Speed Demon appreciation

analogue

Proud Member
Love this song. MJ's gritty vocals, the falsetto vocals during the bridge, the horns, the guitar. It's awesome.

And I think this song was inspired by the time MJ was pulled over by a racist cop. The line ''Pull over boy, and get your ticket right'' suggests that

Love this song. MJ's gritty vocals, the falsetto vocals during the bridge, the horns, the guitar. It's awesome.

And I think this song was inspired by the time MJ was pulled over by a racist cop. The line ''Pull over boy, and get your ticket right'' suggests that

Yassss, I love Speed Demon. :D
I love the part where he dances with the bunny.
MJ's creativity was in overdrive when he made Speed Demon.

It's insulting some fans consider Speed Demon a weak track or JGF better over such song. Speed Demon screams creativity and innovation ad well as its short film.

"Speed Demon, You're The
Very Same One
Who Said The Future's In
Your Hands
The Life You Save Could Be
Your Own
You're Preachin' 'Bout My
Life Like You're The Law
Gonna Live Each Day And
Hour Like
For Me There's No Tomorrow"

I have always LOVED this song ever since I first heard it when I was 10. Never understood why it is so underrated in the fandom.

It was far too idiosyncratic for most people to get it. It went way over most people's head.

The vocal tics in the intro, the engine sounds, the gritty verses, the falsetto in the bridge, and that sax towards the coda was too avant-garde for most.

This was MJ's creativity in all it's entirety.

I love Speed Demon, especially the short film. I've always looked at it as 'that short film/song from Moonwalker' though, which is why I don't listen to it much when listening to BAD.

Like Another Part Of Me and Liberian Girl, it's a song that shouldn't be as good as it is, but somehow has that MJ Magic.

I'd implore anyone who hasn't listened to it for years to rediscover it.

I have always loved it. Even had a 'Speed Demon' license plate on the front of my 1989 Chevy Cavalier car for awhile. :D

Why ? Tell em that it's human nature..

Sorry couldn't resist. I love Speed Demon, the lyrics, the feeling of adrenaline I get when I listen to it, those gritty vocals and that amazing bridge.
If this is supposedly a Michael Jackson filler, then that shows you the unbelievable quality of his "greater" works. This song is so creative

Because I love the song and maybe I drive above the speed limit on occasion....and I love the song. Did I mention that I love the song? :D

Sorry, barbee, no picture. :no: It was black with red letters.

Because I love the song and maybe I drive above the speed limit on occasion....and I love the song. Did I mention that I love the song? :D

Sorry, barbee, no picture. :no: It was black with red letters.

28191623.jpg

Why ? Tell em that it's human nature..

Sorry couldn't resist. I love Speed Demon, the lyrics, the feeling of adrenaline I get when I listen to it, those gritty vocals and that amazing bridge.
If this is supposedly a Michael Jackson filler, then that shows you the unbelievable quality of his "greater" works. This song is so creative

The question was actually directed to Tony R, but thanks.

I love Speed Demon. One of my favorite short films. My friend's 8 year old sister absolutely adores the short film, especially when him & Spike do a dance battle.

I kinda wish he performed it once live. It would've been fun to see. I could totally see him having one of his backup dancers be in the Spike/rabbit costume with the head & all doing a 'dance battle'. He should've added that to This Is It. Maybe not a high-quality/detailed as the actual head in case it falls off, of course. It'd be ala the wolf mask for Thriller but obviously not the same context.

I've always loved speed demon. It's one of Michael's most underrated tracks. I love the way Michael sings the bridge. I wish he had performed this song live on some occasion.

Adore it.

If not only for the rhythm/percussion it's for that delicious extended outro where Michael's voice curls and soars in a duet with a big old slice of brass. It's one I love to turn up in the car and lower the windows.

Adore it.

If not only for the rhythm/percussion it's for that delicious extended outro where Michael's voice curls and soars in a duet with a big old slice of brass. It's one I love to turn up in the car and lower the windows.

Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Another Part Of Me

These three are amongst the lesser known songs on Bad but amongst the best. Also, they qute simply shouldn't be as good as they are.

Compared to MJ's best & most complex works (WII, Jam, WYBT, SMooth Criminal, DSTYGE, Billie Jean, TDCAU), these seem relatively simple, pop songs. But MJs genius was that we coud take these to the next level & somehow they become greater than the sum of their parts.

This is why I think his albums were so gret & popular, even the 'filler' songs were on the next level.

Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Another Part Of Me

These three are amongst the lesser known songs on Bad but amongst the best. Also, they qute simply shouldn't be as good as they are.

Compared to MJ's best & most complex works (WII, Jam, WYBT, SMooth Criminal, DSTYGE, Billie Jean, TDCAU), these seem relatively simple, pop songs. But MJs genius was that we coud take these to the next level & somehow they become greater than the sum of their parts.

This is why I think his albums were so gret & popular, even the 'filler' songs were on the next level.

In all honesty Liberian Girl is my favorite track from Bad. It's just otherworldly. But yes, I love Speed Demon. I really want to hear his demo for this one, imagine hearing him doing all the percussive instruments with his mouth, beatboxing and stuff. That baseline is so FUUNKY! Seriously, it's insane.

[youtube]84DNAHnILyY[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back