Should there ever be a new studio l.p. released without an entire audio and filmed concert again?!

AlexRox

Proud Member
:idea: Should there ever be a new studio l.p. released without an entire audio and filmed concert again?! :unsure::brow::thinking::whisperinginear: I await your response my fellow human beings! :popcorn:

100% yes.

I have absolutely zero interest in seeing any more concerts as it is. New music/material always comes above a new concert.

absolutely not. all I care about from the estate, is a new concert

absolutely not. all I care about from the estate, is a new concert
Me too-and I want them to be specifically the Triumph Tour, the Victory Tour and the Jackson 5 at the LA forum. I want good copies with books of photos that I can hold in my hand.

Last edited:
Me too-and I want them to be specifically the Triumph Tour, the Victory Tour and the Jackson 5 at the LA forum. I want good copies with books of photos that I can hold in my hand.

what I want more than anything is a J5 concert

Perfect. Give me that and then that can be it.

Nothing else. Let's leave it on a perfect high.

The estate should have released both wembley concerts in an album, similar to the Queen 'Live at the Rainbow '74' album, in which there is 2 different concerts from the same year and venue.

What do you mean by "both"? There were FIFTEEN concerts done at Wembley Stadium during his lifetime. SEVEN from "The Bad World Tour 1987-1989".

As far as the family band is considered, the Triumph and Victory tours should certainly be released if high quality masters are at the estate's disposal. The Jacksons Live CD is absolutely outstanding, particularly Michael's live vocals.

But the Bad and Dangerous tours? They've had their moment in the spotlight. (Let's just not mention History.)

Watching a Michael Jackson live show, you know what to anticipate. Hearing a new album, you never know what the song is going to sound like, how long it is, what vocal style it will be, what the lyrics will reflect, his vocal performance... that's a COMPLETE surprise.

That's why new LP ranks #1 for me.

What do you mean by "both"? There were FIFTEEN concerts done at Wembley Stadium during his lifetime. SEVEN from "The Bad World Tour 1987-1989".

Both Wembley concerts that were recorded on multitracks, that would be July 15th and July 16th.

Are you asking if they should release a new concert with every album release? Of course not but a new concert every now and then would be great.

I want every piece of footage of Michael working his craft... I will never get it all but I will take what I can!

I have no interest in seeing another concert release. Once you've seen one you've seen them all unfortunately, there are exceptions, obviously, but Michael's performance style was extremely rehearsed and in general every concert from every tour was the same. New music and/or studio or rehearsal footage is where we should be going.

I have no interest in seeing another concert release. Once you've seen one you've seen them all unfortunately, there are exceptions, obviously, but Michael's performance style was extremely rehearsed and in general every concert from every tour was the same. New music and/or studio or rehearsal footage is where we should be going.

Not always. Another Part of Me was very different from when Michael started to perform it to Wembley for example.

There seemed to be many variations to his Billie Jean performances, particularly the dance over the drums at the end when he put the hat back on. Sometimes he would do variations of the moonwalk, the robot, sometimes it was was short, sometimes longer...That seemed to always be spontaneous. I guess the band had to just get a feel for it and be prepared his signal to end, which I guess was whenever he would say "Billie Jean..."

There seemed to be many variations to his Billie Jean performances, particularly the dance over the drums at the end when he put the hat back on. Sometimes he would do variations of the moonwalk, the robot, sometimes it was was short, sometimes longer...That seemed to always be spontaneous. I guess the band had to just get a feel for it and be prepared his signal to end, which I guess was whenever he would say "Billie Jean..."

exactly. no performances are the same

They mostly are in my opinion. It's been a while since I saw a show where Michael did something that I'd never seen before. Everything is a variation of something he had done before.

Billie Jean is largely the same every night. The moves may go in a different order, sure, but they all appear nonetheless.

Not knocking the performances. Everything simply begins to bleed together for me.

The public, consumers, and fans should be allowed to decide themselves! Otherwise what was the point of filming everything professionally, duh.

The public, consumers, and fans should be allowed to decide themselves! Otherwise what was the point of filming everything professionally, duh.

Not everything was filmed professionally.

If the consumers were given the chance of deciding what should be released, I would bet that an album would be chosen. There simply isn't much demand for a new Michael Jackson concert outside of the core fan community.

WOW! Where are you getting this cockamee business?! You are talking about one of the world's greatest live performers of all time!! It's already known just about everything under the sun was professionally filmed! Don't even try with saying it wasn't! Are you KIDDING ME?!

WOW! Where are you getting this cockamee business?! You are talking about one of the world's greatest live performers of all time!! It's already known just about everything under the sun was professionally filmed! Don't even try with saying it wasn't! Are you KIDDING ME?!

*rubs temples* Okay, here we go.

It depends on your definition of "professionally filmed". If you mean the utilization of a full film crew, complete with several cameras printing footage to film reels and recording the audio on multi track to be remixed/mastered for a home media release on DVD (and even the possibility of a Blu-Ray remaster), then you're wrong. Very few concerts were approached in that manner.

Munich 1997 and Bucharest 1992 were, for example.

All other footage that you've seen comes from Jumbotron feeds. They are produced solely for the concert audience to see, and are printed down to Umatic tapes. This isn't a "professional recording" - it's a camera feed that can be poorly shot, as it is always in the moment.

That's where the Wembley DVD came from: Michael's VHS copy of the Jumbotron feed.

Most of the Umatics produced have been lost overtime. The few that the estate have at their disposal are unusable (mainly due to audio problems), which is precisely why they went with a 25 year old VHS for a professional release.

In short, very little was PROFESSIONALLY recorded. Anything that was recorded from a Jumbotron feed and archived may not exist anymore, or may be in a place that the estate is unaware of or cannot get access. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

As far as the public demand for a concert release - sorry. That's how it is. The fan community (especially here) would love it, but as far as commercial enthusiasm is concerned, the demand is minuscule. It certainly would garner sales, but the last seven years have shown that if the estate wants a legitimate commercial success, a new studio LP is the way to go.

Live at Wembley worldwide sales - estimated 500,000
Michael worldwide sales - estimated 2 million
Xscape worldwide sales - estimated 2.3 million

Don't forget the 2nd leg of the Destiny Tour and early J5 concerts! :)

Most of the Umatics produced have been lost overtime. The few that the estate have at their disposal are unusable (mainly due to audio problems),

Let's say you're right that the audio is not top notch, the fact of the matter is then that that is the situation we have to face. What's the alternative, never release another Michael Jackson concert again? Now that would be ludicrous. If the audio sounds like the Japan and Brisbane bootleg or TWYMMF from the 15th then I'll embrace it with open arms. The Estate seemed to imply that FOH (Front House Mixes) was unsuable which is laughable.

They talked so much about how the audio for the wembley was perfectly captured and recorded but they couldn't even mix it properly! Yokohama has a better mix than Wembley.

And also footage from the Jumbotrone feed is professional. Suggesting otherwise is silly.

exactly. no performances are the same

Agreed!
That's why I go off on people when they say that Michael was a repetitive dancer/performer.
I have no problem with people saying that he could have switched up things a bit more because that's their opinion, but to say he was repetitive/did the same thing every time is a bold face lie.

You for real though?

Last edited:
I want a new album badly. That's all I care about atm. I hate how they only released 8 songs on Xscape. I want a 14-15 track album.

Don't forget the 2nd leg of the Destiny Tour and early J5 concerts! :)
haha-I was trying not to be greedy and pin it down to the 3 I most want-the kids at the Forum would represent the early J5 concerts (and that album is terrific) and the Triumph Tour would be a great combination of the 2nd leg of Destiny and the Triumph album-when they were men, not kids and they were such a cohesive unit-working together so well-just such a unified group that supported all of Michael's strengths. (and again, THAT album was also terrific).

And then, of course, I want Victory, because that's really the Thriller Tour. :)

Let's say you're right that the audio is not top notch, the fact of the matter is then that that is the situation we have to face. What's the alternative, never release another Michael Jackson concert again? Now that would be ludicrous. If the audio sounds like the Japan and Brisbane bootleg or TWYMMF from the 15th then I'll embrace it with open arms. The Estate seemed to imply that FOH (Front House Mixes) was unsuable which is laughable.

They talked so much about how the audio for the wembley was perfectly captured and recorded but they couldn't even mix it properly! Yokohama has a better mix than Wembley.

And also footage from the Jumbotrone feed is professional. Suggesting otherwise is silly.

TWYMMF was also captured on multi track. The 15th and 16th of Wembley both were!

FOH mixes are unsuitable for CD releases, which is why Yokohama wasn't chosen for release in 2012. It's damn near impossible to contain reverb, crowd noise, microphone feedback when applicable, so on and so forth. It would do fine for a future DVD release, but not for another live album.

I believe the estate also said at some point that the main problem wasn't the means of audio capture, but that many tapes were damaged beyond the point of repair both audibly and visually.

There are a few side-by-side comparisons of the Wembley DVD + amateur footage from the same show that implicates that this may have been an issue for the July 16th show (most recognizably during Billie Jean) and that footage from the previous night may have been used.

I wouldn't say that Jumbotron footage should be considered "professional". It isn't designed to capture the best angles or accurately cover the stage, but rather to give the audience too far away from the stage to witness everything first hand an opportunity to see what's going on. There's a clear difference between professional filming and Jumbotron captures.

Compare Munich 1997 to, say, Helsinki 1996 or Bucharest 1996.

Jumbotron captures would certainly do fine for a future release, but suggesting that it was "professionally filmed" implies that everything was captured with the extensiveness of Munich or Bucharest 1992 and is of the utmost quality, which unfortunately isn't true.

Beyond that, I feel as though Michael's solo tours shouldn't be released for a very, very long time. They've had their time in the spotlight. Let's shine a light on the Victory tour. Or throw out the still unseen This Is It rehearsals. Or, if we're lucky enough, locate and cut together the One Night Only footage.

I wouldn't say that Jumbotron footage should be considered "professional". It isn't designed to capture the best angles or accurately cover the stage, but rather to give the audience too far away from the stage to witness everything first hand an opportunity to see what's going on. There's a clear difference between professional filming and Jumbotron captures.

Compare Munich 1997 to, say, Helsinki 1996 or Bucharest 1996.

Jumbotron captures would certainly do fine for a future release, but suggesting that it was "professionally filmed" implies that everything was captured with the extensiveness of Munich or Bucharest 1992 and is of the utmost quality, which unfortunately isn't true.

Agreed. Also, you never see any of the audience and while I know many fans have been scorned by Bucharest 92's over-exposure of the audience, it's awesome to see the audience every once in a while. Balance is important (with it mostly leaning towards footage of Michael obviously).

It helps build the atmosphere of the show, giving you not only an idea of the sheer scale of people Michael was performing to but the wide diversity too! I love seeing fans do their own little things too, little dances, fainting, singing along with their friends. Shows the power of Michael's music :)

One of my favourite kind of shots is when Michael is performing and one of the camera operator's walks out on stage behind Michael so we see Michael performing with a backdrop of tens of thousands of people!!! So incredible.

Last edited:
Back