A NEW MJ Hologram Is Arriving!

Dan

Proud Member
On May 5, an announcement came from Executive Chairman of Pulse Evolution Corporation at the Canadian Music Week that the company is working on a new virtual Michael Jackson which is looking much more realistic than their version from the 2014 Billboard Music Awards!

Canadian Music Week welcomed keynote speaker John Textor, Executive Chairman of Pulse Evolution Corporation (PLFX), pioneer and leading developer of hyper-realistic digital humans for holographic live performances, virtual reality, augmented reality and artificial intelligence, as part of this year’s Digital Media Summit on Thursday, May 5. Widely credited as the pioneer of the new industry of Holographic Entertainment, he is responsible for the 2012 appearance of Virtual Tupac Shakur at the Coachella Valley Music Festival and the 2014 performance of Virtual Michael Jackson at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, the latter generating more than 35 million YouTube views and 98 billion Internet impressions worldwide. In 2015, PLFX’s new hologram music industry secured ‘pop culture status’ as Textor and his partner Frank Patterson were parodied in the ‘Hologram episodes’ of the globally successful animated sitcom, South Park.

Currently, Textor is active in the development of entertainment properties across a broad spectrum of venues and technology platforms. In addition to his leadership in the extended uses of photo-realistic, digital humans, he is also currently a Producer of Art Story, an original animated feature film currently being developed by Disney veteran filmmaker Aaron Blaise, as well as Producer and Executive Producer of Ender’s Game, a science fiction fantasy film released in November 2013.

The 30 minutes talk happened at the Digital Media Summit in Toronto, Ontario, at 2:30 p.m. on May 5, 2016.The Digital Media Summit is Canada’s premier social media and interactive marketing conference. It is presented in conjunction with Canadian Music Week in Toronto and features thought leaders in the digital and social media space. Textor featured in a keynote interview entitled “Master of Surreality.” The interviewer was Ted Cohen, managing partner of TAG Strategic and a former Sony Music executive.
In March, 2016, Pulse Evolution announced a landmark partnership with Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment. Pulse and Fuller — the British impresario who created the American Idol franchise and has worked with the Spice Girls, Amy Winehouse, Annie Lennox, and David and Victoria Beckham — aim to combine the highest quality visual imagery, including hyper-realistic digital humans, with the most advanced and rapidly evolving display technologies to create immersive content for stage, virtual reality, augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
Earlier this year, Pulse Evolution received investments from China’s Original Force Computer Animation Co. Ltd. and Shanghai U9 Game Co. Ltd., both of which are portfolio investments of Tencent Holding Limited, a $200 billion global conglomerate.

Source: Sean Guedes

Re: It's Official! A NEW MJ Is Arriving!

Ugh.. not this again.

That's a good news for Earnest Valentino xD

That still looks horrible though, and this is coming from someone who likes the idea of a MJ hologram.
If they can't do it right, they needn't do it at all.

After seeing Tupac's hologram there's no way that they can't make one that actually looks like MJ.
They just aren't trying. :no:

The title is so funny:)

I rather have the old one:scratch:

[/I][/FONT]
13140521_10153846368934213_1883054966_n.jpg

That is quite good if I may say so. Eyes are different and bottom lip is a bit fuller but all the same it looks alright to me.

I ithink the hologram should be of Michael now that imo. it looks alittle better.

Eyes are not to bad but it looks much better then the one at the Billboard Awards i must say.

The more important question is: will it dance like Michael Jackson or like someone dancing like Michael Jackson?

Yes it could be better i agree with you on that. What do you think about one of Michael now?

The more important question is: will it dance like Michael Jackson or like someone dancing like Michael Jackson?

Now that a good question. They need to get footage of Michael dancing no impersontor.

I hope it will at least look like Michael this time. Most likely it will be stupid because they will use impersonator.

ok now they have the hologram look like a new gen video game (Xbox one, ps4)... IF they are going to do this can we wait until it's right? I mean I guess if it were on stage and no close ups.... I don't know, maybe!!

They def need new artists to be exact..

The "Billboard hologram" didn´t look and didn´t dance like Michael.
The person in the new picture doesn´t look like Michael, either.

Doesnt look like him. Technology wise why cant they just copy an actual photo of mj to create the hologram.

Doesnt look like him. Technology wise why cant they just copy an actual photo of mj to create the hologram.

Last night I watched a short part of Textor's talk (it's no longer available). In that he mentioned recording thousands of facial movements. So as far as I understand, they record movements and then using those they can get the hologram move the face any way they want. Given they can't do that with MJ, they might need to use a double and try to make that double like MJ. Obviously the limitation would be it wouldn't look and act exactly like MJ.

Last night I watched a short part of Textor's talk (it's no longer available). In that he mentioned recording thousands of facial movements. So as far as I understand, they record movements and then using those they can get the hologram move the face any way they want. Given they can't do that with MJ, they might need to use a double and try to make that double like MJ. Obviously the limitation would be it wouldn't look and act exactly like MJ.
That makes sense, but wouldn't they already have thousands of hours of film on Michael using every facial expression? From interviews to videos to tours to home movies-years and years of film already.

Pink Diamond Princess;4148259 said:
That's true, but it's still not good enough IMO.

Even if it´s "perfect", it is not good enough! I want Michael (if only on DVD), not a creepy hologram! I´m gonna get nightmares from this ... a NEW MJ going on tour, giving concerts,

... meeting fans???!!! :bugeyed

That makes sense, but wouldn't they already have thousands of hours of film on Michael using every facial expression? From interviews to videos to tours to home movies-years and years of film already.

I imagine they need a 3D scan.

What I watched was a periscope of the talk (partial), now it says it's no longer available. It showed a gray , clay like face - very much like the MJ mold faces - making face movements.

I'm assuming if they record all possible facial movements in 3d then they could get the hologram face to do any movement they want. I'm furthermore assuming they get someone else to do the movements and then they add a virtual MJ face on top of it.

--------

Chris Giles
?@chrisgiles87
"Hyper realism is the key... digital humans are going to be everywhere" - John Textor #VR #DMS2016

ChtzUnrXIAAsYsX.jpg

Ivy when you say someone else doing the movement do you mean a impersonator to do the movement?

Ivy when you say someone else doing the movement do you mean a impersonator to do the movement?

Like I said, it's just an assumption.

What I saw was like a face mold. Like the one below. It was moving the face muscles. I don't know if it was pure animation or if it had a real human (a double) doing the movements. Regardless which, as it isn't Michael, it won't look and move exactly like him.

MJ_white_Face_life_cast_sculptur.jpg

Last edited:
Back