Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,115 Times in 9,073 Posts

Default A & E Working on a Documentary Series About MJ's Trials

This was posted by Raven Woods on TwitLonger.

Exciting News On New MJ Documentary!

I hope everyone will excuse me for having been a bit out of pocket this past week and a half or so. A recent job promotion (can't argue with blessings) has eaten up a lot of my time recently. Hopefully the dust will settle soon and I'll be able to get back into the groove. But in the meantime, I do want to pass on some rather exciting news. As many of you know, I recently did some pieces on Michael for The Huffington Post. Those articles apparently led a Hollywood producer to discover my blog, and I received a very interesting email which led to a phone conversation.

Turns out, these are the same people behind the very well received documentary "The United Shades of America" which ran on CNN and they are currently working on a series with Martin Sheen that will be broadcast on Investigative Discovery. He told me they are currently developing a documentary on "The Trials of Michael Jackson," a 6-part series that is going to be run on A&E. This will be a series that aims to expose what the media did to Michael and to expose his accusers and their motivations. It will also tie in to a separate but related A&E series on the last 90 days of Michael's life. (I asked him if there was any association with Tavis Smiley's project and he said no; they are totally different projects. He said Smiley's project is still being shopped). Their objective-or at least part of it-is that they want to show how the allegations and the media lynching played a huge part in killing Michael long before his time.Apparently Mary Fisher and Aphrodite Jones are already on board this project.

Anyway, he said he was blown away by the depth of my research that he saw in the articles he read and would like to have me on board this project as a consultant producer. I also told him there were many other very good MJ researchers that I believe he should contact. I am willing to pass on the names and contact information of those who would like to take part, but I want to know that is okay with anyone before I do it so please do let me know. I told him there are so many MJ researchers who work tirelessly and devotedly at what they do, but they simply do not have the platform of mainstream journalists, many of whom are only driven by clicks and profit. It was a very interesting discussion and I felt that these people are sincere in really wanting to get this side of the story out there. It was also encouraging to learn that all of the hard work that many of us have done as researchers and advocates is not in vain. People ARE watching us-and having their eyes opened.

As consultant producer, part of my job will be checking their scripts for accuracy of content. I may also be one of the "talking heads" although I haven't decided about that yet-I'm a very private person and really don't like being in the spotlight too much. But we'll see.

I should be receiving more info in about two weeks. But I wanted to pass this along as it is an exciting development. This is huge, especially with the Wade Robson case pending in just a few months.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp2097

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: CNN are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

Sounds good, but I still fear it will end up a bad mess, AGAIN showing Michael in a horrific and false light. hno:
    "I´m the temple, you can´t hurt me,
    ..I found peace within myself"

...Michael Jackson - Jam

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,847 Times in 3,037 Posts

^^Hmm-this seems almost too good to be true. Hate to be a skeptic. But it's something like this that I hoped for in regards to a HIStory documentary. Maybe they will even pick up where Frontline's "The Tabloid Truth" left off. An excellent doc that no one sees.

Impressed that they reached out to Raven-her recent articles have been superb.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,115 Times in 9,073 Posts

Yes, I will take a sceptical stance until I see it. I am not too trustful of the media. But at least it is a good sign they reached out to someone like Raven and wanted her as a consultant.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,485 Posts

Sounds good and I hope it is true and will show the TRUTH that Mike was set up. Ms A. Jones came around later (she once thought MJ was guilty until she started looking at the facts-which shows she is not bias but was out for the truth-; of course Ms Fisher GQ article about the Chandlers. and Rave woods proved her fairness at a time when it was needed a few months ago. So, it sounds good o me. I prefer this compare to the Reez show on MJ that I do not trust.
    Mike's PYT

8. The Following User Says Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 971 Posts

I hope this isn't a bait and switch type thing.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ms. BlueGangsta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrell View Post
    Sounds good and I hope it is true and will show the TRUTH that Mike was set up. Ms A. Jones came around later (she once thought MJ was guilty until she started looking at the facts-which shows she is not bias but was out for the truth-; of course Ms Fisher GQ article about the Chandlers. and Rave woods proved her fairness at a time when it was needed a few months ago. So, it sounds good o me. I prefer this compare to the Reez show on MJ that I do not trust.

Yes but Jones is not sure about the Chandler case which is ridiculous since there is as much evidence for MJ's innocence in that case as in the Arvizo case
    and Fisher held onto the Sodyum Amytal story which is shaky.

I don't think they will cover everything that needs to be covered even if they know MJ was innocent and want to expose his accusers.
    CNN would expose the media? They ARE the media and they were not much better toward MJ than the rest of the pack.
    I'm sceptical that they are honest and sincere.

What gives me hope is that Martin Sheen is a decent guy I don't think he would support something blatantly unfair.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,258 Times in 1,235 Posts

I hope not too. It's not as if the industry has been interested in telling the truth before so why now? I just hope Raven Woods looks into them very carefully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Culture changes, fashion change, customs change, great music is immortal." - MJ

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

The documentary with Martin Sheen is an investigative look into the OJ Simpson trial titled "Hard Evidence, OJ Is Innocent". It's basically presenting evidence that OJ isn't guilty of the murders.

So who knows?
    https://corporate.discovery.com/disc...-martin-sheen/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Culture changes, fashion change, customs change, great music is immortal." - MJ

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
    The documentary with Martin Sheen is an investigative look into the OJ Simpson trial titled "Hard Evidence, OJ Is Innocent". It's basically presenting evidence that OJ isn't guilty of the murders.

So who knows?
    https://corporate.discovery.com/disc...-martin-sheen/
    Well this doesn't help. I can hear them saying well these are the same idiots who told us OJ was innocent too.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,847 Times in 3,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redfrog View Post
    Yes but Jones is not sure about the Chandler case which is ridiculous since there is as much evidence for MJ's innocence in that case as in the Arvizo case
    and Fisher held onto the Sodyum Amytal story which is shaky.

I don't think they will cover everything that needs to be covered even if they know MJ was innocent and want to expose his accusers.
    CNN would expose the media? They ARE the media and they were not much better toward MJ than the rest of the pack.
    I'm sceptical that they are honest and sincere.

What gives me hope is that Martin Sheen is a decent guy I don't think he would support something blatantly unfair.
    I'm not such a fan of Aphrodite Jones-even before she said that about her doubts on the Chandler case.

I was really excited to finally get my hands on her book a few years ago, and I was immediately put off by reading the intro-where she explained that she thought he was guilty, etc. until she looked at the facts. However, she talked about driving out to Neverland with Friedman and yakking with the fans, and the entire book is written as he is totally innocent and pro Michael from the get go-no skepticism. And yes, he was, BUT you'd think she would write that the jury told her this, or that testimony told her that-and therefore, she changed her mind, and understood the truth or something-it's all very one sided. From what she said on Fox, that was NOT the attitude she had during the court case.

I just had that awful feeling while reading the book, she was pandering to fans. Just like that day she spent in Neverland.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    I'm not such a fan of Aphrodite Jones-even before she said that about her doubts on the Chandler case.

I was really excited to finally get my hands on her book a few years ago, and I was immediately put off by reading the intro-where she explained that she thought he was guilty, etc. until she looked at the facts. However, she talked about driving out to Neverland with Friedman and yakking with the fans, and the entire book is written as he is totally innocent and pro Michael from the get go-no skepticism. And yes, he was, BUT you'd think she would write that the jury told her this, or that testimony told her that-and therefore, she changed her mind, and understood the truth or something-it's all very one sided. From what she said on Fox, that was NOT the attitude she had during the court case.

I just had that awful feeling while reading the book, she was pandering to fans. Just like that day she spent in Neverland.
    What bothers me is that she supposedly had the Mitteager-Pellicano tape which itself proves that
    Chandler was not molested. On that tape Pellicano talked about the interview he had with Jordan
    and how he shrugged the whole thing off, he only cared about his video games and didn't act like an abuse victim at all
    and denied being molested.
    Pelicano said those things long after he stopped working for MJ so that was no reason for him to lie.
    How can Jones listen to that tape and still doubt MJ's innocence?
    For one thing if he had been guilty he would have not let anyone let alone an Italian with nine kids interview Jordan!
    He would have been afraid that Jordan would spill the beans and then Pelicano would turn on him.

So if Jones tell these guys despite that evidence that she is not sure then she is quite useless.

BTW this is not being done by CNN but these guys:

http://www.objectivemediagroup.co.uk...view/jimmy-fox
    Last edited by redfrog; 27-08-2016 at 09:21 PM.

elusive moonwalker

Believe this doc when i see it or if it just ends up been shown on some obscure channel with no promo etc. Just like with mike tiabbi its against the agenda of the mainstream media

A Jones is a fake ass tabloid reporter.anyone who was around in 03-05 got to see that. Flip flop flip flop

20. The Following User Says Thank You to elusive moonwalker For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks

Great news for Raven, but I can help feeling skeptical about these things.....remember Martin Bashir? I just don't trust the media when it comes to MJ!
    Last edited by Goddess4Real; 28-08-2016 at 01:46 AM.
    Keep Calm & Listen to MJ

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goddess4Real For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

I find it difficult to believe that Hollywood has had a change of heart and is now going to be objective and tell the truth. What they say they want to do and what actually shows up on the screen can be two very different things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post: