The Will.i.am tracks [Discussion]

larry141094

Proud Member
The Will.I.Am Tracks

We know that there are several completed tracks that Michael Jackson and Will.I.Am did together. Nearly enough for an album of material, i do respect Will's decision not to release the tracks. But do the Estate have a right to release them if they wish to? Not that i'd want them to force Will to hand them over or anything, but who exactly has the rights to those tracks?

I think the estate cannot release them without permission from Will I Am, the same way reminding Queen members had to get the estate's approval for releasing Freddie and MJ duet.

Will was deadly against any posthumous albums and thought it was disrespectful thing to do, but as time has passed, he has softened his opinion, so who knows?
This is what he said earlier:
Earlier this year, Will talked to Access Hollywood about some of the songs he recorded with Michael, mentioning “Dreaming,” “Still the King,” and a James Brown tribute called “I Will Miss You.” But he still maintains that none of them will ever be released, because Jackson didn’t give them a final okay. “He kept his vocals and I kept the music,” he says. “We had that understanding.”

Seemingly they had more than those 3 songs mentioned above paragraph, as I found this:
will.i.am recently opened up that he and Michael Jackson have cooked up materials for the late singer's new album. "It was going to be out of this world. It's something Michael has never done before - a dance music album. I was very proud of it," he told Daily Mirror.

"He was very protective and kept it under lock and key," the Black Eyed Peas' member explained further. "After we made it I had to hand back every demo. He was a perfectionist and didn't want anyone to hear it until it was ready."

Unfortunately, will.i.am is not sure whether the album will be released or not since it hasn't been finalized when Michael passed away on June 25.

Furthermore, will.i.am told BBC at Glastonbury Music Festival this weekend that the new materials were kept by Michael. "He had all the hard drives because I didn't want to be responsible for that," he stated. "It's one thing to lose a Black Eyed Peas hard drive. I move around a lot and to make songs with Michael Jackson and risk me losing that music, I didn't want that responsibility. So he kept all the stuff that we worked on."

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00025404.html#ixzz30Fu0WAnZ

Last edited:
Re: The Will.I.Am Tracks

Will has four songs that he could release. That's it.

Yea, those two recording an "album worth's of material" isn't true, from all we've come to know. As far as songs with Michael's vocals go.

TBH, I'm not that excited about those tracks. BEP released just two worthwhile albums, Elefunk and Monkey Business, (with Fergie) the Beat It and PYT's remixes are horrendous IMHO. The only decent one was TGIM 2008. Probably it's me but will has been doing shitty music for a long time.

Last edited:

MJ worked with Will back in 2006. After that I don't recall of them ever working together again. It wouldn't surprise me if MJ left those sessions feeling uninspired and moved onto different producers

if michael kept the vocals.... then use those vocals for next album and give it to timbaland (only if Xscape is rly good :p).
i dont trust will.i.am, he would turn the songs into "Scream&shout" sound-a-likes.

the original demos/tracks would be great, but since will.i.am is a douche, he wouldnt release them.

MJ worked with Will back in 2006. After that I don't recall of them ever working together again. It wouldn't surprise me if MJ left those sessions feeling uninspired and moved onto different producers

They met up again in Las Vegas and continued talking up to late 2008.

Thinking how BEP ruined Time Of My Life (it was successful nontheless -_- ) and how horrendous the duet will made with Britney Spears, I really think he will do a favor to Michael's catalogue if he doesn't release those tracks.

But there are 6 titles.

Six titles doesn't mean six completed songs. Think about it: the list on Michael's wall featured dozens of them, and it's common knowledge that many of them are incomplete.

But there are 6 titles.

I think "Missing you" and especially "Still the king" are unfinished. That was just Will throwing ideas around with MJ and from what I read these 2 are not finished. The other four are probably (near) finished, since will.i.am was like he would "release them tomorrow" (if it was up to him).

Hopefully the original versions will be released along with updated versions, let's say produced by RedOne (original and new version similar to Xscape album)

Will even shows up on a recent RedOne produced track, but he ruined it imo with his annoying vocals (starting 1:17):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjgq6-5uDtY

Last edited:

Miss You is one of the few that can be released actually, along with The Future.

I'd like to see them released, but realistically? It's probably a bad idea. Will.i.am isn't the greatest composer.

I'd love to hear everything Michael touched, but maybe not those.

Wow, some of you guys are really harsh with those tracks, not wanting them to be released at all. I can understand being cautious. I don't like Will.I.Am at all, either. But I really wanna hear those tracks, they are one of the most recent songs MJ recorded. It would be awesome if it's true that 3-4 tracks were nearly completed. Remember, there aren't many finished post trial songs!
Also, don't forget that MJ himself worked on those songs. I'm sure they don't sound like Will.I.Ams shallow recent songs.

I think those songs never will see the light...until Will.I.Am will be out of money...

Remember though, that these tracks were worked on by Will.i.am AND MJ. So if Michael didn't like something, he would've said something. I would also say, all this Will hating is kind of funny because Michael didn't work with just anyone, he worked with people he LIKED, so he saw something in Will that you guys are missing

Except there is no guarantee how much of whatever Will brought to the table, Michael actually liked. We only know of about a handful of songs that are said to have some vocals on them, stemming from those sessions. Will himself stated that a lot of the stuff was just him playing stuff for Michael and the two trying to vibe off each other and the music playing. So despite bringing him in to work with him, there's no simple way of knowing or any guarantee that Michael was that into the stuff Will.I.Am specifically made available to him, at the time.

Lol dude, you always talking like you were there with mj studio...

It's simply a case of knowing things from reliable sources. There are several users on this board who do the exact same thing. Don't believe me if you don't want to; doesn't matter either way.

I think "Missing you" and especially "Still the king" are unfinished. That was just Will throwing ideas around with MJ and from what I read these 2 are not finished. The other four are probably (near) finished, since will.i.am was like he would "release them tomorrow" (if it was up to him).

Hopefully the original versions will be released along with updated versions, let's say produced by RedOne (original and new version similar to Xscape album)

Will even shows up on a recent RedOne produced track, but he ruined it imo with his annoying vocals (starting 1:17):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjgq6-5uDtY

I think Miss You is pretty much completed because it was written as a tribute to James Brown. MJ probably wrote the lyrics for that one.

It's simply a case of knowing things from reliable sources. There are several users on this board who do the exact same thing. Don't believe me if you don't want to; doesn't matter either way.

What/who is the 'reliable' source then?

What/who is the 'reliable' source then?

An engineer. A source close to the estate. Of course I'm not gonna give their names out.

Like I said, you don't have to believe me. I don't blame anyone if they don't. But I know what I'm talking about.

An engineer. A source close to the estate. Of course I'm not gonna give their names out.

Like I said, you don't have to believe me. I don't blame anyone if they don't. But I know what I'm talking about.

I think you can't accept you're just as in the dark as anyone when it comes to unreleased music. Why on earth would an engineer close to the state be in contact with you specifically?

I really wish Will.i.am would agree to release these songs. Equally I feel for Queen fans waiting for the Estate to allow Queen to use the Michael / Freddie duets. It's so frustrating. Guess I've just got to keep wishing on stars.

Giving examples of other people with contacts isn't answering my question. Why would these people be in contact with you specifically? You don't necessarily have to tell us the name of the engineer and numerous others you are in contact with to prove your claims. You could actually post the information given to you in there original sourced form (eg. emails) and blur their names out.

What do you mean you're working on a side project? Isn't that your thread categorising and listing unreleased songs from each era? What is an example of something you will confirm and deny?

The only way I can describe it is being a matter of gaining trust. And you know what? I'll do just that. I should have a screen cap up at some point; remind me if I never do it, haha :p

My project is kind of a round up of Michael's unreleased material, outlining what is true, what isn't and hopefully shining some light on certain songs. Per example, I've seen some people still claim that Slave to the Rhythm was recorded in 1999, when it was really done ten years earlier. It's not necessarily a groundbreaking project, but I'm hoping that I get some new information out there.

It is always the same f*cking story with the famous engineer. Dude, im asking you: do you believe in yourself?

It is always the same f*cking story with the famous engineer. Dude, im asking you: do you believe in yourself?

It amuses me immensely that folks are questioning me about my own sources, yet never question Stella, or anyone else who claims to know things.

From here on out, anything I say about Michael's music I have one hundred percent faith in. I will not be confusing my opinion with fact anymore. This comes simply from an immense amount of research. Half of the things that I know anyone could find out with a simple Google search and patience. I don't blame anyone for not believing me, by no means. As far as the estate situation goes and their releases, I've been wrong before, as I've mixed up my own opinion with fact, and for that I apologize. But when it comes to Michael's music (recording date, completion, etc), I would like to say that I'm fairly certain in what I'm talking about.

For example: some time ago a fan named RedDawn over at the old Maximum Jackson spoke to me about the Bad 25 release and informed me how many song were releasable from RedOne, will.i.am and Rodney Jerkins. He was the equivalent of mkgenie to this board, to put it in perspective, and has been spot on with everything he said about Michael and the aforementioned B25. When the old MaxJax shut down, I lost contact with him, but I recall some things he said to me. Ask anyone from that board; they remember him.

So to answer your question, yeah. I do believe in myself. I'll calm down with some of the things I say, but I have no doubt that what I say is factual. Take it as you will.

@Always There
I think some people "doubt" you sometimes, because there have been times when you were slightly wrong, but that's not to say you don't know what you know.
I appreciate your insight, it's nice to have someone constant, who seems to have some insight to the unknown.

Back