The Dance Appreciation Thread.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
Michael is the best, and most versatile dancer the world has ever seen.:bugeyed
Sure throughout HIStory you've had other dancers that are good, but those dancers almost all specialized in one or two types of dance, and weren't all around entertainers, so of course they'd be good.:yes:

Michael is the best because he MORE then mastered so many diffrent dances (while being an all around entertainer), and always wanted to learn more.:yes:

This thread was made to discuss, and post videos of Michael's amazing dancing.:D
Additionally, yes rehearsal videos are allowed.:)

Re: The dance appreciation thread.

Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to post any videos as I I'm using my phone and it would be difficult, but I think one of his most complicated and complex dance is the Dangerous choreography. I'm learning it atm and it took me 3 weeks to learn half of it. It's amazing. 2 Bad also! I will learn it after this one. Also worth mentioning Billie Jean (of course), Remember The Time, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Jam, Blood On The Dance Floor.

Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to post any videos as I I'm using my phone and it would be difficult, but I think one of his most complicated and complex dance is the Dangerous choreography. I'm learning it atm and it took me 3 weeks to learn half of it. It's amazing. 2 Bad also! I will learn it after this one. Also worth mentioning Billie Jean (of course), Remember The Time, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Jam, Blood On The Dance Floor.

He learned SO much intricate choreography, and not once could you catch him doing the eight count.
After awhile I'm not sure if he thought about his moves at all.
He was such a natural, and powerful dancer.:D

Michael is the best, and most versatile dancer the world has ever seen.:bugeyed

This thread was made to discuss, and post videos of Michael's amazing dancing.:D

This video shows his (amazing) dance moves.

It is an official one that was aired also during his MSG Anniversary shows (2001):

Last edited:

This video shows his (amazing) dance moves.

It is an official one that was aired also during his MSG Anniversary shows (2001):

That's a great little video, but that was official? Motown 25 wasn't in 82 and BAD wasn't released in 88. Odd to get the dates wrong.

That's a great little video, but that was official? Motown 25 wasn't in 82 and BAD wasn't released in 88. Odd to get the dates wrong.

Michael and dates :doh: lol

I mean it is not a fan-made one.

This video was officially broadcast on TV around that time (2001) as a part of the general promoting policy.

Of course, you are right about the wrong dates & it strikes me as odd, too.

I agree, no one could dance like Michael. Dance was his soul, when the music and the energy took him, magic emerged.
The moonwalk, the robot, the smooth criminal lean. All incredible.

One of my favourites on Youtube, not mine, but you get all the early dancing here and MJ is spinning around the others and dancing up a storm in these 1974 - 1981 era tracks to one of the very best songs off Triumph.

He was slaying at such a young age.:bugeyed

I mean it is not a fan-made one.

This video was officially broadcast on TV around that time (2001) as a part of the general promoting policy.

Of course, you are right about the wrong dates & it strikes me as odd, too.
Michael had a very bad memory, especially when it comes to dates. there's nothing odd about it :)

Michael had a very bad memory, especially when it comes to dates. there's nothing odd about it :)

Lol. He had a terrible memory with dates. I was always "correcting him" thru the tv screen. Just shows he had a busy life though. The busier you are, the least likely you are to remember dates.

What's odd is there was no producer or fact checker to catch it. Of course, they got his birthdate wrong on American Dream, and that was a huge production.

Lol. He had a terrible memory with dates. I was always "correcting him" thru the tv screen. Just shows he had a busy life though. The busier you are, the least likely you are to remember dates.

What's odd is there was no producer or fact checker to catch it. Of course, they got his birthdate wrong on American Dream, and that was a huge production.
they probably assumed he knew the dates, and there was no need to check it :lol:

I really like the end dance of Billie Jean in this concert:

Around 6:35.

Sooooooo many great videos have been posted, but then again what video of MJ dancing isn't amazing.

Anywho, here's another contribution of my own.

To me the panther dance is revolutionary! Think about it, the raw energy, the speed, the footwork. That was the first time that I really said "Wow Mj's dancing has really evolved"

Michaels Lover;4141893 said:

You should not forget that behind such videos, most of the time there is a whole production team that takes cares of them.

So, when it comes to the production of such videos, being relied solely on the singer’s ability (MJ in this case) to remember or not specific dates of his/her career is both odd & naive!

barbee0715;4141894 said:

For me, such mistakes are inexcusable, irrespective of the production level.

Last edited:

To me the panther dance is revolutionary! Think about it, the raw energy, the speed, the footwork. That was the first time that I really said "Wow Mj's dancing has really evolved"
... and nobody missed any music. As the Panther, he is the dance and the music.

Michael was magic. Michael is mythical. Michael forever the man.

Michael Jackson was undoubtedly the best dancer that I have laid eyes on. He can do any dance move he wanted. He can be sexy and sophisticated when dancing. His moves were pure magic in itself. I loved it when he danced.

This video starts off pretty slow with 10 second clips, but the alst 3 are amazing, the last 1, is the most brilliant dancing ever. Non stop energy and a sideways moonwalk.

Scroll to 4.40 of you just want to see #1

mj_frenzy;4141969 said:
You should not forget that behind such videos, most of the time there is a whole production team that takes cares of them.

So, when it comes to the production of such videos, being relied solely on the singer’s ability (MJ in this case) to remember or not specific dates of his/her career is both odd & naive!

For me, such mistakes are inexcusable, irrespective of the production level.
I don't know, but I can't find any other explanation? in the Private Home Movies, he/they got practically every date wrong. no one corrected it, that's odd as well
and in the Mexico deposition, he couldn't even remember what album came out when (of his own). not even the solo adult ones like OTW and Thriller. at that time, he only had 4 solo adult albums. so it's not like that's a lot to remember. and he says several times "I'm bad with dates". so it's not like he couldn't remember a few dates here and there of something minor. his memory SUCKED BIG TIME

I don't know, but I can't find any other explanation? in the Private Home Movies, he/they got practically every date wrong. no one corrected it, that's odd as well
and in the Mexico deposition, he couldn't even remember what album came out when (of his own). not even the solo adult ones like OTW and Thriller. at that time, he only had 4 solo adult albums. so it's not like that's a lot to remember. and he says several times "I'm bad with dates". so it's not like he couldn't remember a few dates here and there of something minor. his memory SUCKED BIG TIME

Let me say this to you: The fact that MJ was very bad with dates does not necessarily serve as an explanation (or even as the only one) for all those mistakes in videos that officially aired.

Generally, I find it hard to believe that such texts do not undergo proofreading before airplay, & to me this is really odd!

As regards the Mexico deposition, this is a completely different thing because MJ apparently was heavily sedated & could barely talk, let alone remember certain dates.

But, I think this thread has to return back on topic.

A vid to get the thread back on track.:)

I love the high energy of Jam.
It's the a perfect concert opener.
I also really like the bandoliers he's wearing, and the the overall outfit because it's very flashy and royal (but what wasn't flashy and royal about him).
Michael is the most iconic entertainer ever, from his hair/jheri curl down to his loafers and socks.:)

Last edited:
Back