Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 188

Thread: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

   
  1. #1
    Points: 853, Level: 15
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    prettyyoungthaang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    76
    Points
    853
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 63 Times in 29 Posts

    Default Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    I'd just like to say before I continue, no, I'm not saying that it is important what MJ looked like, and I'm not trying to make his appearance the spectacle of scrutiny as the media do, but as an MJ fan I like to be honest with myself and to other people when defending him. I come across MJ fans who will adamantly debate 'he only had about three surgeries', and I think it makes us appear a little deluded and too willing to defend him as I feel this is obviously a lie, and it will hurt our credibility when defending MJ for more important reasons (i.e. the molestation cases). I also think it's silly to make certain topics of MJ's life 'taboo'.

    In Moonwalker, he claimed he'd had 2 nose jobs and a cleft put into his chin, but this cannot be true of 2003 in the LWMJ documentary as it is obvious he has had more nose procedures and other surgeries yet he still claims he's only had rhinoplasties. Why did MJ not admit to the other surgeries? Did he feel embarrassed, or did not want to bring more attention to his appearance because of the media's obsession with it?

    Some people have suggested that MJ may have had Body Dysmorphia - could this be true?

    "Some people misunderstand me, but that's because they don't know me at all."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to prettyyoungthaang For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Points: 24,374, Level: 95
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ms. BlueGangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    A Place With No Name.
    Posts
    2,880
    Points
    24,374
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    1,143
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 971 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    After looking at a lot of pictures of MJ I find that yes he did have a few surgeries, but he truly didn't have HALF as many as the media and MJ haters say (I myself honestly don't think it was too many more then three).
    You also have to keep in mind the medical conditions that MJ had that could have had an effect on his appearance.

    Also, let's be honest MJ could have said he had 50 surgeries and the media would have made it 500.
    No matter what MJ "admitted" to the media would've made Mt Everest out of a mole hill, so IMO it doesn't matter what MJ said because people wouldn't have regarded it as the truth anyway.

    Lastly, I would like to know what other surgeries MJ had outside of the chin cleft and a few nose jobs because whatever it is I really don't see it.:ermm:

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. BlueGangsta For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Points: 61,090, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    7,432
    Points
    61,090
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 8,497 Times in 2,660 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    He never changed THAT much


    But I do think that the straight hair he had during most of the 00's didn't do him any favors. He looks much better with the curls
    Last edited by analogue; 13-07-2016 at 12:34 AM.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Points: 853, Level: 15
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered
    prettyyoungthaang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    76
    Points
    853
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 63 Times in 29 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    He never changed THAT much


    But I do think that the straight hair he had during most of the 00's didn't do him any favors. He looks much better with the curls
    Granted in this photo comparison, little change can be seen - I more mean between Bad to the 00's he definitely had another rhinoplasty and I think some work done to his lips - and I completely agree! When he brought back the curls in TII he looks almost identical again.

    "Some people misunderstand me, but that's because they don't know me at all."

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to prettyyoungthaang For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Points: 61,090, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    analogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    7,432
    Points
    61,090
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 8,497 Times in 2,660 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    This is from 1995, and he looks closer to Thriller era MJ here. Vitilgo being the biggest change of course.


    The amount of surgeries people say he had has been greatly exaggerated. I won't deny that MJ had sugery, but I don't believe he was some crazy plastic surgery addict like the media says.
    Last edited by analogue; 13-07-2016 at 12:55 AM.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Michaels Lover
    Guest

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    Quote Originally Posted by prettyyoungthaang View Post
    I come across MJ fans who will adamantly debate 'he only had about three surgeries', and I think it makes us appear a little deluded and too willing to defend him as I feel this is obviously a lie, and it will hurt our credibility when defending MJ for more important reasons (i.e. the molestation cases). I also think it's silly to make certain topics of MJ's life 'taboo'.
    the only reason people think we are deluded is because they are so brainwashed by the media, and so ignorant that they believe everything they read or have read about him in their life. they are the ones who are deluded. not us. there are other reasons why his appearance changed, than plastic surgery. vitiligo, lupus. do you know what the medicine you take for lupus does to your face? I think you should educate yourself a little more on the subject, instead of just blindly and ignorantly accuse him of lying. no offense, but how in the blue hell do you know he's lying? how can you say that with such confidence, you don't know that any better than the rest of us



    Quote Originally Posted by prettyyoungthaang View Post
    In Moonwalker, he claimed he'd had 2 nose jobs and a cleft put into his chin, but this cannot be true of 2003 in the LWMJ documentary as it is obvious he has had more nose procedures and other surgeries yet he still claims he's only had rhinoplasties. Why did MJ not admit to the other surgeries? Did he feel embarrassed, or did not want to bring more attention to his appearance because of the media's obsession with it?
    even if he did lie, does it really matter? so what if he wanted to lie about how much surgery he had, if he didn't feel like it was anyone's business. it's not like he was obligated to tell the world everything about his private life, and it's not against the law to lie. I don't blame him at all for not wanting to tell the truth (if he didn't). I know what I would have done if I was him, to never do an interview, or if I did, deny to answer ANY questions about my private life. and I think he should have done the same, but unfortunately, he didn't

    Quote Originally Posted by prettyyoungthaang View Post
    Some people have suggested that MJ may have had Body Dysmorphia - could this be true?
    no. stupid tabloid rumors
    Last edited by Michaels Lover; 13-07-2016 at 01:47 AM.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michaels Lover For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Points: 25,293, Level: 95
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,946
    Points
    25,293
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    20,018
    Thanked 6,847 Times in 3,037 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    I checked the rules an this doesn't seem to be a taboo subject, but it seems to me that it would be better over in the Trials and Tribulations section-mainly because the autoimmune diseases Michael had were trials and tribulations that he had to deal with.

    I'm one of those people who did NOT notice the change in his nose when he did the Walt Disney 25 special or Diana's show-I remember asking my mother what did Michael do to himself-because he looked as gorgeous as he did when he was a little boy, happy and beaming, his big brown eyes enormous, and I decided it was that adorable new haircut with the soft curls. First time I'd seen him without the afro, and now we've actually seen the pictures of him in the salon getting his hair cut in the picture section. So darn cute. The next time I noticed a change was Motown 25-and again, I saw that gorgeous jheri curl and the eye make up-he was just ravishingly beautiful. Did NOT notice the new nose job. Again in BAD-I didn't notice the cleft, or the skin change-I did notice his hair change and that he was as sexy as hell-he also had officially grown up then-as had I-he was no longer innocently and naively sexy-he was intentionally, dangerously sexy.

    It's my opinion that Michael is not lying about the two nose jobs and the cleft in his chin-he had corrective surgery with the first nose job-and I honestly think that all of the other surgeries he had were RECONSTRUCTIVE because discoid lupus goes after your skin and soft tissues and it will attack places that you had surgery first-just like it attacked his scalp-

    one of the few shows I watched during the trial was a Fox news reporter who had consulted a plastic surgeon and they were looking at pictures of Michael-and they were of course, trying to villify him and talk about all of these multiple surgeries-and I jumped up to change the channel when the doctor started talking about discoid lupus, what it can do to your face, and he thought any surgeries Michael might have had was because he was trying to look like a normal guy. NOT the answer Fox was looking for, but it certainly sounded credible to me. I've seen horrendous pictures of what discoid lupus can do to your face on the internet in the last few years-it's not just red butterfly rashes-

    And I think Michael did not consider any corrective or reconstructive surgery for damage to be a cosmetic elective surgery. I don't either.

    The only other thing I noticed during the trial and after (besides the straight hair that I did not like at all and was not flattering) was that his mouth seemed to be frozen and he couldn't smile the way he used to-I have a feeling that one of the reconstructive surgeries went awry, and so his upper lip was frozen. That, too, went away after his visits to Klein-so even though Klein went off the deep end later, he still had the gift of non-invasively fixing his patients.

    And no, I don't think he had BDO-even though his mother parroted that in a doc I saw-sometimes she just says things she hears, and I don't understand why she does that. But I think Michael kept the severity of his real medical conditions really private and probably didn't even confide in her. So, no lies there-two nose jobs and the dimple in his chin-and everything else was reconstructive or corrective because of an ugly disease and flat out none of our business.


    Oh, edit to add-I've just recently noticed that all of the Jacksons have had nose jobs-the girls had them early, but the brothers had them before the Victory tour-but all of them were fortunate not to have lupus. I think if Michael had known he was going to get lupus later on and what it could do, he never would have considered cosmetic surgery in the first place.
    Last edited by barbee0715; 13-07-2016 at 04:16 AM.

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Points: 9,903, Level: 66
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    769
    Points
    9,903
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    10,435
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 417 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    This man who saw Michael's medical records confirmed that most of his surgeries were reconstructive. So like Barbee0715, I don't believe Michael lied when he said he had two surgeries. He simply didn't count reconstructive surgeries because, after all, their purpose was not to change the shape of his nose. And I can understand why he didn't tell the world that he had reconstructive surgeries because of lupus. He explained to us that the reason his skin color changed was because of vitiligo, and people called him a liar. How could he explain to us that his nose surgeries were because of lupus? People would have called him a liar again...


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etoile 37 For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Points: 25,293, Level: 95
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,946
    Points
    25,293
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    20,018
    Thanked 6,847 Times in 3,037 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    ^ha-I think this is the exact Fox interview I was referring to. Dr. Strick seems like a very ethical and competent doctor and he exonerates Klein. He also doesn't say the description matched but that he was TOLD it matched.
    That's because he wasn't given anything to compare. He also explains what I said about reconstruction, etc.

    The world knew Michael had lupus after the Pepsi burn and he told Oprah that it was in remission, but it flares up with stress-good stress and bad stress-and I know it had to come back with a vengeance during the last two world tours.

  18. #10
    Points: 4,007, Level: 40
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    161
    Points
    4,007
    Level
    40
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 55 Times in 40 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    I think it was in the Oprah interview he told her he had only had his nose done twice and nothing else when it was clear he had his chin and cheeks done so yes he did lie but the media did make up a lot more stuff about his appearance.

    As MJ fans we learn not to believe everything the media says i think it help's you with other people to when other people i like get accused of something i don't jump to the conclusion straight away that it must be true because it's in the papers i look into it try and find some facts and come to my own conclusion do other people feel the same.
    Last edited by kevin_1990; 13-07-2016 at 10:28 AM.

  19. #11
    Points: 9,338, Level: 64
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,375
    Points
    9,338
    Level
    64
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 731 Times in 400 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    It's my opinion that Michael is not lying about the two nose jobs and the cleft in his chin-he had corrective surgery with the first nose job-and I honestly think that all of the other surgeries he had were RECONSTRUCTIVE because discoid lupus goes after your skin and soft tissues and it will attack places that you had surgery first-just like it attacked his scalp-
    Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    I've seen horrendous pictures of what discoid lupus can do to your face on the internet in the last few years-it's not just red butterfly rashes-
    Quote Originally Posted by etoile 37 View Post
    And I can understand why he didn't tell the world that he had reconstructive surgeries because of lupus. He explained to us that the reason his skin color changed was because of vitiligo, and people called him a liar. How could he explain to us that his nose surgeries were because of lupus? People would have called him a liar again...
    It cannot be denied that MJ’s skin disease (vitiligo, lupus) had started to afflict him years before his 1993 confession during the interview with Oprah Winfrey.

    Rather than calling MJ a liar, people (& media) should first (& of their own accord) try to crosscheck certain facts, especially when it comes to sensitive medical issues, in order to arrive to correct conclusions.

    For example, when MJ visited Perth (Australia) in 1985, with a view to baying the ATV music catalogue from the Australian tycoon Robert Holmes à Court, he asked from his wife (Janet Holmes à Court) to visit together some local bookstores.

    Janet Holmes à Court remembers vividly that incident:

    He [MJ] wanted me to take him to an antique bookshop where he purchased two medical textbooks with the most horrendously graphic drawings. I think they must have been nineteenth century medical textbooks about skin disease…

    Crosschecking certain facts with other people’s quotes (Janet Holmes à Court, for example) should leave no room for doubt even for the very disbelieving ones.

    Last but not least, I suppose almost anyone with such horrible skin diseases will try to resort to reconstructive plastic surgeries. I find nothing reprehensible here, nor has the whole world to be notified (through interviews, autobiographical books, etc) about the exact number of such surgeries.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to mj_frenzy For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Points: 2,483, Level: 30
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    pyt1994's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    53
    Points
    2,483
    Level
    30
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    Honestly I don't understand why anyone cares how many surgeries he had because it does not matter and it wasn't anyone's business...I think the biggest and most drastic change is his vitiligo and his different hair styles because if you look at his features of his face, (such as his eyes for example,) they aren't all that different really.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    ~I miss you and love you always Michael~

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pyt1994 For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Points: 23,764, Level: 94
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Galactus123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,436
    Points
    23,764
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    2,279
    Thanked 2,728 Times in 1,366 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    I'm sure he did more than he said but that is not our business.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus123 For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    ChrisC
    Guest

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    I don't think using pictures where he's wearing sunglasses are a valid comparison.

    I think it's an interesting topic if handled carefully and with the best intentions. Do I think he had more than 3 by 1993? Yeah, probably. Paired with ageing and the other...procedures...he was probably having done.

  26. #15
    Points: 19,891, Level: 89
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,983
    Points
    19,891
    Level
    89
    Thanks
    1,938
    Thanked 4,409 Times in 1,596 Posts

    Default Re: Did MJ lie about the amount of surgery he had?

    I have no doubts that Michael has not been honest about the amount of surgeries he had.

    Photos taken over a ten-year gap show drastic constructive changes that, in my opinion, cannot be obtained by weight loss/gain and/or age (though they certainly can play a factor). The shape of his nose changed drastically, his cheekbones became well-defined, his lips thinned out, so on and so forth.

    It seems as though around the late '90s/early 2000s, Michael's face stopped changing so drastically -- I've seen enough photos from 2001 and 2008 where he looks the same, save for some obvious weight loss.

    But there is no doubt that he had more than "two surgeries" as he once claimed.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •