HIStory Tour Discussion - Should it be released? [Merged]

Should HIStory Tour be offically released?

• Yes, in cinema

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Yes, in DVD

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • Yes, in DVD and cinema

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

Mike P.

Proud Member
Who else loves the HIStory Tour? I so wish there was a DVD or Blu-Ray release of this. As glad as I was that Bad Tour finally got an official home video release, HIStory really deserves to be given a nice release, preferably Blu-Ray.

Re: There really needs to be a HIStory Tour DVD

If it happens then it would be the Munich concert we already have in HD. John Branca said in Bad 25 Q&A that he would like to see it released in cinemas 3D. I'm not against the idea but I think Bad Tour should be released in cinemas first. :)

Releasing HIStory Tour to cinemas would be one the dumbest things the estate could do.

I'd love to have that tour on DVD, I have the Bucharest Dangerous tour and the Wembley Bad tour, that's all we get in Australia. Pretty ordinary really, would love more!

I agree with those who do not want the estate to release the History Tour to cinemas or on a dvd. That being said, there are some moments I do like in this tour e.g, like someone mentioned it in another thread, his amazing WBSS James Brown footwork. The second part of Billie Jean in Kuala Lumpur is great. As a consequence, I would not have a problem with it being released on a dvd if the good pieces were selected and part of some dvd called um, I dunno, "Michael Jackson Best Moves live" "Michael Jackson Dance Eras" "Dance Masters Volume whatever" etc.

Last edited:

i WOULD LOVE TO HAVE History tour on dvd/br but some concert we ddnt see.

I wouldn't put it past the estate to release MJ's worst tour of them all on DVD. They already released controversial vocals on an album, and used an impersonator for the hologram performance at the BBMA's.

Releasing this on DVD on it's own would be a BAD idea. Now if they release a boxset of MJ's various live performances, and HIStory Tour happens to be in it, then it would be ok...but no...for the love of God do not release it on it's own!

Let the History Tour die. Seriously.

Michael's dancing is fine (even great in spots), but overall, this tour is pathetic. He mimes all but two songs, and the typical energy of a Michael Jackson tour is gone. I don't think Michael ever lost his genius or his magic, but watching this tour makes me think, even for a moment, that he started to.

I'm completely against any History Tour release at any point. It's up there on my very short lists of projects I would refuse to buy.

While it would be pretty damn awesome to see a Michael Jackson concert on the big screen, I'm not sure if this would be the best concert to do it with. I can see it being done maybe as a limited release deal, but that's it. Like others have said him lip-synching for most of the concerts would not look good to the general audience. =/

I'm pro History Tour. It would be nice to have an unseen concert (preferably from 97) on DVD/Blu Ray. Dancing wise he became a monster, the James Brown flamingo move was so crisp and smooth (ain't i right Word Smith:D)The robotics in Billie Jean and Stranger In Moscow was extraordinary as well. To say he was beginning to lose his genius or magic is ridiculous. It has been established numerous of times that he wasn't feeling well on the tour (which is evident). Compare the ending segment of Billie Jean to his previous tours and say again how he lost his magic :)

The tour was a smash, and it has been broadcasted on various channels ever since 1997 so i see no harm in releasing it on DVD or Blu Ray.

If fans refuses to buy a concert Michael Jackson was doing when being alive guess who you will be really hurting..

I think the history concert should be released in some form maybe as a highlight dvd at the least as over here in the uk, we have to rely on you tube. Maybe it could be released as a double pack with the victory tour

Just a thought

I'm pro History Tour. It would be nice to have an unseen concert (preferably from 97) on DVD/Blu Ray. Dancing wise he became a monster, the James Brown flamingo move was so crisp and smooth (ain't i right Word Smith:D)The robotics in Billie Jean and Stranger In Moscow was extraordinary as well. To say he was beginning to lose his genius or magic is ridiculous. It has been established numerous of times that he wasn't feeling well on the tour (which is evident). Compare the ending segment of Billie Jean to his previous tours and say again how he lost his magic :)

The tour was a smash, and it has been broadcasted on various channels ever since 1997 so i see no harm in releasing it on DVD or Blu Ray.

If fans refuses to buy a concert Michael Jackson was doing when being alive guess who you will be really hurting..

