Iconic artist PRINCE passes away at age 57

KOPV

Proud Member
I say this with a saddened heart....

It has been reported that The Iconic artist Prince has passed away at age 57.

Last edited:
Re: The Singer PRINCE died????

CNN is reporting a death at Prince's estate. The identity of the deceased has not yet been confirmed afaik.

TMZ is reporting it Prince death and CNN is reporting that there was a death at the estate but not releasing who.. If they are keeping it 'private' though I can't imagine it being anyone else..

This is absolutely horrible!!!

OMG God bless his soul. May he rest in peace. I so did not see this coming. I love you Prince.

R.I.P. Prince

music-billboard-awards.jpg

[SIZE=+2]R.I.P. Prince[/SIZE]

Prince, the superstar singer-songwriter known for his incredible musicianship and a cavalcade of award-winning hits, has died at the age of 57, according to a publicist.

Authorities in Chanhassen, Minnesota, responded to a medical emergency call from Prince's famed home recording studio Paisley Park on Thursday morning.

The crime lab and medical examiner were also called to the scene.

Born Prince Rogers Nelson on June 7, 1958, in Minneapolis, the Grammy-winning artist was known for such hits as Purple Rain, Kiss, Little Red Corvette, The Beautiful Ones, Raspberry Beret, If I Was Your Girlfriend, Diamonds and Pearls and The Most Beautiful Girl in the World.

Source: CBC.ca

If any reason there's already a thread about Prince, please do so delete it or move it.

Last edited:

what the hell is going on?? this is a complete shock..RIP

May your soul be blessed, rest easy Prince!

It's awful, also still so young! Not much older than our beloved Michael!

Wow! Thats a shock So many deaths this year (especially in the uk). Never really a fan but he was a part of the trio of mj,madonna,prince. Superstars all born within months of each other. Brings back horrible memories.

Apparently he's been ill for a while. He had to make an emergency landing to go to the hospital a few days ago. I've read that he was battling pneumonia or the flu but I don't want to speculate about the cause of death too much. This is truly sad, another icon taken from us :(

Last edited:

this morning I was on the "wo Chyna died" coming from a person that grew up on wrestling that was kind of a moment... THAN THIS news came out and it took it from "wo" to absolutely depressing feeling..

this morning I was on the "wo Chyna died" coming from a person that grew up on wrestling that was kind of a moment... THAN THIS news came out and it took it from "wo" to absolutely depressing feeling..

Same here. First Chyna dies and then this on the same day. I'm not a big Prince fan but this is shocking news. I didn't know he was even ill.

He was my second favourite artist after Michael, I listen to him a lot and this came as a shock. He looked so healthy, I think he was on tour last year so what happened? I heard about the flu scare about a week ago, but I never thought it was this serious. Damn.

Rest in peace.

Terrible, biggest loss since MJ.

Loved him

Same here. First Chyna dies and then this on the same day. I'm not a big Prince fan but this is shocking news. I didn't know he was even ill.

I felt the same way, first Chyna and now this?? I'm not a fan either, but it's still a big shock

Prince has died at age 57

By Russell Brandom on April 21, 2016 12:59 pm

ngbbs4f0d284a253f7.jpg

Share on Facebook (1,970) Tweet Share (32) Pin (2)
The musician known to the world as Prince has died, according to multiple sources. Prince's body was discovered this morning in his Paisley Park home. He was 57 years old.

One of the most influential musicians in pop, Prince produced 39 studio albums over the span of his decades-long career, selling more than 100 million copies and influencing countless genres. He enjoyed a recent revival with his Art Official Age album in 2014, and was at work on a memoir, tentatively titled Beautiful Ones.

This past Friday, Prince's private plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Illinois, reportedly because Prince had the flu. The following Saturday he invited fans to his home in Minnesota for a dance party, during which Prince showed off his new purple piano. ""Wait a few days before you waste any prayers," he said, according to the Star Tribune.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/21/11480332/prince-has-died-tmz-reports

I am a big Prince fan and at work I am with a super big fan that is fairly distraught... It gives me flashbacks to 2009!

I'm a big fan. Crushed! RIP Prince.

He was my second favourite artist after Michael, I listen to him a lot and this came as a shock. He looked so healthy, I think he was on tour last year so what happened? I heard about the flu scare about a week ago, but I never thought it was this serious. Damn.

Rest in peace.
He was on tour right now. there could be more to it, he was writing his memoirs and he was rushed to hospital with flu which I saw some people think was a bit strange. They say flu is a buzz word for something else in Hollywood, I'm not saying he had something else but just what I saw some fans disscussing last week.

I'm in tears right now.........complete genius, absolute showman.

He was on tour right now. there could be more to it, he was writing his memoirs and he was rushed to hospital with flu which I saw some people think was a bit strange. They say flu is a buzz word for something else in Hollywood, I'm not saying he had something else but just what I saw some fans disscussing last week.

When did he have his last concert before this?

This is truly shocking news to me and the world!!.... I grew up with Prince music throughout my household back in the 90's and up, so I have nothing but respect for Prince. I've had so many good times & memories to his music; didn't see this loss coming at all. This is very shocking to me considering how healthy he looked, he looked good for his age. I know Vanity from Vanity 6 passed away in February, Chyna from the "WWF" attitude era Wednesday. The passing of Chyna brung back so many childhood memories of the good ol' days of attitude era/wrestling and now Prince.... R.I.P. Prince & Chyna!

Please if there are any beautiful things aired on television that anyone catches and/or rare/unique things shown anywhere.. share them!

It was last week, right here in my hometown Atlanta, he performed his last concert. Then, he went to the hospital, discharged, and made an emergency landing, and was hospitalized again. He tweeted everything was fine and then, BAM! I am devastated.

BY JODI GUGLIELMI AND LINDSAY KIMBLE 04/21/2016 AT 02:15 PM EDT

'Purple Rain' Was His Final Song: How Tearful Prince Gave Emotional Last Concert Days Before His Death

They witnessed history – and didn't even know it.

Prince, who died at 57 on Thursday, performed his final show at Atlanta's Fox Theatre just one week ago.

The star took to the stage last Thursday after postponing two of his Piano & a Microphone tour shows in Atlanta the week before due to the flu. He sang in front of a crowded audience that included singers Judith Hill and Janelle Monáe. The experience was incredible, according to audience member Celeste Headlee, and, now, even more poignant.

"He started the concert with an apology. He said he was sorry for canceling the week before. But he gave an incredible performance with at least four encores," Headlee tells PEOPLE. "There was a tiny bit of gravel in his voice from time to time, but that was the only indication that he'd felt ill the week before."

There is a short video of Prince singing his last song Purple Rain

http://www.people.com/article/prince-final-concert-before-death

Last edited:
Back