Joseph Fiennes To Play MJ In 9/11 Programme

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/sky-preps-michael-jackson-roadtrip-drama/5098366.article

Sky preps Michael Jackson roadtrip drama

22 December, 2015 | By Peter White

Joseph Fiennes is to play Michael Jackson in a one-off drama for Sky Arts that will immortalise an outlandish roadtrip the singer took with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando.

Jackson invited Taylor and Brando to attend his concert at Madison Square Garden in September 2011, but after the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York, the trio hired a rental car and drove across the country in a bid to get home.

The celebrities made it to Ohio, reportedly stopping off at a number of KFCs and Burger Kings en route to sate Brando, before flying back to California.

Now Brian Cox, Joseph Fiennes and Stockard Channing will star as Brando, Jackson and Taylor, respectively, in the 1 x 60-minute dramatisation.

Elizabeth, Michael and Marlon is produced for the pay-TV broadcaster’s Playhouse Presents strand by Ralf Little’s indie Little Rock Pictures.

It marks the Sky Vision-backed company’s first commission since it was established earlier this month by the Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps and former Sprout Pictures chief operating officer Zoë Rocha.

The drama was commissioned by Sky Arts director Phil Edgar Jones and written by Delete This At Your Peril’s Neil Forsyth and directed by Ben Palmer.

1231625_jackson-taylor-brando.jpg

Joseph Finnes
309580.1.jpg

Re: Joseph Fiennes is to play Michael Jackson...

really?? smh..

This is a joke - right?

This is a joke - right?

I dont know...thats why i did not post it in the news section.

As I'm not from Great Britain I have no further information abot this webpage/source...

I'll check when I have time what kin df fools are behind this idea:)
The story of three of them on road trip is nonsense and work of someones imagination.

This is as pathetic idea as the Bubbles script they were shopping around.
Nothing like a play making fun of 3 deceased icons.

I hope it's just a joke. Why would a white man play him?

All signs suggest that this is the Michael Jackson movie we have been waiting for since day 1.

I would like to sample the narcotics of whoever it is that has assaulted us with his artistic intentions.

This is a joke - right?

All signs suggest that this is the Michael Jackson movie we have been waiting for since day 1.

I would like to sample the narcotics of whoever it is that has assaulted us with his artistic intentions.

:lol::lol::lol: You guys really are funny, bless your funny hearts. Seems to me time passes far more swiftly in certain corners of the universe and unlike us, commoners who are gettin' ready for Christmas in other places folks are celebrating April 1st already :doh:

I hope it's just a joke. Why would a white man play him?

Well supposedly Mike was going to play Edgar Allan Poe in a movie. ;D There's also a movie about Bob Dylan with black & female actors playing him

Well supposedly Mike was going to play Edgar Allan Poe in a movie. ;D

Well, he did not eventually.

And I think it's different too. In a world where black actors are still so underrepresented, especially in leading roles, a white actor playing one of the greatest black icons sends out the wrong message.

Well supposedly Mike was going to play Edgar Allan Poe in a movie. ;D There's also a movie about Bob Dylan with black & female actors playing him

Yes, I'm Not There staring Cate Blancett who actually did an ok portail of a young Dylan, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm going to have to reserve judgement on this until I look into the background of the actors playing the parts and see a few clips of this film. As crackpot as it sounds, the idea of MJ, Taylor and Brando crossing America in the same vehicle is quite interesting and at worst, funny. The premise does sound a bit mad, but I'll wait.

