I Am a Fan, But... (What Makes You Heretic Among Other Fans?)

FullLipsDotNose

Proud Member
1. I love Girlfriend. It's the best song on OTW.
2. Smooth Criminal is the weakest track on Bad.
3. I was Janet's fan two years earlier than Michael's.
4. Invincible > OTW
5. Michael looked much better with short hair.

The Lost Children is one of the best songs on Invincible
Just Good Friends is a freaking brilliant song
Gah yes yes yes! Just Good Friends is hysterically underrated! A powerful vocal dueling between Stevie & Michael ...

I never liked when Michael used his whispering tiny speaking voice.

I love the message of Heal the World but not the song.

I don't like some of his make up choices (aka Karen Faye). Like the red lip stick or the pancake make up he occasionally wore.

The Lost Children is one of the best songs on Invincible
Just Good Friends is a freaking brilliant song

Totally agree. I'm surprised it wasn't released as a single.

This thread is going to be a mess.
Many battles will be fought, many unpopular opinions will be expressed, and many fees fees will be hurt.

16ZmZSmOTSgrS.gif

Nonetheless, I hope this thread stays on track so everyone can express their off the wall opinions. :)

In all seriousness... hmm...

-While I enjoy watching it, I don't think Moonwalker was that great of a film. I'd give it a like, 3/5 stars max and a solid star or two would be from the absolutely incredible music videos in it.
-I don't like the soft speaking voice at the beginning of the original version of IJCSLY and I'm really glad they cut it out for future reissues.
-I think You Rock My World, while a good music video that I've watched countless times, was nothing new and essentially a rehash of what he did in the past.
-TBH I never really listen to Jackson 5. I do have my own version of "The Definitive Collection" for Motown MJ in my iTunes Library and that's good enough for me. Somewhat similar story with his Jacksons material, but I could name like 7-8 songs of theirs I really love so yeah.
-The outtakes for Invincible were better than many of the final songs that made it.
-In saying that, 2000 Watts really isn't that bad of a song. I like it!
-While I've come to accept that the vocals are almost certainly not MJ's, Breaking News is catchy as shit.
-I actually like some of the BOTDF remixes haha. Oh and the remixes on Bad 25 are allgood (except Pitbull's one).
-I prefer Girlfriend over Off the Wall.
-People find TGIM with Macca really cheesy but Idc I love it so much!

Last edited:
1) I can't let her get away, just good friends and (I can't make it) another day is among my favourite tracks
2) I very rarely listen to the thriller album, but often hear the victory LP
3) I find Randy much more atracktive than Michael during the Jacksons era
4) I've never understood why people point fingers at Lisa Marie, I like her and her music too

But Estate doesn't represents Michael Jackson legacy.

I don't like Butterflies
Girlfriend is not the worst song on Off The Wall. I think it's Burn This Disco Out
Can't Let Her Get Away is awesome
I'm not a huge fan of MJ's Motown solo albums. I do love some songs like Rockin Robin, One Day In Your Life and Music And Me

The Smooth Criminal hate in here is making me nauseous!

Mine:

HIStory is so much better written than any other MJ album.

The Smooth Criminal video is better than Thriller.

I don't really care for Remember The Time, especially the video. Jam is miles better.

Dangerous and Invincible have no Grammys, the rest of Michael's solo albums with Sony do. That's wholly accurate in terms of MJ's albums' quality.

The Smooth Criminal hate in here is making me nauseous!

The Smooth Criminal video is better than Thriller.

I don't really care for Remember The Time, especially the video. Jam is miles better.

I agree with all of these, especially the Smooth Criminal video being better than Thriller. To me, Smooth Criminal is the greatest video ever made

Some serious blasphemy going on in this thread, but this might have shocked me the most:
Michael looked much better with short hair.
LOL :p

In all seriousness... hmm...

-While I enjoy watching it, I don't think Moonwalker was that great of a film. I'd give it a like, 3/5 stars max and a solid star or two would be from the absolutely incredible music videos in it.
-I think You Rock My World, while a good music video that I've watched countless times, was nothing new and essentially a rehash of what he did in the past.
-The outtakes for Invincible were better than many of the final songs that made it.
-In saying that, 2000 Watts really isn't that bad of a song. I like it!
-People find TGIM with Macca really cheesy but Idc I love it so much!

I agree with these points.. especially about TGIM, I don't care if it's cheesy, I freaking love that song!

-TBH I never really listen to Jackson 5. I do have my own version of "The Definitive Collection" for Motown MJ in my iTunes Library and that's good enough for me.
it's the other way around. a lot of fans don't care about or like J5 era and choose to ignore it. and some don't even want to acknowledge it, and they just completely block it out, when talking about his career/life/music/albums/whatever

I don't listen to J5 stuff that much either. At that time, Michael was singing someone else's songs, there was no creative input from him. It's the elast interesting era of his life for me.

I don't listen to J5 stuff that much either. At that time, Michael was singing someone else's songs, there was no creative input from him. It's the elast interesting era of his life for me.
yeah, but the songs are good :D I like the songs he sang that were other people's songs as an adult. also, what I am a fan of first of all, is his talent. and we all know he was born with the rare talent that he had. and the way he displayed it from the very young age that he was, is something so incredibly unique. and after all, it IS a part of his career, and I choose to embrace his whole career, and not just some of it, and certainly do not ignore any of it. it is what it is. he was talented his whole life, and it came out in soooo many ways, both as a child and as an adult. I appreciate ALL of it. only speaking for myself here

The fact I am big fan of Michael Jackson, but that I am a bigger fan of Prince, and my Prince obsession seems to dominate many of my posts on the site. I can't help, I have purple kool aid flowing through my veins. It's like MJ meets the New Power Generation with me!

What else, sticking with Michael.

1. I really like Invincible and Michael
2. I do not mind the fake tracks on Michael, Cascio does a decent impersonation.
3. There is no filler on Thriller, but I am sick of listening to it.
4. I think the Jacksons other than Michael and Janet are ignored and completely underrated. They have awesome talents of their own.
5. Marlon was the Jackson closest to Michael, look at all the publicity photos (Michael is always next to Marlon or leaning on him, Marlon was closest in age and probably the friendliest with Michael, he was easily the most affected at the funeral "Maybe now they will leave you alone")

Back