Snoop Dogg talks Michael Jackson

You really have nearly 8000 posts ?!
Don't know, I guess. But I joined before that 2011 date. I don't know why it says that. I think it might have happened when the site crashed a few years ago. You can go to the music section and see that I've started threads before 2011. :D

Cool story thank you for sharing! I just don't like how people impersonate Michael. It's so contrived it's kinda ridiculous now. MJ did not talk like that in his late 40's.

Cool story thank you for sharing! I just don't like how people impersonate Michael. It's so contrived it's kinda ridiculous now. MJ did not talk like that in his late 40's.

I guess the voice was exaggerated. However, I was wondering, maybe his voice was high-pitched when he didn't know someone well. I'd ask someone who really knew him if I could. What you wrote reminded me of Seth Riggs not recognizing Michael on the phone hehe. :)

Last edited:
I guess the voice was exaggerated. However, I was wondering, maybe his voice was high-pitched when he didn't know someone well. I'd ask someone who really knew him if I could.
For some reason, I can't see the vid but I can tell by the remarks you're talking about the high pitched voice.
I think you are right. Watched an interview with Emmanuel Lewis where he said "it always went higher when he was, for example, meeting someone new. Just like we all do". Then he said "hi. Pleased to meet you" and Emmanuels voice was more friendly, pleasant, and went up an octave.

We all put on better voices when around new people, making a speech, etc.

(Think Michael's voice wasn't super deep, especially when younger, but it wasn't "affected" like the people who imitate him make it sound.)

Last edited:
Before I even watched the video I KNEW that Snoop had tried to get Michael high. :rofl:
I can't stand when people change their voice like that to imitate Michael though. :/

Last edited:
^^^ It might have been the only attempt hehe. In a podcast (drink champs) uploaded the same week on youtube, one of the hosts asked "Do you have any Michael or Prince stories ?". Snoop said something along the lines of "I do, but they ain't worth telling. I respected them so much as musicians, that I would not smoke around them."

Last edited:
Back