Wonder Woman (2017)

Victory2004

Proud Member
Official Logo
CZIa8FmUsAEvuHK.jpg
Pic
CZF4uj8UsAArSgl.jpg

Last edited:
The trailer looks great, and her costume doesn't looked drowned out, unlike in Batman v Superman where it looked more like Zena Warrior Princess than Wonder Woman.

61fbeff59b0b420ce463973ffff654d9.jpg

Last edited:
I also hope the new film has a kick ass theme song like the 70's show which I loved :chillin:

Gal Gadot was great so far in the Batman Vs Superman film.......but in my eyes Lynda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to me (y)
329DA5AA00000578-3512491-Everyone_s_favorite_Lynda_Carter_who_played_Wonder  _Woman_on_TV_i-m-10_1459174954974.jpg

Last edited:
But i'm very excited to see what they can do with the character now. With Geoff Johns co-writing the script, the film has a chance of being something great.

Did you know that Lynda Carter appeared on the Jackson's Variety Show in 1977? She got to :dancin: with MJ :yes:

I didn't!! Really cool. Thanks for sharing. :) Lynda will be appearing in Season 2 of SUPERGIRL this fall on The CW.

That's great news. Lynda is a legend :clapping::bow:. She even appeared on my all-time fav cross-over episodes of Law & Order: SVU/Law & Order in 2005 as part of a nasty mother and daughter con-artist team, which I think are still being shown on Hulu.

Law & Order:SVU Season 7: Design

A distraught pregnant woman threatens suicide, claiming that her child is a product of rape, but when the case goes to trial, the woman's willingness to settle for cash makes detectives suspicious.

Law & Order Season 16: Flaw

Fontana and Green seek the aid of Detective Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) when they discover a money-laundering scheme involving a mother-daughter team (Lynda Carter, Estella Warren) Benson had dealt with in a past case.

She still looks amazing at 65, here is a recent pic of her. Honoree Lynda Carter accepts the Lifetime Achievement Award onstage during the 41st Annual Gracie Awards at Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel on May 24, 2016 in Beverly Hills, California.

honoree-lynda-carter-accepts-the-lifetime-achievement-award-onstage-picture-id534083172

She's Still Wonder Woman: Why Lynda Carter's Lifetime Achievement Award Is Most Deserved http://moviepilot.com/posts/3935210

Actress Lynda Carter was honored on Tuesday night at the 41st Annual Gracie Awards with a Lifetime Achievement Award for her contribution to film and television. I've discussed Carter's contribution to Wonder Woman and the female superhero before, but being the recipient of this award highlights not only her contribution to female superheroism, but what she accomplished for women in the media.

Carter became known to the world for her role as Wonder Woman back in 1975 on the hit TV series of the same name. Ever since Carter's portrayal of the character, her interpretation has remained the most iconic, with no subsequent successful adaptations of the character until this year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. That's a huge gap for such a well-known hero, highlighting just how unforgettable and irreplaceable Carter is. Though, Gal Godot did a pretty kick-ass job in BVS:

As amazing as this is, Carter being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award extends beyond what she did for the character of Wonder Woman and superheroes. In her speech, Carter discusses the obstacles she faced in the industry, most notably when she was first cast as Wonder Woman, saying that network executives didn't believe women could lead a prime-time series. She further discussed how she originally had a male stunt double. She professes her gratitude for the role and all it did for her career

"I don't know what divine intervention led to my being cast as Wonder Woman, but that enduring role became a stepping stone and served as the foundation of much of my professional success." Carter as Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman skyrocketed Carter's career, but what some people fail to realize is that Carter did as much for the character as it did for her. She embodied the role of Wonder Woman and her appearance on network television arrived at just the right time, giving young girls a role model. Wonder Woman was both smart and pretty — it wasn't one or the other. The character proved that women can be equals in a world thought to be run by men. It may have just been a TV show at the time, but its legacy is what changed television forever.

After Wonder Woman came to an end, women were seen more frequently in lead roles. What was even more noteworthy is that they were no longer playing the typical housewife character. During the 1980s we saw characters like Angela Lansbury's sleuthing genius Jessica Fletcher in Murder, She Wrote, as well as Jane Badler's brilliantly twisted Diana, the lead character and villain in V.

This was further expanded during the 1990s and, as theme-orientated television began to fade, drama and comedy took over. Calista Flockhart's Ally McBeal was a huge success, and we can't mention the '90s without talking about Friends — a show where half its lead characters were women. Perhaps the biggest achievement of the '90s on this front was Buffy the Vampire Slayer — a show that was also revolutionary at the time.

Examining modern television, it's clear that nearly every major network has at least one female-led television show. Moreover, powerful female characters — superhero or otherwise — are becoming more prominent. Characters like Supergirl, Arrow's Black Canary and Game of Thrones' Danaerys Targaryen all represent strong female leads who could easily give the male characters in their respective shows a run for their money.

she-s-still-wonder-woman-why-lynda-carter-s-lifetime-achievement-award-is-most-deserved-992310.jpg

"To whatever small extent I may have been a pioneer — or a role model for other young women — it's you who are now blazing new trails."

Carter's speech at the ceremony was almost a passing of the torch to all these young women who now carry on the legacy that she created. Women on television are arguably stronger than ever, and there's no doubt that Carter played a large part on getting us to this stage. Not only on screen, but there are more and more female writers and directors in the industry, and achievements like this were only made possible because of people like Carter opening up the door.

Carter didn't just open up the door, however — she kicked it in and made sure that it was never locked again. Like her eponymous character, she too was a role model, but it's moments like Carter getting the recognition that she deserves that allow us to see her for the role model that she so clearly still is.

Perhaps it was divine intervention that led to Carter being cast as Wonder Woman, but whatever it was we are grateful because the trail that she blazed for female superheroes was revolutionary. If it weren't for Carter, we might not have been given subsequent series like Birds of Prey, Supergirl or Agent Carter. Powerful women weren't usually seen on TV, but Carter changed this, and what was so important about Wonder Woman was that it was female-led and female empowered — women were equally as important to the narrative. Moreover, female-led series of any genre are arguably now more popular than male-led series. Examples include American Horror Story, Happy Valley and Grey's Anatomy. We've moved on from male-domination media, and that is largely due to what Carter accomplished with Wonder Woman. She may be superhero royalty, but she is also the pioneer of female television and that is what makes Carter a real-life Wonder Woman.

[video]http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_282,w_500/t_mp_quality_gif/tyyjlhutct6oxbjw824l/she-s-still-wonder-woman-why-lynda-carter-s-lifetime-achievement-award-is-most-deserved-992350.webm[/video]

Last edited:
I read that Lynda did most of her stunts on the show, but for the more dangerous ones she had a stunt double (in the first season it was apparently a man), and here she is in the arms of her stunt double Jeannie Epper :)

CmM5ZNbWkAAgIbQ.jpg

All this Wonder Woman talk led me to this cool Wonder Woman parody film trailer featuring Lynda Carter is amazing.

Also how did she not get dizzy doing those amazing spins. I wonder if Gal Gadot will do some in the new film? I hope so and maybe an Invisible plane??

Wonder Woman Spins! - First Season

Wonder Woman Spins! - Second Season

Wonder Woman Spins! - Third Season

Last edited:
The trailer looks great, and her costume doesn't looked drowned out, unlike in Batman v Superman where it looked more like Zena Warrior Princess than Wonder Woman.

61fbeff59b0b420ce463973ffff654d9.jpg

I love that her costume has had more colour put to it.

Yuuuup the colors pop out more. Thank goodness.....and the trailer looks so amazing.....I think based on what we've seen so far Gal is gonna be a great Wonder Woman ? for this era of Superhero films. At the same time create a new generation of fans that will go back to the comics, the awesome TV show of the 70s etc .....discover the evolution of this important groundbreaking character from the DC universe.....it's about time Wonder Woman got her own stand alone film.

Last edited:
Wonder Woman Director Responds To Claims The Film Is ‘A Mess’

51f933a4b21b903261892c2ac03d2413

It’s the superhero movie we’re all dying to see – ‘Wonder Woman’ made a huge impression following her appearance in ‘Batman V Superman’… and her upcoming solo movie could be the film which turns around the DC big screen franchise. But recent claims that the film is ‘a mess’ haven’t gone down well. Especially not with the film’s director.

“Woah, just saw this press about WW having problems,” she said via Twitter. “Are they serious? This is some made up bs right here. Made up! Produce a source, anyone. You can’t because it’s entirely false. Don’t believe the hype people. Someone’s trying to spread some serious misinfo.”

Of course, her comments come in response to an open letter which was published last week by someone claiming to be a disgruntled Warner Bros. ex-employee… someone who claims to have worked on the movie itself. And it’s a rather damning read.

f2c97d51ae237c27d0b0f391f285de84

“Don’t try to hide behind the great trailer,” it reads. “People inside are already confirming [Wonder Woman is] another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over.”

But Patty Jenkins is having none of it.

“Isn’t until you are intimately involved in these things that you realize how totally false these rumors can,” she added. “Let me reassure you… Zero about the movie we are making has been called a mess by anyone in the know. Fact. Real lasso of truth, time, will reveal that letter to be false soon enough. But lame something so transparent in its agenda gets traction.”

But will ‘Wonder Woman’ get DC back on track?

It’s no secret that the recently unveiled trailer went down very well indeed. And Gal Gadot’s appearance in ‘Batman V Superman’ has swiftly turned her into a bit of a fan favourite. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that her solo movie won’t suffer from the same problems as the rest of DC’s films in recent years. ‘Batman V Superman’ was plagued by damning critical reviews… and ‘Suicide Squad’ didn’t fare much better.

Will ‘Wonder Woman’ buck the trend?

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. But we really hope so.

‘Wonder Woman’ heads to cinemas on 2 June 2017.

What a load of :bs this one looked really excellent a nod to the past, and a look to the future.

Her costume is a huge improvement over the one she had in Batman V Superman.

I'm glad they are releasing a movie on this level for little girls to see they can be a super hero as well!

I watched Wonder Woman (2017) last night and really I enjoyed it, some of the special effects being a bit too CGI....but terms of the storyline, pacing and the soundtrack it was pretty solid compared to the Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad (which I felt still needed some tweaking). Across the board the cast was excellent, Gal Gadot and Chris Pine had great chemistry. But the standout for me was Robin Wright, who was awesome as General Antiope :bow: who would have thought that the same actress who played Princess Buttercup in the classic The Princess Bride (1986) would totally kick ass as a Amazon General (plus she is still amazing as Claire Underwood in House of Cards....Season 5 currently on Nexflix which I am binge watching at the moment). I most definitely will get this on blu-ray and I give this film a 4.5 out of 5 (y) I loved the Wonder Woman tv series starring Lynda Carter, and I think it was sweet that they thanked her in the credit's Special Thanks (because according to the articles which I have read, she endorsed Gal and helped Patty Jenkins (who directed Charlize Theron in Monster (2003) with some insight about the character and why it has endured ('Wonder Woman' director sought Lynda Carter's support http://www.bakersfield.com/ap/state...cle_68ef98cd-6a93-5260-8c9c-76d59383905d.html).

:clap: Here my fav pic at the Wonder Woman Premiere :bow:

DAt8oXeXYAEMZln.jpg

Last edited:
Ill be watching it either tomorrow or saterday

Ill be watching it either tomorrow or saterday

I think its the best DC film since The Dark Knight (2008) and Superman (1978) which I rate as a 5 out of 5 (y) that is how much I liked this film, which I plan to watch again on the big screen.

DBR4N-zXgAAkyGB.jpg

Back