Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

Michaels Lover

Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Ced View Post
    And the "thinning hair" is a style choice. Black women do that a lot. They call them edges or baby hair. That's not Lupus.
    I'm not talking about that...it was because of the lupus. you do get hair thinning from lupus. also the eyebrows, eyelashes and body hair you can lose them completely

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,814 Times in 2,247 Posts

what thinning hair are we talking about? Michael wore wigs... and never have I noticed his hair looking "thin"
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    what thinning hair are we talking about? Michael wore wigs... and never have I noticed his hair looking "thin"
    On that note, does anyone know how bald Michael actually was? Was it just the spot that was burned during the commercial or did it get worse?

"Some people misunderstand me, but that's because they don't know me at all."

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^ At the end he had a receding hairline and was almost bald in 2009.. he never was able to grow hair back where he was burnt... He tattooed his scalp line to hide any showing of balding...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,748 Times in 918 Posts

Let's not kid ourselves, plastic surgery was the one reason why Michael became a subject of ridicule, why he is less respected than his peers is some circles and why the terrible rumours that followed were easier to be believed.

I believe he did have body dysmorphia, only that would explain his choices for so many changes before he was even 40, and I think he explains that in Moonwalk when he talks about hoe Joe would talk about his nose.

I'm sure many of you will disagree, and for me the man made Dangerous, he could have transformed himself into a snail and I wouldn't care (although not sure how that would affect the moonwalk) but I believe it is the reason he became why many things went wrong.
    I CAN'T TAKE IT 'COS I'M TONY

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves, plastic surgery was the one reason why Michael became a subject of ridicule, why he is less respected than his peers is some circles and why the terrible rumours that followed were easier to be believed.

I believe he did have body dysmorphia, only that would explain his choices for so many changes before he was even 40, and I think he explains that in Moonwalk when he talks about hoe Joe would talk about his nose.

I'm sure many of you will disagree, and for me the man made Dangerous, he could have transformed himself into a snail and I wouldn't care (although not sure how that would affect the moonwalk) but I believe it is the reason he became why many things went wrong.
    I agree with what you are saying - if Michaels appearance hadn't changed so drastically, and honestly in the 00's turned 'eccentric', I don't think he would've been seen as so strange by the media - it's sad but people judge by appearance so poor Michael was judged so harshly. This is not to say it was Michaels fault, far from it, he was a victim of money-driven, selfish and ignorant people.
    Last edited by prettyyoungthaang; 15-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I find it started Michael was always different, he was soft and easily pushed into things... thus finds himself in situations that could make him look out of place.. You take that, with unique clothing style, mysteriousness.. that creates intrigue! a good thing that with what built later turned on him.. Than intentionally speaking softer, bringing wild animals in public.t that finalized a mystique. In mid 80's the first time he goes out in public with a surgical mask.. you know that get’speople thinking “ok what’s going on here?”, later fallows up with more appearancechanges (intentional and non-intentional) Surgeries and vitiligo.. Than various PR stunts to add into thismystery MJ…
    Once everyone is wondering what the hell is this guy? Who is he? What is he like? Why is he sodifferent?.... You get 1993 allegationsand BOOM it becomes the “ah-ha” moment for people and THAT’s why it stuck…

“That’s why he is so weird”, “That’s why he’s always aroundkids”, “Why he’s a recluse and mysterious.. he has something to hide”

That I hard to break... So yes while I agree his changing appearance has to do with how he's viewed as strange.. but there are def. a lot of contributions..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 971 Posts

People are extremely shallow, so I do believe this is about 50 percent true, but not entirely true because all of MJ's physical changes were NOT due to plastic surgery.
    Not to mention that some people don't respect MJ as an artist just because HE IS MJ and they want to be edgy.

I believe he did have body dysmorphia
    Good thing that opinion isn't the same as fact, and the fact is that none of us know if he had a mental problem of any kind (although I personally don't believe he did).
    Last edited by Ms. BlueGangsta; 15-07-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Diamond Princess View Post
    Good thing that opinion isn't the same as fact, and the fact is that none of us know if he had a mental problem of any kind (although I personally don't believe he did).
    It's true that we don't know any of it as fact, but I think the speculation does make sense. People who suffer from BDD often fixate on a flaw of theirs - MJ has expressed how his father made him feel extremely self conscious about his nose, and the various surgeries he's had on it could reflect that insecurity. MJ has even been quoted many times to say he didn't like to look in the mirror and was often seen wearing surgical masks. I'm sure most of the women on these forums will agree that he was a very attractive man yet he had however much surgery to change his appearance. I think his dissatisfaction was made very obvious yet, he was one of the 80's sexiest icons - it would make sense to say that MJ did not view himself the way in which the world did.
    Last edited by prettyyoungthaang; 15-07-2016 at 10:32 PM.

"Some people misunderstand me, but that's because they don't know me at all."

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks

To answer the questions in the original post the short version is I don't know and I don't care. *shrug emoji*
    My Twitter

Remember, my child: Without innocence the cross is only iron, hope is only an illusion & Ocean Soul's nothing but a name...

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

we're not trying to deny that Michael more plastic surgery than he admitted are we? ... Just trying to see how much we're willing to lie to ourselves!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marialovesmjj View Post
    To answer the questions in the original post the short version is I don't know and I don't care. *shrug emoji*
    That's not really answering the question though, now is it? :P

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,562 Posts

Unfortunately it got to the point where people began to focus more on the "eccentricities" rather than his music, and such things overshadowed his art.
    Last edited by HIStoric; 16-07-2016 at 08:42 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HIStoric For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,748 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Diamond Princess View Post
    People are extremely shallow, so I do believe this is about 50 percent true, but not entirely true because all of MJ's physical changes were NOT due to plastic surgery.
    Not to mention that some people don't respect MJ as an artist just because HE IS MJ and they want to be edgy.

I think these sort of responses really stigmatise mental health issues. You have no problem with surmising what physical issues he may have had and use these as reasons for certain choices (lip syncing, appearance changes etc.), but when it comes to mental health like body dysmorphia you can't even entertain it.

Why not? Why is it terrible to consider this? Why can a man have vitiligo but not a mental issue? Are they so bad?

Like I say, attitudes like that really stigmatise mental health and make it difficult for people to open up and talk about them.
    I CAN'T TAKE IT 'COS I'M TONY

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tony R For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 764 Posts

I think these sort of responses really stigmatise mental health issues. You have no problem with surmising what physical issues he may have had and use these as reasons for certain choices (lip syncing, appearance changes etc.), but when it comes to mental health like body dysmorphia you can't even entertain it.

Why not? Why is it terrible to consider this? Why can a man have vitiligo but not a mental issue? Are they so bad?

Like I say, attitudes like that really stigmatise mental health and make it difficult for people to open up and talk about them.
    The difference is that we know for a fact that Michael had vitiligo and lupus whereas any discussion about his mental health remains speculation. I think it's a bit unfair to Michael to diagnose him with mental illness when he never spoke out about this himself. It's possible that he had BDD but it's also possible that he was just insecure about his appearance (as many of us are) and combined with his perfectionism and artistic vision it made him want to change himself. The fact that he was comfortable posing for photographs and had paintings of himself in his house suggests that he did not loathe his appearance entirely. I have no doubt though that the constant media (and public) mocking of his appearance exacerbated his insecurities greatly.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LindavG For This Useful Post: