What's your first MJ concert?

MJFanusus

Proud Member
my first MJ concert is Bucharest 1992. :bugeyed

ef828fb5d0199e4c4d26320b8205f3d4.png

My first was Yokohama 1987.

I found a (bootleg) DVD of the show at my local Moviestop. I paid for it, took it home and watched the entire concert from beginning to finish. I was blown away.

Bucharest 92. it came on TV, and we didn't have a VCR, we were actually buying one that day the concert came on TV. and I wanted to make sure we could get the VCR in time so I could record the concert. so my mom, my brother and me, went out and bought one, and I said we have to hurry home. we barely made it. the first couple of minutes is missing. but it was getting late and I wasn't allowed to stay up and watch it, I remember. and I still have the original VHS tape I recorded it on

This was mine-I accidentally ran across this on 2000 Watts by lp zepp yesterday-I was so excited to see it. Super 8 cameras had no sound, but watching this was exactly the way I remembered it.

http://www.texasarchive.org/library/...tle=2011_00782

10 minutes of silent amateur footage of the Jackson 5 at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo en 1974.
It's shaky, choped, silent, distant but I think it's still cool.

I'm surprised there's no more Jackson 5 amateur footage out there. There're many 8mm films of other artists' concerts from the 60's and 70's. Maybe Jackson 5's audience was too young to have film cameras ? Or they didn't bother ?

Bucharest 92 on BBC. Our cable TV was cut off (unpaid bill) I told my mother she had to go and pay it that day because of the concert. She just made it there on time and I had a TV and VCR in my room which I watched it and recorded it on. Still have my VHS copy somewhere. I had magazine pictures of MJ performing Jam so I cut them out and made a video cover. Things were exciting back then.

Bucharest 92 on BBC. Our cable TV was cut off (unpaid bill) I told my mother she had to go and pay it that day because of the concert. She just made it there on time and I had a TV and VCR in my room which I watched it and recorded it on. Still have my VHS copy somewhere. I had magazine pictures of MJ performing Jam so I cut them out and made a video cover. Things were exciting back then.
haha-what a bossy kid. Too funny.

I'd love to see that. I've heard it's way better than the HBO one. (or Showtime-whoever showed it and the one for sale).

I used to make video covers like that too! fun times indeed

the first full tour concert I saw was Dangerous Bucharest on VH1... they used to air it fairly often. (they should again if they still have the rights to) than Bad 1987 I Yokohama (VHS I bought) than.... I heavily started getting footage (pre youtube) ie the 'V' in KOPV (King Of Pop Videos) .. I did the math at one point and I physically owned over 100 hrs of footage.. I don't remember the exact #.. I went from BAD to buying this package on ebay for all concerts from J5 Mexico - 30th anniversary (1 concert at least from each tour) It also came with Jackson variety show, Victory tour special, ummm.. and other stuff. I was so excited when I got it.. After that I had enough to start trading other collectors..

Most of what I owned is on youtube now, what a different world... Sorry for the tangent - got excited lol

Munich HIStory Tour, 1997. I was 12 and stayed up late to record it, it surprised me my parents allowed it. I was naive about the lip synching, I just knew I adored the songs, I felt mesmerized watching Michael dance and I am pretty sure he was the first one who made my hormones go crazy feeling stuff I had never felt before.

I was at three concerts: Bayreuth 92, Prague 96 and Munich 97

This Is It! That was the first "concert" I saw in full, even if it were only rehearsals. Actual concert though? Well the first one I watched was Bucharest 1992! My school library had it on DVD so I ended up renting it a good few times! Eventually bought it myself around my birthday a few months later :p

I didn't actually watch it in full until this year *shock and horror I know*. My first actual concert in full... was Bad at Wembley '88 the night I got the Bad 25 Boxset!

it's not about what concerts you were at, but what concert you saw first on tv/video

Imagine if the first time you ever saw a Michael concert was in real life! That'd be so cool. It's one thing to be blown away by something on TV... but when the man himself is right there in front of you onstage! ...Wow!

That might be my parents actually! They went to see him when he came to New Zealand in '96 (I was too young) and I don't think they watched any of his concerts prior...

Imagine if the first time you ever saw a Michael concert was in real life! That'd be so cool. It's one thing to be blown away by something on TV... but when the man himself is right there in front of you onstage! ...Wow!

That might be my parents actually! They went to see him when he came to New Zealand in '96 (I was too young) and I don't think they watched any of his concerts prior...

That was me. I don't recall seeing any live footage before I saw him live in '88.

