Should "Dangerous 25" be called "D25"?

AlexRox

Proud Member
Should "Dangerous 25" be called "D25"?! :chillin::yes::shades::king::dntknw::question::unsure::yes:

Last edited:
Dangerous 25 or D25 ain't happening. Sorry to tell you that.

No reason to be so settled with your statement there! How would you know? Neither the Estate nor Sony have confirmed anything yet! As it was "Bad 25" did worldwide sales of a million copies which was almost as much as "Xscape", right? There will be a "Dangerous 25". So I am asking for those of you who care do you think it should called "D25"?

As it was "Bad 25" did worldwide sales of a million copies which was almost as much as "Xscape", right?

You keep saying that but (as far as I'm aware) have yet to back that up with actual sources. No where have I seen Bad 25 do anywhere near that much...

is that really something to start a thread for when there's already a Dangerous 25 thread? :doh:

Dangerous 25 is better. I don't think it's going to happen. It would be great but it feels unlikely.

I'd go with:

DANGEROUS
25th Anniversary Edition
"The greatest Album of the 90's & one of the greatest of all time"

This is the most important issue in my life right now.....

what would be the point of D25 lol
Bad 25 or Thriller 25 wasn't called B25 or T25

If it was coming out, it would be called Dangerous25 and nicknamed D25.

But it's not coming out, so.

Don't see it happening to be honest. The original album was called Dangerous not D so not sure why they would change the title? Fans would call it D25 as shorthand like anything else.

Unreleased tracks probably sell better on the "new album" concept. I don't believe Bad25 performed as well as expected.

I think this thread was just to bring the d25 subject bk up & yes d25 would just be used as short form instead of saying/typing thee entire word

I would love a Dangerous 25 release. I remember when the album was released and watching news reports from America of record stores selling out of copies and not being able to get enough stock back in because of the demand. I don't mean to be negative about the release itself, I just don't feel they'll do it at this stage, but you never know, Paul Simon's Graceland 25th Anniversay Edition came out a year late and so have others. What I would love at this point is in the studio and behind the scenes of the short films and basically any footage of MJ during the making of the album. Reading about this era at the moment and how Decade was scrapped for Dangerous.

I would love a Dangerous 25 release. I remember when the album was released and watching news reports from America of record stores selling out of copies and not being able to get enough stock back in because of the demand. I don't mean to be negative about the release itself, I just don't feel they'll do it at this stage, but you never know, Paul Simon's Graceland 25th Anniversay Edition came out a year late and so have others. What I would love at this point is in the studio and behind the scenes of the short films and basically any footage of MJ during the making of the album. Reading about this era at the moment and how Decade was scrapped for Dangerous.
that would be so awesome to have! I've always wanted to see more footage of him in the studio

that would be so awesome to have! I've always wanted to see more footage of him in the studio

Yeah! Aside from Bad 25 (and even then), I never felt there was enough material out there - photo or videos - of Michael in the studio. You know what'd be amazing? If the Estate put out this nice huge book, a few hundred pages long, filled to the brim with photos of Michael working in the studio :)

there's plenty of pictures of him in the studio, I want footage :D

He looked incredible during the making of the dangerous album. Would love any footage at all.

Lougrizli! Someone is getting WEIRD! LOL! Too funny! Too good! :eek::rofl: Remember! D,B,T is easy as 1,2,3! :popcorn:

do you have any pics?
No pics but I do remember seeing a very brief clip of him and he looked slick. I think he was sitting on a couch in the studio. I remember getting Smash Hits at the time with pictures of him but I think those were during the making of the Black or White video, just wearing jeans and a shirt I think. Probably nothing you haven't seen since you've seen everything. :lol:

^^I thought I saw a different one to that clip but I also remember this one. Perhaps I was mixing it up with something else. Would love to see a making of the album documentary with footage from the sessions and all involved talking about the making.

I love all the concerts but I think I've had my fill at this stage. A making of documentary with tons of unseen footage would be my on my most wanted list. After reading about the recording sessions I just want to see anything available from them now. The behind the scenes footage that leaked of Black Or White earlier in the year was one of the best things I've seen in awhile.

are you sure about that :lol:
No, not really. :lol:

I'd just love to see something unique at this point. When you see clips of recording sessions for Bad and Dangerous and read and hear from engineers and producers how incredible making the records were, it just makes you wonder what have they got in the vault. They must have endless amounts of footage, or someone somewhere does. The behind the scenes footage of the Bad Tour; MJ in his hotel and throwing signed pictures out the the window, as he's walking to the stage, incredible footage of him performing shot from behind him looking out into the crowds. The behind the scenes footage of short films like BOW and Ghosts. I mean surely The Making Of Thriller and Ghosts has to be released on dvd at some point, before dvd is a thing of the past which it is almost getting to that point.

I'm done with concerts entirely personally.

Most of Michael's performances, while absolutely electrifying, are mirror images of one another in my opinion. The same mark hit at the same time, the same leg kick at the same time - nothing is all that special at this point. Watching Bucharest '92 and Buenos Aires '93 is essentially like watching the entire two-year run of the Dangerous tour.

Sure, some will have a touch more energy than others, but nothing to the point that I'm simply dying to watch it.

I'm vying for a making-of documentary. Studio footage, anecdotes from the album personnel, insight on the overall tour process, maybe a few live performance clips here and there... could make for an excellent watch.

Just drop Spike Lee and get Ron Howard as the director.

Back