Paris and College?

FullLipsDotNose

Proud Member
She's going to graduate from high school this year. Is she applying to college? AFAIK She said a few years ago that she wanted to be a heart surgeon or actress. Dunno whether she's still into those ideas.

Im sure Ive seen her commenting on her Instagram that she has already finished high school and is attending college.

edit: On her IG, there is a pic of her with a cloth over her mouth and she wrote "college is really a new birth". I also saw someone commenting she is going to a small community college named Pierce college.

If this is true I dont know though lol

Tried to google it, but can't find the match.

Anyway, I'm not well acquainted with the US/Californian education system - do you need a high school diploma to go to community college? I thought it's an alternative to university, so I'm surprised that Paris, allegedly, has already commenced her studies there given the fact she's not 18 yet.

I can fill you in about the California education system to some degree...(I live in California).

First this:

...has already commenced her studies there given the fact she's not 18 yet?

Many students graduate from high school here before turning 18. It depends on different factors, one being where your birthday falls and what age you were when you entered first grade. My sister graduated at age 17, for her birthday is in October, and she entered school at age 4 1/2 (kindergarten, she was 5 1/2 when she started 1st grade). My husband graduated at age 16, his birthday also being in October but he skipped second grade which put him a year ahead, and so he graduated while being younger than his classmates.

You do not have to be 18 to start college. In California you need one of three types of degrees: A High School Diploma; a "General Education Degree" (passing the test, G.E.D.; or the "California High School Proficiency Exam" (passing the test, CHSPE).

The GED is for those who have dropped out of high school but later realize in order to move forward in life (getting a job, getting into college) they need something that would be equivalent to a high school degree. The test covers multiple subjects and passing the exam demonstrates one has a rounded, general education.

The CHSPE is something that the state of California came up with for high school students who are currently in good standing in high school maintaining good grades, but wish to get out early in order to start their college careers ahead of time. This is what my son did at age seventeen when he was only in his second month of his senior year (he had enough of the stress of high school). The test is similar and at the difficulty level of the SAT exam, which are taken in the US for getting into universities. My son had already done well on his SAT's in his junior year, so we knew he would probably do fine in passing the CHSPE. The questions asked are within the subjects of Math, English, and Writing only (like the SAT's). So, my son was done with high school at age 17.

One other option that would enable a high school student to get done early would be if they are either home schooled or are going to a private high school that allows kids to have a full term, year round, so they are adding to their units in the summer months as well and possibly even during a winter session. If they get all required units completed by their third year of high school, they may be qualified to get their high school degree a year early and move on to college in the coming term. Or they might finish up one semester early. it still gives them a head start for college.

Perhaps Paris was able to complete all her units early at the high school she was attending. Or maybe she "tested out" and got what would be viewed as an equivalent to a high school degree/diploma... and would be good to go (to college).

I hope this helped . :)

Last edited:
I'm peeking in. Lisha I just popped in and read through some of our old messages to each other. You're a good person and friend. (Sorry I'm off topic, you don't accept messages now) So on topic (I haven't read it) looks like Paris's age and college is being questioned? I was 17 when I graduated and 17 when I began college and turned 18 shortly after.

I'm peeking in. Lisha I just popped in and read through some of our old messages to each other. You're a good person and friend. (Sorry I'm off topic, you don't accept messages now) So on topic (I haven't read it) looks like Paris's age and college is being questioned? I was 17 when I graduated and 17 when I began college and turned 18 shortly after.

The thing is I grew up in a country where graduating like this is not possible. There are people who skip grades if they are exceptional, but it's rare. You usually have a prescribed number of classes you have to attend each year and I can't imagine anyone having greater workload than that anyway.

We had, for example, compulsory Geography until year 11, but couldn't do our final exams in it until we were in year 13. I wanted to have the English examination waived as I did an international certificate a year before my graduation (and was roughly at the level of a native speaker), but my teacher told me it would be so much paperwork and he didn't want to go through it again (last year there was a student who wanted to do the same).

To simplify.. You can take college courses when you are in high school, not many people do it but it is done.. Gives a little head start for those.... hungover days that push you back haha!

Someone on YT commented she attended Pierce College and took classes at CSUN. This is what Wikipedia says,

CSUN offers a pathway program for academic progression in the field of Nursing that links CSUN with designated California Community College (CC) partners. This program enables students who are interested in attaining an ADN to earn a BSN degree in just 2½ years from starting the program. Students will be concurrently enrolled in both nursing programs, taking courses for their BSN while completing their associate degree at the community college. On completion of their ADN students will be able to complete their BSN in one year. Students must be accepted into an ADN program at one of the participating community colleges.

The following California Community Colleges are currently partnered up with CSUN Nursing: Glendale Community College, College of the Canyons, Los Angeles Valley College, Pierce College.

I tried to find more relevant info on whether she dropped out or not, but it seems it's just a rumour.

Back