So how about the secret unreleased studio l.p. with Stevie Wonder and Michael from the mid 1970's?

AlexRox

Proud Member
So how about the secret unreleased studio l.p. that was made with Michael only and Stevie Wonder from the mid 1970's? Does anyone think that that will be saved from the path of Stevie's judgement? Urban folklore says Stevie has demanded his archives be destroyed on his death so no one will hear them or that they can be leaked. I think that is phuck nut crazy and whomever is in charge of his archives should simply break whatever agreement there is concerning that. Stevie has nothing to fear. Just make sure that there is quality control. Simple as that as with anyone else. Of course this secret unreleased studio l.p. that he did between Michael and himself does not have to wait that long to be released either! :cheeky:

I thought that was some Jackson 5 songs. One of the songs (You're Supposed To Keep Your Love For Me) was re-recorded and released on Jermaine's solo album Let's Get Serious. Another song called Buttercup was released by Carl Anderson in the early 1980s, and the J5 version was released on an CD in 2009 called I Want You Back! Unreleased Masters.

Urban folklore says Stevie has demanded his archives be destroyed on his death so no one will hear them or that they can be leaked.
I've heard that. John Fogerty said in his autobiography that he erased most of the CCR songs, demos, and alternate takes that were not released, right after they were recorded. Because he didn't want the label putting them out later. So in John's case he already destroyed them. He said he did this in his solo career too.

Well, that s-hit shouldn't happen! And it should be stopped! S-hit!

Well, that s-hit shouldn't happen! And it should be stopped! S-hit!
He can do what he wants as long as he didn't hand the recordings over to the label. If John recorded 20 songs and turned 12 to the label for an album, he can erase the other 8. If an act owns their master recordings and just leases them to a label for a period of time, same thing. Once the lease period is over and if the act wants to erase it or overdub something on it, they can, it's theirs.

There's a channel on Youtube with unreleased Stevie songs. Some are snippets, some are full songs, and others are songs he sang in concert but never released on a studio version or he gave them to other singers.

Sure I don't doubt that information at all! I'm just saying someone should step in and stop people's archives being destroyed! That's terrible!!!

Well he probably destroys his archives to make absolutely damn sure no one is able to do to him what they've done to Michael jacksons songs. And I'd agree with him.

Thats ts if it's true about the destroying. I don't believe there is a full lp or was one ever done.

Well he probably destroys his archives to make absolutely damn sure no one is able to do to him what they've done to Michael jacksons songs. And I'd agree with him.

Thats ts if it's true about the destroying. I don't believe there is a full lp or was one ever done.

Touche! But still, anything untouched from Stevie would be gold

I don't think Stevie has destroyed his archives! The understanding was that it was to be done upon his death! That should not be allowed to happen! Are you insane?!!! Are you not aware of archive releases?!

I don't think Stevie has destroyed his archives! The understanding was that it was to be done upon his death! That should not be allowed to happen! Are you insane?!!! Are you not aware of archive releases?!
Although I hope Stevie changes his mind and finds the proper person he trusts to handle his unreleased material, why would anyone want to interfere with somebody's will and their own last wishes?? That's set in stone or should be.

Are you not aware of archive releases?!
That is why John Fogerty erased his stuff, he doesn't want it to come out later. John says he didn't think they were much good or he would have released the songs in the first place. It's like Paul McCartney has wanted a few times to release a Beatles song called Carnival Of Light, but Ringo Starr and George Harrison (when he was still alive) vetoed it. George thought the song was "rubbish". It's supposed to be a Revolution 9 sort of avant garde sound collage track. I don't think it's even made it to bootleg. Anyway, in the case of a lot of older records, the master tapes have deteriorated or were lost, especially with small independent labels.

O.k. Wow. Nothing is set in stone. That is comical. Secondly I really hope that people realize the significance and value of something without and before giving into an individuals wishes to be rid of something. Sheesh. Especially as I've said it beyond far likely they are at least incorrect or more likely delusional.

Thirdly, and I can't believe it still has to be said but especially in the case of Michael Jackson, that just because something was not released does not mean that it was bad or not up to snuff. Of course it works the same way that that does not mean it is of quality either but I find it all highly unlikely that the greatest recording artists in the world (and the most successful) have only crap in their archives...or as I said anything that they have to be worried about in terms of what can be learned from them. There isn't even really anything even said that would be a problem. As I said on top of all of that having someone with good and decent judgement can officiate over releases for quality control or whatever else. I also know about "Carnival Of Light". Just because something "doesn't even make it to bootleg" does not have any significance of quality. Wow. Most bootlegs are as such because they are leaked or released illegally. Not because there is anything good about them. History shows very often that there are surprises and usually good ones concerning items that are undiscovered, forgotten, or mistaken about. And I for one sure as hell don't want to ditch everything because of a misunderstanding or one individual being misinformed. That would be so sad. I hope Stevie Wonder has endless hours of anything that he could use to expand his studio l.p.s and future releases. It boggles the mind the possibilities that more than likely exist in the future for most if not all recording artists. No matter what is even really said. If for no other reason people's minds change and sometimes they flip over...I mean I find it profoundly sad that I feel like the only individual who realizes the value of Stevie's and whoever else's work to the extent of comparing it to ISIS destroying the great monuments from history. I hope it will be realized before it is too late.

hits

Secondly I really hope that people realize the significance and value of something without and before giving into an individuals wishes to be rid of something.
Nothing is worth anything. It's only worth something to you because you say so or because Stevie, Mike, and The Beatles are famous. So the labels can continue to make money on them long after they're gone, like Jimi Hendrix, Elvis Presley, & Bob Marley. Not many people care about an album of a local bar band or the many bedroom singers on Youtube, nor music that is not mainstream popular like noise or screamo. There's not going to be a fancy box set for them like Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon gets every few years. To many of the younger generation music is not really worth much. That's why they download it for free, but spend a lot of money on video games, Air Jordans, and cell phones. There's also the case of people calling someone a "one hit wonder", which means only that hit is worth something to a majority, not the rest of their music. There's a whole lot of records that never made it to CD and can't be bought as a download. So how valuable is that out of print music?

To be honest my opinion has changed on all of this because of the way Michael Jacksons music had been treated since he died.

I honestly wouldn't care if there was never a new release, if anything I never want his music to be touched by another hand again, unless its demos put available for sale as demos.

Michael Jackson left me enough material to continue being a fan for the rest of my life. I dont care about how much money his work could make. Xscape was an abomination to me, and proved that no one but Michael Jackson should release Michael Jackson songs.

Screw making money, screw "reaching out to new audiences". His back catalogue will do that better than any piss poor mockery of a "project" that can be thrown at us.

Now, Im about to listen to Dangerous. Good day to you all.

remix

I honestly wouldn't care if there was never a new release, if anything I never want his music to be touched by another hand again, unless its demos put available for sale as demos.
That album is nothing unique. Mike himself participated on Minnie Riperton's Love Lives Forever LP, which is an album of Minnie's vocals with new music and guest singers. When Mike was alive Motown released Farewell My Summer Love which was unreleased J5 era songs with new music overdubbed on them, and the title songs was a minor hit in the US. Mike released 12" singles of remixes while alive. He had nothing or little to do with the remixes, many were done by professional remixers. There's also those Verve remix albums of old jazz songs including Billie Holiday & Sarah Vaughn, Natalie Cole doing duets with her father, etc. Elvis Presley even got hit singles in modern times with remixed songs like A Little Less Conversation & Rubberneckin'. David Bowie released a remix of Fame with Queen Latifah and Sting did a remix of Roxanne with Pras from The Fugees and Puff Daddy. There was the popular Jason Nevins remix of Run-DMC's It's Like That or Moby sampling old blues singers vocals on his dance tracks. So why would you think that Mike's music would get an exception? Paul McCartney released a remix of Say Say Say last year.

Smooth, of course people can disagree with me, it's only my opinion. I wasn't looking down on anyone. I just said what I recently came to think myself. I don't get caught up in what others think, that would be ridiculous.

Also Duran, none of what you posted will change my mind about how horrific Xscape was. I'm not even mentioning "Michael". There's a big difference between re-mixing a song and taking an "incomplete" song and making it sh*t. Again, just my opinion (about Xscape, not about the difference between remixing and "finishing").

O.k. Wow. Nothing is set in stone. That is comical. Secondly I really hope that people realize the significance and value of something without and before giving into an individuals wishes to be rid of something. Sheesh. Especially as I've said it beyond far likely they are at least incorrect or more likely delusional.
I don't think it's comical. I value archival material-film and music.

And you said it was merely urban folklore-not fact. But if it is fact, at the end of the day, it is Stevie's-to do with what he wants-as far as I know he has not been diagnosed as incompetent or with Alzheimer's and knows what he is doing with his OWN work.

I don't think it's comical. I value archival material-film and music.

And you said it was merely urban folklore-not fact. But if it is fact, at the end of the day, it is Stevie's-to do with what he wants-as far as I know he has not been diagnosed as incompetent or with Alzheimer's and knows what he is doing with his OWN work.

also Barbee, to further cement your point- if Stevie were to suffer either of the above, thankfully his family are very much involved in his work- especially his daughter Aiisha, so at least with the likes of Stevie there are people around who would actually carry out the wishes of the artist and not to certain demands.

I imagine there are very exciting things to come from the music industry in the future...if the public are willing to pay for it. Any artist who does not have interesting and worthwhile product from their archives will be left out if hopefully more and more archive releases are done. I would hate to think that would happen to Stevie Wonder...I wish people would not be so passive and willing to be believe whatever and defend what great opportunities might exist in the future.

Back