I love his dancing on that tour. History is one of my favourites (well okay they all are to be honest). As far as his energy being gone, well I don't know about that after watching him hanging off that cherry picker the way he did. Personally, after everything he had been through a few years previously, I'm amazed he had the energy he did.

No cinema release. Yes for the eventual History re-release.

Maybe if they do it like they do concert movies now....where there are "the making of" and behind the scences footage as well as interviews of people who worked on the tour....maybe even footage of him out and about like meeting fans etc....and of course various performances would be cut into it

Also op didn't even mention cinema release so why the negativty about it

Because it was being talked about as an idea by Branca a while back.

It boggles the mind that they would even consider doing the work to put THAT into cinemas and NOT some sort of compilation collection of sorts for Bad Tour.

Agreed, i LOVE the HIStory tour. I hope they release this one day. :angel:

Not a dig or anything but being realistic, if they can put an impersonator on stage with a digital head lip syncing badly to a song Michael sung almost a quarter of a century ago, I think HIStory tour being released is a big reality and a blessing in that retrospect.

As far as I know, if the History tour is going to be released in 3D it will be Munich.
If they are releasing Munich on DVD or BR then it makes no sense because it has been available for FREE for several years. Unless it's something new then I wouldn't be buying it. A cinema release would be amazing (if it were the BAD tour!).
In 2015 I can see them making a History re-release with a DVD or BR of Munich. That's fine, but I would rather a different show with hopefully more live vocals :)

There are WAY more things that are in need of release before I would even begin talking about the HIStory tour. For one, its widely available and in fantastic quality for the most part. Things like the Triumph Tour and Victory tour is where they need to start. Some more footage from the Bad tour, both from the 1st and 2nd leg. Some early 87 shows would be great to see, as well as things like LA 1989,Cork 88, MSG 88, etc.. The Dangerous Tour is my personal favorite, i would love to see more footage from that tour as well.. Honestly, i would rather them release more This Is It footage before HIStory footage, like i have said before, you can find TONS of HIStory Tour footage in great quality. And like others have said, releasing the HIStory Tour into theaters would be a bad idea.

They need to do a Bluray release of a show from the Dangerous Tour (preferably the first leg) and put that in cinemas! The DWT was MJ in his prime in my opinion. There was a very good balance between singing live and dancing like a BOSS! I feel like the Bad and HIStory Tour were only strong in one of those categories each. An unseen DWT concert would make a perfect concert release for Dangerous 25 coming up soon :)

Munich would be a big mistake, everybody knows it everybody has seen it multiple times! Period. Before they think of any History Tour DVDs or BRs they should focus on with what they've started ? there are still shows from the 87 shows or Los Angeles onwards! History DVD would be a huge mistake, I really hope they won't do that

Munich would be a big mistake, everybody knows it everybody has seen it multiple times! Period.

That´s amazing.
7 billion people have seen it multiple times.

I would love a HIStory Tour Blu-Ray.. but it should be a compilation concert featuring the song's with various live vocals! for example dangerous in ostend? etc. or possibly Munich july 4th with the live vocal recording from the multitracks.. first munich show is far better than the second tbh! but it should be the last blu ray released. That is all.

MIST;4014762 said:
That´s amazing.

You think it's okey after the release of Wembley to jump right into the history era? Keeping shows like Texas or New York from the day of light would be a scandal for the fan community trust me! Don't get me wrong on Munich please, I love the show it's one of my favorites but it's definitely not the time to put it on a official DVD cause there is too much in between the Bad & History Era left out

MIST;4014762 said:
That´s amazing.

I think Venum meant the that fans have seen it multiple times. It gets broadcast on TV in Europe a lot and is probably one of the most common concerts you find for download on MJ media subforums and such because there's multiple variations of it. I have like four or five different versions of it, myself.

Please not Munich. That's the worst show on the HIStory Tour

I think Venum meant the that fans have seen it multiple times. It gets broadcast on TV in Europe a lot and is probably one of the most common concerts you find for download on MJ media subforums and such because there's multiple variations of it. I have like four or five different versions of it, myself.

Thank you, that's what I was referring to ?

Should HIStory Tour be released to cinemas?

Please try to keep this topic civil. I don't want to see this thread get closed, but also remember that people can get passionate about their opinions, so things may get a little heated. So if you can't handle that, then stay away from this thread.

I'm making this poll because I want to see how many of us are split about this topic

Back