CONGRATULATIONS, TITO!!! He has a Billboard Hit!

barbee0715

Proud Member
All 9 Jackson Family Siblings Have Now Had Solo Hits on the Billboard Charts

6/3/2016 by Trevor Anderson

• FACEBOOK
  • TWITTER
  • EMAIL ME

<figure class="main-media" style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 1em 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 16px; font-family: Open-sans, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
jackson-5-1977-portrait-billboard-1548.jpg
<figcaption class="main-media__details" style="box-sizing: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 1em 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(240, 240, 240); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">The Jackson Five photographed in Amsterdam circa 1977.
GIJSBERT HANEKROOT/REDFERN</figcaption></figure>

Tito's new single "Get It Baby" completes the family set.

Tito Jackson joins his brothers and sisters like Michael and Janet, and scores his first solo hit on the Billboard charts with "Get It Baby." With the single's recent debut, Tito becomes the ninth and final Jackson family sibling to place a solo single on the charts.
For over 45 years, the Jackson family has been charting hits -- stretching back to the 1969 debut of the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" on the Billboard Hot 100. In the following decades, the children of Joe and Katherine Jackson all embarked on solo careers, most spectacularly with Michael Jackson. By 1989, eight of the nine siblings had reached the charts.
"Get It Baby," featuring Big Daddy Kane, debuts at No. 30 on the Billboard + Twitter Top Tracks chart dated June 11, and climbs 29-26 on the Adult R&B Songs airplay chart in its second week.

The Jackson siblings&#8217; solo chart runs date back to October 30, 1971, when Michael Jackson&#8217;s debut single, &#8220;Got to Be There,&#8221; started at No. 89 on the Hot 100. Since Michael kicked off his string, nine of the Jackson children have scored hits on a Billboard songs chart (listed in birth order):
Maureen &#8220;Rebbie&#8221; Jackson &#8211; seven charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including two top 10s in 1984&#8217;s &#8220;Centipede&#8221; (No. 4) and 1988&#8217;s &#8220;Plaything&#8221; (No. 8).
Sigmund &#8220;Jackie&#8221; Jackson &#8211; two charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including a 1989 top 40 hit &#8220;Stay&#8221; (No. 39).
Tito Jackson &#8211; &#8220;Get It Baby&#8221; debuted at No. 29 on Adult R&B Songs on the June 4, 2016 chart and Billboard + Twitter Top Tracks the following week.
Jermaine Jackson &#8211; 17 charted titles on the Hot 100, including two top 10 hits: &#8220;Daddy&#8217;s Home&#8221; in 1973 and &#8220;Let&#8217;s Get Serious&#8221; in 1980. Both cuts peaked at No. 9.
La Toya Jackson &#8211; nine charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including four top 40 hits. Her highest ranking track, &#8220;Bet&#8217;cha Gonna Need My Lovin&#8217;&#8221; climbed to No. 22 in 1983.
Marlon Jackson &#8211; two charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, including the No. 2 smash &#8220;Don&#8217;t Go&#8221; in 1987.
Michael Jackson &#8211; 29 charted titles on the Hot 100, including 13 No. 1s, the most by any male artist in Hot 100 history.
Steven &#8220;Randy&#8221; Jackson &#8211; three charted titles on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart (one as a solo artist and two as part of Randy & The Gypsys). Of those three, 1990&#8217;s &#8220;Love You Honey&#8221; scored the best rank, topping out at No. 16.
Janet Jackson &#8211; 27 charted titles on the Hot 100, including 10 No. 1s.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...jackson-family-siblings-billboard-charts-tito

Last edited:
I'm happy for Tito!! Yesterday I listened to "Get it Baby" that song had me jamming like
vDNZM1D.gif

Hooray for Tito! I didn't even know he had a new single. Let's hope that his long-awaited solo album will come to fruition soon.

Does it mean they're the most successful family in pop music?

I mean, we know it's true.
.just that this is more proof lol

listening to the song for the first time... I'd say I'm impressed!! From the the song to his voice.. I would not expect this from Tito... maybe he was under used after all these years stuck behind the guitar..

Last edited:
HumbleBee, if the song had you jammin' like Carlton, it had me jammin' like Shaq, the sneaky kittey and Stephen Colbert all rolled into one :lol:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It really is a funky lil' number. Congrats to Tito for it, been a long time coming. Quite the achievement for the entire family :)

For some not-so-strange reasons the tune reminds me of several other songs, everything from J5, Sean Paul and Stevie Wonder cause of the title to Streetwalker due to the bro connection in the lyrics. Yep, I do tend to be a lyric freak, but shhhh....... :shutup::ninja: don't tell anyone else about it :lol:

Off to jam to it some more :girl_dance: Thanks again barbs for posting it :)

Last edited:
HumbleBee, if the song had you jammin' like Carlton, it had me jammin' like Shaq, the sneaky kittey and Steven Colbert all rolled into one :lol:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It really is a funky lil' number. Congrats to Tito for it, been a long time coming. Quite the achievement for the entire family :)

For some not-so-strange reasons the tune reminds me of several other songs, everything from J5, Sean Paul and Stevie Wonder cause of the title to Streetwalker due to the bro connection in the lyrics. Yep, I do tend to be a lyric freak, but shhhh....... :shutup::ninja: don't tell anyone else about it :lol:

Off to jam to it some more :girl_dance: Thanks again barbs for posting it :)

That Shaq shuffle always gets me :lmao:

Tito's busy making the rounds. I saw the Wendy one and TMZ and heard he was on Andy Cohen's show and some morning shows. He was quite classy in the two I saw. A lot of comments were saying he had "chemistry" with Wendy-I beg to differ-I think he's just really polite and respectful and is trying to promote that album.

Tito Jackson remembers Michael putting butter in people&#8217;s shoes

By Hardeep Phull

June 17, 2016 | 3:11am

<figure id="attachment_10243553" class="wp-caption aligncenter" style="margin: 13px auto 30px; display: inline-block; max-width: 100%; height: auto; clear: both; position: relative;">Modal Trigger
jackson_tito1a.jpg
</figure><figure id="attachment_10243555" class="wp-caption alignleft" style="margin: 13px 20px 18px 0px; display: inline-block; max-width: 100%; height: auto; float: left; position: relative; clear: both;">Modal Trigger
jackson_five1a.jpg
<figcaption class="wp-caption-text" style="caption-side: bottom; display: table-caption; font-size: 0.875rem; padding-top: 8px; line-height: 13px; margin-top: 3px; margin-bottom: 0px;">Photo: Everett Collection</figcaption></figure>For nearly half a century, the Jacksons have mined hits at an unmatched rate, but like any family, there&#8217;s always one who&#8217;s a little more reluctant to join the business.
While Michael and Janet conquered the world, Jermaine and Marlon made sizable splashes and even La Toya knocked out a minor hit. Tito Jackson avoided launching a solo career &#8212; until now. At the ripe age of 62, the guitarist is finally making progress up Billboard&#8217;s Adult R&B Songs chart with his track &#8220;Get It Baby&#8221; featuring Big Daddy Kane, and is preparing to release his debut solo album, &#8220;Tito Time,&#8221; later this year. As a result, all nine Jackson siblings can boast Billboard hits.
&#8220;Before now, I was too shy to perform solo,&#8221; he tells The Post. &#8220;I couldn&#8217;t imagine performing without my brothers next to me. It seemed foreign.&#8221; Here, he explains how he overcame his shyness, his relationship with his brother Michael&#8217;s kids and whether or not he has a chance of marrying Wendy Williams.
Why did it take so long to get a solo album ready?

I wanted to be a father more than a solo artist, so I prioritized [and] raised my boys. I also had shows with the Jacksons keeping me busy. I actually have done some blues records but I never put them out.
It seems so unusual to hear someone who&#8217;s been onstage almost his entire life talk about being shy.

I started working on my shyness onstage by playing solo rehearsals at a friend&#8217;s bar in Oxnard, Calif. Only a few people would even be there. Some workers who didn&#8217;t even speak English &#8212; I think they preferred mariachi music! Eventually, I started doing more shows and it grew from there. That&#8217;s how I finally got to doing the solo album. Eventually, I may even release my blues albums.
<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:track:2yEHvFXy8J95T9FrS77U5L" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="max-width: 100%;"></iframe>

When the Jackson 5 toured back in &#8217;60s and &#8217;70s, young Michael enjoyed being a prankster. What were his specialties?

Michael was fond of putting water balloons on the top of the door, and then calling security so it would shower them. He also used to put sticks of butter in your shoes so it would get between your toes! It was innocent fun.
When Prince passed recently, a lot of comparisons were drawn between his opiate addiction and Michael&#8217;s own problems with prescription medication. Do you feel it&#8217;s a widespread problem in the entertainment world?

I think it&#8217;s a problem in the wider world &#8212; not just the entertainment world. Things like that need to be monitored closely and not administered outside of a hospital. It&#8217;s too risky. Prince&#8217;s passing definitely got me reminiscing. He and Michael were the greatest performers and artists of our generation. I think they&#8217;re probably being very creative up there.
Your son TJ is one of the legal guardians for Michael&#8217;s children, Paris, Prince and Blanket. What characteristics do they share with him?

I think they have Jackson-like characteristics. They&#8217;re very interested in show business. Michael was a dreamer and a fascinator &#8212; I think his kids share that. I think Paris [18] is maybe looking to be an actress. Prince [19] is very interested in movies and directing. Blanket [14] is a little young; he&#8217;s at the stage where he wants to be either an Army man, a fireman or a policeman!
How did you develop your signature bowler hat look?

I&#8217;ve always been a hat guy, but as I got older I started to spend a lot more time in the UK. I adopted the bowler hat, and every time I went there, I would buy more. It became my signature. My brothers used to tell me not to wear [it] because it makes me look older. But it&#8217;s my head, and I like it. Somebody&#8217;s got to wear it to keep it in style!
You were on Wendy Williams&#8217; show very recently, and there seemed to be a little chemistry between you. What was that about?

Well, Wendy Williams is beautiful and she&#8217;s eye candy for me. I just had to let her know. But I&#8217;m pretty sure she&#8217;s not available, so I was just letting her know that she&#8217;s loved in my heart and she&#8217;s looking good.
Maybe in the next life, eh Tito?

You never know, it might be this lifetime! I wonder if she would change her name to &#8220;Jackson&#8221; if she married me!

http://nypost.com/2016/06/17/tito-jackson-remembers-michael-putting-butter-in-peoples-shoes/

Last edited:
I hope there are some other great tracks on the album like this one.. I've never looked forward to a Jackson release outside of MJ and Janet, this is a first for me.. interesting!

I wonder if the song he made 5 years ago "We Made It" will be on the album or not. I hope so, it's a fun track!

Most of the jokes at the Jackson family in movies usually poke at Tito for being the least influential. Other than Michael, personally he is my favourite member of the Jacksons.

You know Tito, I never saw jealousy coming from Tito.. He never has issue giving props where it's due.. For that, he has my respect.. and truth be told, 'get it baby' to me is the best song from any of the brothers that did not include MJ any way.. I genuinely like it!

Back