Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So how about the secret unreleased studio l.p. with Stevie Wonder and Michael from the mid 1970's?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 862 Posts

Default remix

Quote Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't care if there was never a new release, if anything I never want his music to be touched by another hand again, unless its demos put available for sale as demos.
    That album is nothing unique. Mike himself participated on Minnie Riperton's Love Lives Forever LP, which is an album of Minnie's vocals with new music and guest singers. When Mike was alive Motown released Farewell My Summer Love which was unreleased J5 era songs with new music overdubbed on them, and the title songs was a minor hit in the US. Mike released 12" singles of remixes while alive. He had nothing or little to do with the remixes, many were done by professional remixers. There's also those Verve remix albums of old jazz songs including Billie Holiday & Sarah Vaughn, Natalie Cole doing duets with her father, etc. Elvis Presley even got hit singles in modern times with remixed songs like A Little Less Conversation & Rubberneckin'. David Bowie released a remix of Fame with Queen Latifah and Sting did a remix of Roxanne with Pras from The Fugees and Puff Daddy. There was the popular Jason Nevins remix of Run-DMC's It's Like That or Moby sampling old blues singers vocals on his dance tracks. So why would you think that Mike's music would get an exception? Paul McCartney released a remix of Say Say Say last year.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,452 Posts

Default Re: So how about the secret unreleased studio l.p. with Stevie Wonder and Michael from the mid 1970'

Smooth, of course people can disagree with me, it's only my opinion. I wasn't looking down on anyone. I just said what I recently came to think myself. I don't get caught up in what others think, that would be ridiculous.

Also Duran, none of what you posted will change my mind about how horrific Xscape was. I'm not even mentioning "Michael". There's a big difference between re-mixing a song and taking an "incomplete" song and making it sh*t. Again, just my opinion (about Xscape, not about the difference between remixing and "finishing").

No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to innuendo141 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,036 Posts

Default Re: So how about the secret unreleased studio l.p. with Stevie Wonder and Michael from the mid 1970'

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRox View Post
    O.k. Wow. Nothing is set in stone. That is comical. Secondly I really hope that people realize the significance and value of something without and before giving into an individuals wishes to be rid of something. Sheesh. Especially as I've said it beyond far likely they are at least incorrect or more likely delusional.
    I don't think it's comical. I value archival material-film and music.

And you said it was merely urban folklore-not fact. But if it is fact, at the end of the day, it is Stevie's-to do with what he wants-as far as I know he has not been diagnosed as incompetent or with Alzheimer's and knows what he is doing with his OWN work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,452 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    I don't think it's comical. I value archival material-film and music.

And you said it was merely urban folklore-not fact. But if it is fact, at the end of the day, it is Stevie's-to do with what he wants-as far as I know he has not been diagnosed as incompetent or with Alzheimer's and knows what he is doing with his OWN work.
    also Barbee, to further cement your point- if Stevie were to suffer either of the above, thankfully his family are very much involved in his work- especially his daughter Aiisha, so at least with the likes of Stevie there are people around who would actually carry out the wishes of the artist and not to certain demands.

No force of nature can break your will to self motivate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to innuendo141 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I imagine there are very exciting things to come from the music industry in the future...if the public are willing to pay for it. Any artist who does not have interesting and worthwhile product from their archives will be left out if hopefully more and more archive releases are done. I would hate to think that would happen to Stevie Wonder...I wish people would not be so passive and willing to be believe whatever and defend what great opportunities might exist in the future.