Where did MJ's van break down in the early nineties and what auto shop did he go to?

HOTEL

Proud Member
Anyone know the exact location of where the van broke down and the auto shop he went to kickstarting the whole Chandler dilemma?

The shop was called Rent-A-Wreck and it was owned by Jordan's step father David Schwartz. It was located on Wilshire Boulvard, Los Angeles.

Isn't that how he met the chandlers? Worst day of his life if you ask me. Gosh I wish Michael wouldn't have always wanted to befriend everyone he met. You just can't trust everyone you come in contact with.

Imagine what Michaels life and career would have been like if his car never broke down..................................................................................

Isn't that how he met the chandlers? Worst day of his life if you ask me. Gosh I wish Michael wouldn't have always wanted to befriend everyone he met. You just can't trust everyone you come in contact with.

The rotten Chandlers asked him to give Jordan a call. this was the third time they tried to get to him.
Chandler was a fan since age 4 and his mother tried to get to MJ twice before May 1992.
The pigs asked MJ to give Jordan a call and then used the very thing they asked him to do against him!
Ray Chandler even told Larry King that MJ just took Chandler's phone number and it all looked innocent at the time
like it was MJ who wanted to take his number when in fact it was the stepfather and June and Jordan who gave him the number
and told him he doesn't have to pay for the car if he calls him back.
They were the predators not MJ.
According to June's testimony MJ didn't even bother to call Jordan for a month or two after this initial meeting.
Yeah that's a sign that MJ was totally crazy about Jordan. A month or two!

Imagine what Michaels life and career would have been like if his car never broke down..................................................................................

There's a reason why I hate cars.

Last edited:

Or if it broke down in a different part of town, close to a completely different shop...

Well, that really goes deep!

There would have been no
- '93 case / Sneddon witch hunt part 1
- HIStory album in the form we know
- '04 case / Sneddon witch hunt part 2
- This Is It in the way we came to know it
- 06/25/09

Instead: Dangerous album/campaign would have become even more successful within the USA & also international. Judging by the way the SuperBowl Performance & Oprah interview impacted in early '93...

All in all, i just say:
MJ would be alive & well today, if he'd never known the chandlers. That's what drives me crazy to this day & ever since 06/25/09. They (and all who came after them) destroyed the man & ripped him off his career & subsequently off his LIFE.
It's one of the worlds greatest injustices done to a human being & it can never be amended.

Last edited:
If his car broke down ^ that is just the ice breaker.. I really believe he would be alive today if that never happened.. and the second case would not have happened either.. like you said History album would not exhist in that form, the entire musical experience we would have had would have been different..

Invincible album could have been titled differently with different songs and release at a different time..different promotion.. another album after that too. ahhhh just to imagine..

Me too, he should have bought a reliable Japanese van, rather than some American crap that broke down. I think the Charmintzes (Real name) should have stayed away. But the rot had started when MJ started going to Arnold Klein in 1984 and was becoming advised to do plastic surgery and take painkillers which they could get easily.

I can't understand why Michael would not have forced a staff member to take care of it and get a taxi back to where he was going and with Michael money, just buy another van/car/bus, instead of going to a garage in person.

That breakdown was a disaster alright.

Last edited:
If his car broke down ^ that is just the ice breaker.. I really believe he would be alive today if that never happened.. and the second case would not have happened either.. like you said History album would not exhist in that form, the entire musical experience we would have had would have been different..

Invincible album could have been titled differently with different songs and release at a different time..different promotion.. another album after that too. ahhhh just to imagine..
I agree. and he would not have been in those kind of marriages either (sorry but when you are hurt, it will make you do some things you would not do before so quickly) and would have gotten the right woman. And he would have toured the United States. In early 1993,everything was going great until this Chandler nonsense happen.

Even with the car breaking down, MJ should have left it at "how are you" and kept it moving. tear up the phone number. He should have never called these people or allowed them to stay in his home or traveled with him. That was how they were able to get him. I am not famous but I do not let everyone come to my home. That is really the key.

He would still be here :( and none of this crazy sh*t would be happening right now.

Well he had this Anne Frank view of the world that everyone was good at heart, especially children. Unfortunately he found out that wasn't always the case....and found out the hard way :( Also a lot of people sometimes only showed their good side to get into his good graces and his life. When he found out their real intentions/agendas things got really nasty, and as a result they either bad mouthed him in the press, sued him or made false allegations that could have cost him his freedom. In the end it put him in an early grave, and some of these opportunists are still at it 7 years on. That is the reality of the situation.

Last edited:
Well he had this Anne Frank view of the world that everyone was good at heart, especially children. Unfortunately he found out that wasn't always the case....and found out the hard way :( Also a lot of people sometimes only showed their good side to get into his good graces and his life. When he found out their real intentions/agendas things got really nasty, and as a result they either bad mouthed him in the press, sued him or made false allegations that could have cost him his freedom. In the end it put him in an early grave, and some of these opportunists are still at it 7 years on. That is the reality of the situation.
I wish MJ had my ability to put up people's vibe and spirit. Really a lot of us have this sense but some people avoid that 'voice" because they do not want to hurt no one's feelings. Mj tried to be nice, could not say no to people, etc.

I wish MJ had my ability to put up people's vibe and spirit. Really a lot of us have this sense but some people avoid that 'voice" because they do not want to hurt no one's feelings. Mj tried to be nice, could not say no to people, etc.

Yuuuuuup develop a better bullishit detector, like I said a lot of these people were like wolves in sheep's clothing.....hard to detect at times until it was too late etc.

Mj had no B.S detector as he was never allowed to have the normal friendship/relationships that we all have as kids/teenagers and into adulthood that give us experiences

Mj had no B.S detector as he was never allowed to have the normal friendship/relationships that we all have as kids/teenagers and into adulthood that give us experiences
Absolutely!! And besides by then, he already had established a great relationship with the Cascio family on the East Coast. Practically adopted them and vice versa. Why would he think the Chandlers would be different?

Absolutely!! And besides by then, he already had established a great relationship with the Cascio family on the East Coast. Practically adopted them and vice versa. Why would he think the Chandlers would be different?

Yuuuuuuuuup and we know how that turned out :no:

Sorry but I do not buy this. Even people who have normal friendships/relationship can let their guard down. I bet MJ had these "vibes" but he did not want to feel like he was being rude. MJ grew up in a "cut throat" business which is showbiz. Even look at Garvin and his family, MJ knew enuf to have them on tape to show their lies.

terrell;4159606 said:
Sorry but I do not buy this. Even people who have normal friendships/relationship can let their guard down. I bet MJ had these "vibes" but he did not want to feel like he was being rude. MJ grew up in a "cut throat" business which is showbiz. Even look at Garvin and his family, MJ knew enuf to have them on tape to show their lies.

Yuuuuuuuuuup or at least got better advice to handle these situations. I like this quote from Karen Faye (I don't agree with everything she says, but she is right on the money here).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">But I don't get it, Karen. Why??? <a href="https://twitter.com/wingheart">@wingheart</a>: I think every one would agree, MJ made alliances that were damaging to him, business, finan...</p>&mdash; ~***** Smacko~ (@Happy__Inside) <a href="https://twitter.com/Happy__Inside/status/761639967722397696">August 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It was a combination of Michael being trusting and many were out to deceive him for personal gains. <a href="https://t.co/5zwq8T4hhH">https://t.co/5zwq8T4hhH</a></p>&mdash; Karen Faye (@wingheart) <a href="https://twitter.com/wingheart/status/761641864680222720">August 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Back