Shana Mangatal is publishing a book on Michael's Birthday 2016

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
Just remember:
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...Secret-Longtime-Girlfriend?highlight=mangatal

Now this year comes a book:

http://www.shanamangatal.com/about.html

http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Me-Un...qid=1463401443&sr=8-1&keywords=shana+mangatal

As a member of Michael Jackson’s inner circle, Shana Mangatal witnessed firsthand his chart-topping hits, groundbreaking albums and subsequent world tours—as well as his scandals, lawsuits and addictions. She felt both the pleasure and the pain of being romantically involved with the most famous man in the world.

In Michael and Me: The Untold Story of Michael Jackson’s Secret Romance, Shana Mangatal finally publicizes her well-kept secret in a raw, honest and highly readable memoir. Sometimes strange, sometimes surprising, Michael and Me is the story that Jackson fans have been waiting for. Having kept a diary her whole life, Shana’s story is rich in detail and description.

With the utmost respect given to Michael’s legacy, Shana paints an intimate picture of the beloved, yet very misunderstood man throughout some of the best and worst periods of his life. Far from exploitative yet full of private, captivating moments, Shana’s memoir reveals the side of Michael people never knew.

​Release date: August 29th, 2016

Chicago Review Press

Hardcover- ​240 Pages

51PGlO6aKiL.jpg

CIX-1qYUYAAqM9Z.jpg

Shana Mangatal ‏@ImShanaMangatal 25. Juni 2015
#tbt At Neverland. Headed in to Michael's 45th bday party. Memories.. #MichaelJackson #RIPMichaelJackson

m935o5.jpg

Karen Faye ?@wingheart May14th
I never witnessed a relationship between them.
@wingheart have u heard about Shana's tell all book about her relationship w/ MJ, sharing her old diaries. Were they romantically involved?

Karen Faye
I wouldn't read it.Personally, I don't care. Did you notice that the women he really loved, don't write books?
@cloeprecious @wingheart yes but shes claiming in new book that they were romantically involved...

O-Bee Pics ?@OBee_Pics 13. Jan.
Omer hangout with Shana Mangatal in LA. (IG: shanamangatal)
CYlfT1UWwAAjlSM.jpg

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS....

nada ?@overloved
Here are other new books that were announced to be released
#MichaelJackson

CiiVpLzWUAEupeT.jpg

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS....

nada ?@overloved
Here are other new books that were announced to be released
#MichaelJackson

CiiVpLzWUAEupeT.jpg

Everyone wanna write a book loll

Everyone wants to be the author lollll

Everyone wanna give their spin on it lolll

But aint nobody telling the story that needs to be told

Everyone wanna write a book loll

Everyone wants to be the author lollll

Everyone wanna give their spin on it lolll

But aint nobody telling the story that needs to be told

Ahem, Ms Amisu is a literary scholar editing Michael Jackson Academic Studies. I think the book will be important cause there's no much serious research around the man atm.

I do not know if she is telling the truth or not. i wonder why she is release this now on Michael birthday?

Last edited:
Tbh, I love to read MJ fanfiction so I would read this book if I didn't have to pay for it. :/
Someone should volunteer as tribute and buy the book then post it on here.

She doesn't consider it "MJ fanfiction", she writes it as the "truth". We don't need to buy or read books just because they're not negative. Nothing about it is a tribute.

She doesn't consider it "MJ fanfiction", she writes it as the "truth". We don't need to buy or read books just because they're not negative. Nothing about it is a tribute.

I didn't call the book a tribute.:no:
Volunteer as tribute is a saying from the Hunger Games.

I also didn't say that we had to buy and read books about MJ just because they aren't negative. :/

I do think it's silly that she's selling fanfiction as reality though.:rofl:

Paris78;4149331 said:
In Michael and Me: The Untold Story of Michael Jackson’s Secret Romance, Shana Mangatal finally publicizes her well-kept secret in a raw, honest and highly readable memoir. Sometimes strange, sometimes surprising, Michael and Me is the story that Jackson fans have been waiting for.

Yeah... no. Just no.

I don't see anything wrong about her writing a book. Other "friends" have done so. Doesn't mean I will buy it or read it.

I also don't find it far fetched that she might have had something going with Michael. I certainly would have tried if I were working for Marty Singer.

Now, speaking of books though, I saw a little excerpt of Tatiana's book last week and cracked up. Talk about crazy and delusional from those few paragraphs alone.

Shana sounds like delusional groupie to me. Apparently she also claimed Paul Walker had a crush on her. When Paul Walker died she posted this on her FB:

When we were working together, Paul had a little crush on me. He was always so shy around me and whenever he saw me, he would just smile this huge, beautiful smile. When I found out he had a crush on me, I was too shy to go on a date with him I have been kicking myself for years, wishing I had gone. He was about 3 years younger than me.

All those celebrities having crushes on her left and right. LOL.

You know what? I hope her secret relationship with Michael was true. I wish Michael found real happiness in privacy.

hey we really don't know who Mike was gettin' booty from.. lol!

That bad to say but you could be right we really do not know. I wonder if Michael every found true love in his lifetime. Oh well that is something we will never know.

Last edited:
Alleged Michael Jackson lover tells all (Source: PageSix)

Shana Mangatal, who claims to have had a romantic relationship with Michael Jackson, has penned “Michael and Me: The Untold Story of Michael Jackson’s Secret Romance” about their alleged love.

“Their relationship was quiet and sweet and real — a closely guarded secret, known only to a few trusted employees and friends,” a press release states.

Mangatal, who’s an actress, first spoke of her relationship with Jackson more than 10 years ago on TV to defend him against molestation accusations.

In the book, she claims that “having Michael Jackson as my first love was not only a blessing, but a curse.”

The gloved one never confirmed a relationship, but she appeared in his video for “Ghost,” and they were pictured together on his tour.

I don't know if this is true or not. Props to Mj if it is true, she is very pretty.

Shana sounds like delusional groupie to me. Apparently she also claimed Paul Walker had a crush on her. When Paul Walker died she posted this on her FB:
All those celebrities having crushes on her left and right. LOL.

I'm not saying she is telling the truth but she is very pretty is it not farfetched at all that guys would have a crush on her
and as far as I know she only mentioned two celebrities. Given that she's been working in this industry for a while what makes you
think someone like Walker or MJ would not be attracted to her, out of all the celebs she had met? Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if
Simon Cowell had hit on her.

Her mother is backing her up regarding this whole thing, so is Gregg Mitchell who worked for MJJ Productions
now I see Shaq O'Neill being quoted supporting this whole notion that something was going on between the two.
Did Shaq indeed say that? I didn't even know he was involved in any MJ project.

So if all these quotes are real and all these people who knew MJ and Shana are lying then it's one
heckova conspiracy and what would be the motive of all these people?
I'm damn sure MJ liked to look at Shana a lot (she is the same type as those Brazilian chicks Pharrell saw with MJ)
whether it went beyond that is anyone's guess. It's strange that she can show only one picture.

Anyway, she was asked on Facebook whether she would be willing to testify against Robson if his case goes to trial
she said yes. She either lied and she would not or she is willing to commit perjury for MJ or she is telling the truth
and therefore would be not be afraid to be asked about her romance with MJ under oath.

I'm not saying she is telling the truth but she is very pretty is it not farfetched at all that guys would have a crush on her
and as far as I know she only mentioned two celebrities. Given that she's been working in this industry for a while what makes you
think someone like Walker or MJ would not be attracted to her, out of all the celebs she had met? Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if
Simon Cowell had hit on her.

Her mother is backing her up regarding this whole thing, so is Gregg Mitchell who worked for MJJ Productions
now I see Shaq O'Neill being quoted supporting this whole notion that something was going on between the two.
Did Shaq indeed say that? I didn't even know he was involved in any MJ project.

So if all these quotes are real and all these people who knew MJ and Shana are lying then it's one
I'm damn sure MJ liked to look at Shana a lot (she is the same type as those Brazilian chicks Pharrell saw with MJ)
whether it went beyond that is anyone's guess. It's strange that she can show only one picture.

The burden of proof is on Shana, not on me. I am open to accepting this claim as true, but anyone can claim anything and to me her story just doesn't sound realistic. If MJ was so in love with Shana why did he marry LMP, why didn't he marry Shana? Doesn't make sense.

Maybe MJ did flirt with her but he did flirt with many women, that doesn't mean it was anything serious.

I hope you realize this is the same kind of argument haters would make when they cite all those ex-emloyees in support of Chandler and others. People can have many motives to lie. Shana's mother? Are you kidding me? It's not surprising if she supports her daughter. As for the others, who knows? Maybe they know Shana and want to do her a favour. Or maybe they will just support her in saying MJ flirted with her. Again, it doesn't follow that then it must have been a true romance.

Anyway, she was asked on Facebook whether she would be willing to testify against Robson if his case goes to trial
she said yes. She either lied and she would not or she is willing to commit perjury for MJ or she is telling the truth
and therefore would be not be afraid to be asked about her romance with MJ under oath.

I definitely hope she would tell the truth. MJ does not need lies in order to defend him from child molestation allegations. Nor do we need made-up romances to defend him. We are not that desperate, are we?

respect77;4149889 said:
The burden of proof is on Shana, not on me.

Yes I too want solid proof before I make up my mind about this whole thing but regarding Paul Walker
she didn't say anything but that he had a little crush on her and she found out. That's totally realistic
given the fact that she is really good looking. Probably a lot of guys got the hots for her why wouldn't Paul Walker?
You sounded like it's utterly ridiculous for her to claim such a thing or that
she talked about all kinds of celebs having crush on her and she is deluded. She only mentioned two, as far as I know.

respect77;4149889 said:
I am open to accepting this claim as true, but anyone can claim anything and to me her story just doesn't sound realistic. If MJ was so in love with Shana why did he marry LMP, why didn't he marry Shana? Doesn't make sense.

A possible explanation is that MJ married Lisa in 1994 he knew Shana since 1988. He could have had a romance with her
between 1988-1993 but then something went wrong, they broke up he married Lisa, then they broke up
he could have gone back to Shana then broke up again. After all Lisa and MJ did that very routine for years after the divorce.
Why wouldn't he do it with other women? He said it was not easy to live with him and he was always on the move with that kind of life
having on and off relationships would be likely.
It's possible that MJ had a falling out with Shana before he even met Lisa or at some point in 1993 or 1994.

It's also possible she was the girl with the "long African name" whom Liza Minelli talked about. She said she turned him down
and he was devastated. Would explain why he married Lisa Marie instead.
I don't know whether Mangatal is an African name or not , though.

Also, one doesn't have to be crazy in love with someone to have a romance. MJ told Rabbi Schmuley that love for him
was something very pure and he was not into all the sex and craziness and he didn't understand why people do
vulgar things with their bodies so it's possible that MJ loved Shana without having intercourse with her, especially
since he was raised as a Jehova Witness he was not supposed to have sex outside of marriage, he said on the Glenda tape
"not until I get married" that was likely a reference to that.
Think about those Brazilian girls MJ was hanging out with and kissed one of them full on. What was that all about?
Maybe MJ just wanted to have some fun with hot chicks. Does not mean he was in love with them doesn't even mean
he had sex with them.

respect77;4149889 said:
I hope you realize this is the same kind of argument haters would make when they cite all those ex-emloyees in support of Chandler and others.

No it's not. Those ex-employees sued MJ, threatened to sue him, lied under oath, ran to tabloids and sold shit,
teamed up with Gutierrez. They hated MJ and enjoyed humiliating him. They felt powerful and got a kick out of it.
They had plenty of reason to lie and they are all proven liars.
I can't say the same about any of these people. Especially Shaq O'Neill ? Why would he lie?
These people do not want to destroy MJ's legacy like creeps like Adrian McManus or Blanca Francia. They are not similar.

respect77;4149889 said:
People can have many motives to lie.

Sure, when it comes to MJ people lie for the hell of it not just for money.
But what would make all of them lie about the same thing when they won't make any money with it
and they won't benefit in any way? And Gregg Mitchell in particular is very adamant that Shana is telling the truth.
Why would he do that? Just for Shana he would make a fool of himself repeatedly?

respect77;4149889 said:
Shana's mother? Are you kidding me? It's not surprising if she supports her daughter.

Just because someone is someone's mother does not mean that she publicly supports her kid while she
know she is a big fat liar. She could have just stayed silent about the whole issue if she knows she is lying.
If I had a kid I would not support her if I knew she is telling a big fat lie and wants to fool people just to make a quick buck.
And I'm sure my mother wouldn't support me if I tried to pull a scam like that, either.
BTW Shana's bother also supports her. The whole family is lying for nothing? They won't make millions with this thing
like the Robsons want to make milions with their lies.

respect77;4149889 said:
As for the others, who knows? Maybe they know Shana and want to do her a favour. Or maybe they will just support her in saying MJ flirted with her.

Well, this is way more than just flirting:

Michael and I had many private chats about Shana and it was clear he had deep feelings for her.
Shana knew a side of Michael that he kept closely guarded. I am so happy she is finally ready to tell her story."
—Scott “House” Shaffer
Personal Assistant to Michael Jackson
1991-1998

"Shana was there...and only she could tell this story, which shows a very different side of Michael Jackson the world has never seen-until now. Her eye-opening book provides a complex, nuanced portrayal of the pop icon that will surprise you - and change your mind."
Gregg Mitchell
Manager, Gallin-Morey Associates
​1991-1995

I was able to read a Sneak Peek of the book. REAL TALK: Even though the book is NOT a Tell-All, and it's totally respectful of MJ, I'm STILL blown away learning about MJ in a way that ..... put it this way: It was really cool to know how Mike was ALSO a 'regular dude' in some ways. REFRESHING TO LEARN!"
Darryll Phillips
Music Manager, Gallin Morey Associates
1996-1998

"Michael was being managed by Sandy Gallin. So, Sandy got ahold of me because Michael wanted to work with Boyz II Men. When I met Michael at Sandy’s office we became friends — he would call and tell me how gorgeous Shana was. He even once said to me, 'Shana is mine so when you go over to Sandy’s office don’t try anything...
They definitely had something going on...."
Qadree El-Amin

respect77;4149889 said:
Again, it doesn't follow that then it must have been a true romance.

No but I always ask when people say something about MJ: does this person have a reason to lie? How does he benefit?
And so far I just don't see how El-Amin or Phillips or Mitchell would benefit by being so blatant that Shana is telling the truth
about a "secret romance".

Anyway, what makes this whole thing even more mysterious is that on the Glenda tapes MJ was talking about a girl who was with him on the tour for while, who was a coordinator doing all kind of stuff including modelling and who cared about him. He said "she does a lot of stuff with the band" and Shana indeed hung out with the band I don't know what she was doing but
these photos show her with the band members:

band.jpg

She was also a model. So all those things would apply to Shana and MJ said "i was interested in this girl" then he says "I ruin my relationships" but this time around he won't. He clearly talked about a girl loving him, him knowing that she loved him and him wanting to have a real relationship and he was talking like he will try with this particular girl. He said "I'm gonna be with her".
But it sounds like he calls her Melissa so that certainly doesn't make things any clearer LOL
Anyway, if not true this would be an awful lot of coincidences don't you think?

respect77;4149889 said:
I definitely hope she would tell the truth. MJ does not need lies in order to defend him from child molestation allegations. Nor do we need made-up romances to defend him. We are not that desperate, are we?

Hell no, of course not. But if this is true she better take her ass and tell the story under oath (if it goes to trial) not just to testify about Mj's true character but testify about the families she saw around MJ, including the Robsons. Everyone who saw the Robsons interract with MJ should tell how totally at ease they were around MJ even after the Chandler allegations because that proves that they had zero doubt about his innocence.

Of course the Glenda tape alone makes the Safechuck/Robson story look absolutely ludicrous. So this guy was supposedly in love with two boys and at the very same time (1992) he was dreaming about having a real relationship with a woman and talking about one he was interested in.
Some hater said that the tape proves nothing because MJ knew he was being recorded. LOL That's their best explanation why he was a talking about girls making his nose wide open and not being able to get over Diana. Anyway, Shana so far didn't say anything about whether it was her MJ talked about on that tape.

Is it possible that the Emily Frank Cascio talked about in his book is Shana?

Last edited:
Back