

#5 - Bad25 2012

#6 - The Indispensable & Ultimate Fan Extras Collections 2013

#7 - Xscape 2014

* MJ The Experience Game 2010 (maybe, maybe not part of the deal)

And so we'll be getting 2 more releases (3 at the max), covered by this first contract.
There's no way we'll going to get 4 more projects in a matter of 18 Month (assuming there isn't a release around the corner).

Last edited:
Guys/staff how is this news - why has it not been moved to Michael mania??????

And @popofking can you please read the rules of this forum.

August of this year, 2015.

I've always figured releases would slow down as time went on.

Yeah, you are probably right (as sad as it is).

But some fans suggested that The Experience game & / or the Itunes Collections Release was not part of the 10 projects. That would leave 4 more projects to be released from now until 2017. Which i think is highly unlikely (as happy as i would be if it were otherwise).

A release of his short films on bluray, a bluray live concert and all of his album in hi def surround would make me a very happy person!

Dangerous 25 please! (All my opinion of course!) The best tour, most interesting story (huge popularity at the start of 1993, the bold move of not sticking with Quincy) and some of his best songs ever on that album. The legendary BOW short film etc etc. Classic era. Do it justice MJ Estate!

I'd happily welcome Dangerous 25. I don't want the estate to only focus on the Quincy produced albums.

Some imposters calling themselves fans...lol. You don't call yourself a fan MJ and then turn around a dismiss a part or parts of his craft.

Some imposters calling themselves fans...lol. You don't call yourself a fan MJ and then turn around a dismiss a part or parts of his craft.
Listen, I only love about 60 per cent of his post Quincy solo work and I'm definitely a major fan since 69.
You can't call people impostors just bc they don't love everything.

I could be wrong but, I assumed it was due to Wade and Safechuck's accusations? Especially given they'd want even more money if a new album came out or something else highly profitable. Granted Xscape was released after Wade's claim, but just before that released Safechuck then came forward. Perhaps the estate are wary of another coming out with claims just as an album releases.

Obviously the cases could drag on, but they may be biding their time to see what happens early in the new year.

Wow! I had no idea you were elected The Pope of Michael Jackson fandom. Congratulations!

Listen, I only love about 60 per cent of his post Quincy solo work and I'm definitely a major fan since 69.
You can't call people impostors just bc they don't love everything.

Didn't say that. There wannabe MJ fans you jumped on board for a self-serving journey. If they had any change left, they pay the driver a tip and jump off the MJ train right away.

Who says I don't like Off the wall? I just said that I don't want any future releases to be Off the wall related!

The forum is a place for people to express their opinions, not show how good a fan they are. If you don't get the concept, go join a competition or something :p

We don't imposters pretending to be down for cause, scapegoating boasting and gloating their way into relevancy and a justified .

Wow! I had no idea you were elected The Pope of Michael Jackson fandom. Congratulations!

You with me on this, I really hate the animosity towards his pre-modern existence. Like he wasn't important or ground-breaking before he dropped the afro in favour of the jerrycurl. He was just as significant then as he was in the 90's. I don't care how much more 'mainstream' or 'cross-cultural' he became sir.

The reason we appreciate all of his craft is because you have to take the bad with the good, and seek a wholesome and panoramic view of his existence. Do you not think it's relent to seek what skills he was exhibiting before Thriller? The 'smoothness and groove' as Missy Elliot put it, was fundamental to defining and shaping MJs showcase in the 90's. But in order to understand this and where it came from, we must tap into a time machine and seek out what made this come about. I'm not the biggest fan of the Dangerous album or corresponding tour, but hey, I've certainly come to appreciate what he did in the nineties particularly his development of a rougher rockstar voice, have you not seen the Dangerous audition tapes where he basically sings the exact way he did on the recording for "Remember The Time".

Mod warning: Please refrain from insults and/or derogatory comments towards other fans. It is ok to post your opinion as long as it is respectful towards other fans aswell. Thank you.

The reason we appreciate all of his craft is because you have to take the bad with the good, and seek a wholesome and panoramic view of his existence. Do you not think it's relent to seek what skills he was exhibiting before Thriller? The 'smoothness and groove' as Missy Elliot put it, was fundamental to defining and shaping MJs showcase in the 90's. But in order to understand this and where it came from, we must tap into a time machine and seek out what made this come about. I'm not the biggest fan of the Dangerous album or corresponding tour, but hey, I've certainly come to appreciate what he did in the nineties particularly his development of a rougher rockstar voice, have you not seen the Dangerous audition tapes where he basically sings the exact way he did on the recording for "Remember The Time".
I wanna c the tape
Who says I don't like Off the wall? I just said that I don't want any future releases to be Off the wall related!

The forum is a place for people to express their opinions, not show how good a fan they are. If you don't get the concept, go join a competition or something :p

You with me on this, I really hate the animosity towards his pre-modern existence. Like he wasn't important or ground-breaking before he dropped the afro in favour of the jerrycurl. He was just as significant then as he was in the 90's. I don't care how much more 'mainstream' or 'cross-cultural' he became sir.

Other people having a different opinion of his "pre-modern" should not affect you. You have your own opinions like everyone else here. Also, animosity is the wrong word to use here.

You shouldn't get so worked up over people preferring material from a different era. You keep saying that people hate the Off The Wall era stuff because they would prefer later stuff. The fact of the matter is his songwriting had not yet reached anywhere near its peak in 1979. He was still young, and his songs were not as creative as they were as he went on. This is not an insult, this is merely pointing out that Michael evolved.

Everyone would love Off The Wall stuff, but for me it's not at the top of the list. It was his first adult solo album and would not have felt artistically free as he did in later years.

BTW, while his music at that time is just as significant in the 70s as in the 90s to us fans, the fact of the matter is he himself was not as significant in the late 70s as he was post Thriller and to think otherwise is silly. Post Thriller he was the biggest star in the world. Before this, he was popular yes, but merely a dot on the universe compared to afterwards.

Don't get so worked up over opinions, Off The Wall is still amazing regardless of what anyone says to you or me.

Back