Rod Stewart

Bad7

Proud Member
One of my favourite artists of all time. In my top ten without doubt.

I prefer his solo version of Ooh La La to The Faces version.

Aretha Franklin, Elton John, Smokey Robinson, Rod Stewart - Chain Of Fools (1993)

Rod & Aretha - This Old Heart Of Mine

by Martin Kielty | October 11, 2019 | Ultimate Classic Rock
stewart.jpg

Rod Stewart endured a second cancer scare after being diagnosed with an “aggressive” form of the illness, his wife Penny Lancaster revealed.

The 74-year-old singer said last month that he was cleared after two years of treatment for prostate cancer.

Lancaster, a co-host on the British TV show Loose Women, explained on air that doctors were concerned that the illness had spread. “It came on really quickly," she said. "With Rod, it was an aggressive one. It left the gland and traveled to the outside tissues. So that was another scary moment where we had to have more invasive tests and scans to see if it was anywhere else secondary in his body.”

She described that phase of treatment as “the most frightening test of all,” but that the cancer hadn’t spread.

Stewart appeared in a pre-recorded clip to confirm he was clear of cancer. “Guys, please, get down to the doctors and get tested," he urged. "It’s a rotten disease.” He said the initial test was "finger up the bum, no harm done.”

He first revealed his health battle at a fundraising event alongside former Faces bandmate Ronnie Wood, who has also fought cancer. “Somebody up there likes us, Rod,” Wood told him.

Prostate cancer affects one in eight men, with increased risk between the ages of 50 and 70. It shows no symptoms in its early stages but is most easily treatable at that point, which is why those at risk are urged to undergo the test.

One of my favorite artists too. I went to see him a couple of times in London in the mid 80s.

One of his best songs. a hit single in 1974, but not as well known as all the famous ones

Back