Michael getting his own statue in Vegas

Bubs

Proud Member
MORE Las Vegas ?@MOREFOX5 6h6 hours ago
ON MORE @ 9 AM - #MichaelJackson is getting his own statue in #Vegas! Details on the unveiling!

@FOX5Vegas

I cannot post the picture of statues, can somebody post it here from the twitter account above?

Cirque tweeted this earlier

Cirque du SoleilVerified account
?@Cirque
#MJONE is celebrating! Something truly iconic will be unveiled this Thursday @MandalayBay! Stay tuned to find out!

Something good is going to happen on MJ's birthday:yes:

I cannot post the picture of statues, can somebody post it here from the twitter account above?

CoYaO23UkAAM-lz.jpg

^ That's the statue they are putting up? if so will this be outdoors at the Mandalay bay or inside just next to 'ONE' .anyone know?

Michael Jackson HIStory statue to be unveiled at Mandalay Bay

By DON CHAREUNSY
NICHE DIVISION OF LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

The Estate of Michael Jackson, Cirque du Soleil’s MICHAEL JACKSON ONE and Mandalay Bay invite the public to join cast members of the popular and critically acclaimed show for the unveiling of Michael Jackson’s HIStory statue at 11:30 a.m. Thursday in Mandalay Bay’s main lobby.

The ceremony will include the unveiling of the statue, a performance by cast members of ONE and photographs with the artists post-performance. Also expected to attend: Jerry Nadal, senior vice president, Resident Shows Division at Cirque, and Darren Davis, Mandalay Bay vice president of Entertainment.

The performance will be to “Scream,” the first single from the “HIStory” album created for this event by cast members. In 1994, Jackson commissioned U.S. sculptor Diana Walczak to create the statue, which became the inspiration for the cover of his fifth solo album “HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 1.” The album became the biggest-selling multiple-disc album worldwide. The 10-foot-tall statue was featured at stops on Jackson’s “HIStory Tour.”

On loan from the Estate of Michael Jackson, the statue is the third piece of memorabilia to be lent by the Estate for display at Mandalay Bay. The other two pieces, Jackson’s red-and-gold military-style jacket from the 1984 American Music Awards and a pair of black loafers and crystal-encrusted white socks, are on display adjacent to the MICHAEL JACKSON ONE boutique.

An additional historic Jackson item from the Estate will be revealed Aug. 27 to kick off a three-day birthday celebration planned for The King of Pop inside the ONE theater. This will be the fourth-annual celebration organized by the Estate and MICHAEL JACKSON ONE for Jackson’s birthday. Jackson died June 25, 2009, in the Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/robin-leach/michael-jackson-history-statue-be-unveiled-mandalay-bay

So its not new statue but the old one that MJ commissioned.

Last edited:
No offense guys but I'm dissapointed that all this time that Murray & rador online have been talking trash bout mj, the estate are more interested in a freaking statue!!! :no:

^^What do you suggest then? Cancel Michael's annual birthday celebrations?

By now you know that media and people can trash talk about Michael all they like because there is no law against it.
They cannot sue Radar because there is no law against bs. What comes to Murray, go and direct your anger towards Katherine as she had a chance to make Murray to disappear by slapping him restitution worth of millions.

Last edited:
Well 3T are suing rador for bs so why is it different for the estate then?

They can sue Radar because Radar used them and named them as boys MJ possibly molested, 3T are plaintiff.
They are not suing because Radar slandered Michael, but sued because Radar slandered and insinuated that MJ molested them - see the difference?

The estate cannot sue because there is no law against libel and slander against dead person.

"Slander is an untrue oral statement made about someone that damages his reputation. Under general legal principles, only a living person can bring a suit for slander because a dead person suffers no harm if his reputation is sullied. In some states, a defamation suit begun by an individual before his death may be continued by his estate."

Last edited:
I like this. Interesting that they are using the history statue as he looks very defiant, standing strong with his hands clenched. And the use of the song Scream. Perhaps making their own statement in a way.

I hope there's video of it.

MORE Las Vegas ?@MOREFOX5 July27th

ON MORE @ 9 AM - #MichaelJackson is getting his own statue in #Vegas! Details on the unveiling!

@FOX5Vegas
proxy.jpg

No offense guys but I'm dissapointed that all this time that Murray & rador online have been talking trash bout mj, the estate are more interested in a freaking statue!!! :no:

No matter what, it's still important that Michael and his legacy as the greatest entertainer to ever grace a stage be celebrated. :)

I guess it is going to be in the main lobby.. So Since it will be indoors according to Vegas news article, that's a good place to have it.. at a large hotels MAIN lobby!

somewhere around here!

http://images.oyster.com/photos/lobby--v1964368-23-720.jpg

maybe right where that circular design on the ground?!!? we will see I guess

They can sue 3T are plaintiff.
They are not suing because Radar slandered Michael, but sued because Radar slandered and insinuated that MJ molested them - see the difference?

The estate cannot sue because there is no law against libel and slander against dead person.
Yes. They can say or write anything they want about Michael now. Please sIgn the petition to change the laws regarding defaming the deceased.

I like this. Interesting that they are using the history statue as he looks very defiant, standing strong with his hands clenched. And the use of the song Scream. Perhaps making their own statement in a way.

I hope there's video of it.
Absolutely perfect especially right now with the Radar, Murray and all the other stuff going on right now. Still standing tall no matter what.

Yes. They can say or write anything they want about Michael now. Please sIgn the petition to change the laws regarding defaming the deceased.

Absolutely perfect especially right now with the Radar, Murray and all the other stuff going on right now. Still standing tall no matter what.

I did sign the petition ages ago:yes:
-------------

That statue on the first page looked like it is a sky high tall, but in the video its rather smallish ("only"10 foot):D

Last edited:
Video up of the preparation and unveiling on Michael's Facebook:

That's very cool.. quick question though, is this a new sculpture or one used during the history tour? to me the texture looks different than the ones used on History but the video seems to advertise it as a 'memorabilia' which does not mean it has to be an original but suitable term for an original..

^Maybe a different material since it was Michael's personally? Said it was the property of the Estate?

ah, I think I found it... Here is an MJ statue at a fan fest in 2011 at the hotel

http://www.************/wp-content/uploads/107.jpg < when I share link it doesn't work.. not sure why

Look like it's it, has same texture.. the Fan fest had a bunch of MJ's property, I would have love to have gone man.... so much stuff they had! All This Is It outfits, the tank from the History tour, the robot face used and the car on moonwalker, random stuff from Neverland, some of his vehicles..

I remember missing this!

Back