Well, the first concert I saw in real life was the one at the Houston rodeo that I posted earlier. But the fIrst live concert footage I ever saw on tv was the 'Going back to Indiana' special. So good.

I don't think things like Hollywood Palace or Ed Sullivan count as a concert, do they?

Last edited:

Where are the millions of ppl that attended his shows? You mean to tell me all of that stock fan footage of ppl passing out & losing thier damn minds for him are not in these forums anywhere???? I've been wondering for years...where's all the she's out of my life & yana ladies at? Where are the fans who got backstage passes & now that i think about it. Did the people who were supposed to eat dinner with mj at the 2001 shows for buying front row tickets? Did they not go because of the 9/11 or was it set the 1st night? Never saw a mention of this anywhere. Sorry to be everywhere with this post

Where are the millions of ppl that attended his shows? You mean to tell me all of that stock fan footage of ppl passing out & losing thier damn minds for him are not in these forums anywhere???? I've been wondering for years...where's all the she's out of my life & yana ladies at? Where are the fans who got backstage passes & now that i think about it. Did the people who were supposed to eat dinner with mj at the 2001 shows for buying front row tickets? Did they not go because of the 9/11 or was it set the 1st night? Never saw a mention of this anywhere. Sorry to be everywhere with this post

:)Yes. Some weeks before I asked for that in another thread. It would be soo exciting to read all their experiences and memories! But there were only very less answers:(.

My first concert with MJ was t he J5 from the same tour as Barbee posted the footage of (but I saw them in
Chicago).
I was a fan since their early tv appearances of 1969-70 (I was 7 at the time and I completely flipped!!), but I didn't get to see a live show for years! I had begged my mom every time but she wouldn't take me . I think mostly because she had heard about how crazy berserk the crowds were and she was afraid young kids would get trampled or get lost in the crowd. I thought I almost had her talked into going to see them at Black Expo (I argued that it wasnt just a concert, it was an educational cultural event!)) But then she had to work or something came up. Or she was still worried about the stampeding. After that she just said I might be allowed to go when I was a teenager if I stopped bugging her about it until then. But then IIRC she gave in and let me go when I was 12 .
I was so excited. I wish I remembered more details. I remember I likedMichael singing Happy from Lady Sngs the Blues. I loved that song at the time

My first concert with MJ was t he J5 from the same tour as Barbee posted the footage of (but I saw them in
Chicago).
I was a fan since their early tv appearances of 1969-70 (I was 7 at the time and I completely flipped!!), but I didn't get to see a live show for years! I had begged my mom every time but she wouldn't take me . I think mostly because she had heard about how crazy berserk the crowds were and she was afraid young kids would get trampled or get lost in the crowd. I thought I almost had her talked into going to see them at Black Expo (I argued that it wasnt just a concert, it was an educational cultural event!)) But then she had to work or something came up. Or she was still worried about the stampeding. After that she just said I might be allowed to go when I was a teenager if I stopped bugging her about it until then. But then IIRC she gave in and let me go when I was 12 .
I was so excited. I wish I remembered more details. I remember I likedMichael singing Happy from Lady Sngs the Blues. I loved that song at the time
ha! Your mom was right to be concerned-the audience was crazy bezerk and full of stampeding kids. Here's a picture from the show I went to.'
PS-that girl is NOT me.

bdd049f5a71d7c780957bd9af0639233.jpg

ha! Your mom was right to be concerned-the audience was crazy bezerk and full of stampeding kids. Here's a picture from the show I went to.'
PS-that girl is NOT me.

bdd049f5a71d7c780957bd9af0639233.jpg
(
Wow ! Chasing around like they're part of the damn rodeo! (Glad to hear it wasn't you! Lol). Yes I totally get my mom being worried but of course at the time I thought it was mean and unfair when other little girls at school were bragging about how they got to go I'm just lucky she let me go in 74 and later!

Seriously I feel bad for how scary those fans gone berserk must have been for the Jackson boys especially Michael and Marlon when they were so young.

The 92 Bucharest Dangerous Concert was the first MJ concert I ever saw. I was 12 years old when I first saw it. I remember seeing the advertisement for it on tv. And I had so badly wanted to see it. But since at the time I was living with my grandparents who did not allowed cable tv. Thankfully my cousin who is only my cousin by marriage. Who was an MJ fan at the time had taped it. And I remember going to her house to watch it. And I remember how I could not take my eyes off of him. It was just so amazing to watch that concert.

My first full concert was Bucharest 1992 from the Ultimate Collection box set. I had seen individual performances before (like Motown 25, 1995 VMAs and the 2002 American Bandstand performances) but never a full concert before that one.

Back