Oh dear lord!! I just watched a video of the guy!! Ok, discard my original comment! I'm judging! :blink:

So this guy is completely wrong to play MJ? Will have to look him up! :D

there's a small picture of him in the first post, it looks like he has green eyes. I don't know, I've never seen him before
btw, who's going to play Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando

Oh dear lord!! I just watched a video of the guy!! Ok, discard my original comment! I'm judging! :blink:

:lol: ok now I gotta look him up

they will have to use massive amounts of make up and special effects to make him look even slightly like MJ

Yes, I'm Not There staring Cate Blancett who actually did an ok portail of a young Dylan, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm going to have to reserve judgement on this until I look into the background of the actors playing the parts and see a few clips of this film. As crackpot as it sounds, the idea of MJ, Taylor and Brando crossing America in the same vehicle is quite interesting and at worst, funny. The premise does sound a bit mad, but I'll wait.

Isn't it a myth though that this trip even happened? Didn't Michael travel home by bus?

And even if it did happen, how would anyone know what happened there, what did they talk about? This could only be something the creators made up and I am not interested in made up stories about MJ, to be honest. They almost always portray him as some sort of caricature.

they will have to use massive amounts of make up and special effects to make him look even slightly like MJ

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and suggest this guy will be doused in white powder and a dodgy wig attached to his head. :lol:

Isn't it a myth though that this trip even happened? Didn't Michael travel home by bus?

And even if it did happen, how would anyone know what happened there, what did they talk about? This could only be something the creators made up and I am not interested in made up stories about MJ, to be honest. They almost always portray him as some sort of caricature.

Yes, from what I know MJ traveled home on a bus. I'm not suggesting for a moment that this is going to be a factual or authoritative piece, and would imagine Taylor and Brando will also be caricatures. Yeah, in all probability it's looking like another cheaply made, poorly written, badly acted, low budget, for tv only z-movie destined for the bottom of a bargin bin. So much for me reserving judgment. Honestly though, I can't get offended by this type of thing anymore, It's none important and just beyond me. And can it be any worse than that Man in The Mirror thing that was made a few years back.

I read this story when it came out and it seems like they clarified that this road trip was the product of the author's fantastical imagination.
(If they didn't, that's the way I remember it anyway).

These 3 actors are all very good actors and I know Stockard is not hard up for money because she's got a good part in the Good Wife right now. (She's a good idea for Taylor tho)

I would hope they were all on drugs when they signed to make this OR they make it real clear that it's fantasy.

Oh and nothing is worse than the MITM movie with Flex Alexander. That should be burned and buried. I'm ashamed of BET when they run it.

I hope this doesn't get made. Fine actors yes but what a crazy concept and I have no doubt that MJ will come off looking nuts.

Guys, I feel like I've not put my point across very well here. If this thing is horrenduos, badly acted and spreads a whole lot of lies then yes, absolutely I will be offended. At the same time it should probably be given as little attention as possible because if this thing is "controversal" it sort of works in their favour and the last thing it needs is a load of MJ fans kicking up a fuss, I would imagine in a perverse sort of way the people behind it would be secretly delighted.

I would imagine it's one of those vanity projects an actor/director does in order to challange themselves and takes on as an oppertunity to test their acting chops, you know, to show how talented and versatile they are. I would imagine little effort will be put into making an accurate and honest piece of film/story telling. Yeah, I would imagine a self-apprasal vanity project that these guys put on their CV's.

^^Its ok to talk about it here though, right?
I still think the original piece was intended to be outrageous satire-if it's intended to be real, it's making fun of all 3.

I hope this doesn't get made. Fine actors yes but what a crazy concept and I have no doubt that MJ will come off looking nuts.

And as I remember, Elizabeth and Marlon came off way worse than Michael.

^^Its ok to talk about it here though, right?
I still think the original piece was intended to be outrageous satire-if it's intended to be real, it's making fun of all 3.

And as I remember, Elizabeth and Marlon came off way worse than Michael.
Yes of course Barbee, what I mean is if people start creating petitions, contact the production company etc. I just feel with something like this (MJ related) any attention seems to be good attention.

Yes of course Barbee, what I mean is if people start creating petitions, contact the production company etc. I just feel with something like this (MJ related) any attention seems to be good attention.
ok and I agree with that! Didn't even think of petitions, etc. :(

I agree.

Back