Will You Be There (Live) mystery

analogue

Proud Member
So, the song is lip synced, but for some reason the live version has some slightly different lyrics to the album version

Album version lyrics:
Everyone's Taking Control Of Me
Seems That The World's
Got A Role For Me
I'm So Confused
Will You Show To Me
You'll Be There For Me
And Care Enough To Bear Me

Live version lyrics
Seems That The World's
Got A Role For Me
I'm So Confused
Will You Show To Me
You'll Be There For Me
And strong enough to hold me

Why would Michael use those slightly different lyrics for the live version? It's odd that little change was made

The adlibs are different in places too.

My guess is he just chose a different vocal take for the stage performances.

The adlibs are different in places too.

My guess is he just chose a different vocal take for the stage performances.

Maybe he did it to give the song more of a live feel

and or maybe he thought 'bear me' was a little too negative of connotation to connect with himself...

Than again, he has song (unreleased) "I am a loser" so.... IDK..

To give it a live feel is what I've always thought.

Nice try, Mike! ;)

I like the live version better

Live version lyrics
Seems That The World's
Got A Role For Me
I'm So Confused
Will You Show To Me
You'll Be There For Me
And strong enough to hold me

The last line mean to me as Michael saying whatever happen are you strong enough to hold me through the bad times.

No matter what that live performance theatrically speaking is one of the most powerful I have ever seen.

wanting to see the TII rehearsal in the future :bow:

^ you & me both.... at the very least clippings... I mean shouldn't we have gotten another doc from that footage they recorded?? Maybe a 10 year extended version in 2019? more special feature footage??? I mean there is very little reason why not to release more, we are waiting.

^ you & me both.... at the very least clippings... I mean shouldn't we have gotten another doc from that footage they recorded?? Maybe a 10 year extended version in 2019? more special feature footage??? I mean there is very little reason why not to release more, we are waiting.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR 3 MORE YEARS! They have to make a new movie. I hope the the full footage will leak (soon). Sony is torturing us by not letting us see everything.

wanting to see the TII rehearsal in the future :bow:

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if WYBT was lip synced, since it was lip synced during DTW as well. But I guess we will have to wait for a indefinite amount of time to find out.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if WYBT was lip synced, since it was lip synced during DTW as well. But I guess we will have to wait for a indefinite amount of time to find out.

It was sung live during Dangerous Tour rehearsals, so it could have been sung live during This Is It rehearsals.

He just used a different vocal take, I don't think he put a lot of thought in it, maybe just messing with some fans' minds a lil' bit... :)

Back