Eaten Alive (Michael Jackson version) Does it exist?

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
Wow,

I'm now listening for the first time to Eaten Alive from Diana Ross which was written and produced by Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb. What a song! This track is so amazing! I am really listening to it a very high level on my stereo. Man this track is great!

So the question is, did Michael ever record a solo version of this song? The production and vocals has MJ all over it! Please let this be true. The production is so complex and balanced! Very funky! Auuuw!

Yes, I agree. It is a great song. It isn't even really background vocal that MJ sings - it is more like a duet. His vocals become dominant towards the end. LOL.

A demo was apparently done in Los Angeles in April/May 1985!

I love his voice here. It's really a blend between Thriller and Bad. Imagine a modern drum production of this song. It would be a smash hit with an animated video to accompany it.

(Dreams on)

Didnt Barry release a demos album called "The Eaten Alive Sessions/Demos" which contained demos from that time EXCLUDING Eaten Alive?

Didnt Barry release a demos album called "The Eaten Alive Sessions/Demos" which contained demos from that time EXCLUDING Eaten Alive?

Yeah, but as far as i know it didn't contain a Michael solo version.?

Yeah, but as far as i know it didn't contain a Michael solo version.?

Yeah, I remember a very disappointing link-click on iTunes at the time! Even Chain Reaction was left out! The two hits!

According to Wiki internet, there is a Michael demo- but we all know how Wiki isn't exactly a reliable source

Wow,

I'm now listening for the first time to Eaten Alive from Diana Ross which was written and produced by Michael Jackson and Barry Gibb. What a song! This track is so amazing! I am really listening to it a very high level on my stereo. Man this track is great!

So the question is, did Michael ever record a solo version of this song? The production and vocals has MJ all over it! Please let this be true. The production is so complex and balanced! Very funky! Auuuw!

That track is an absolute killer! I'm sure there is a solo demo. What kind of audio system do you have?

That track is an absolute killer! I'm sure there is a solo demo. What kind of audio system do you have?

I hope there is!

I have:
four Klipsch XF-48 floor standing speakers (each with their own amps built in; active speakers
A Klipsch RP-450C center speaker
One Klipsch R-115SW Subwoofer

At the center of it all a Marantz 6010 AV-receiver. The source of the song is taken from an expanded edition of Diana's album in high resolution audio played via HDMI.

I hope there is!

I have:
four Klipsch XF-48 floor standing speakers (each with their own amps built in; active speakers
A Klipsch RP-450C center speaker
One Klipsch R-115SW Subwoofer

At the center of it all a Marantz 6010 AV-receiver. The source of the song is taken from an expanded edition of Diana's album in high resolution audio played via HDMI.

Wow that's a killer sound system! Have you listened to Thriler SACD? IF you have, how is it compared to the CD and vinyl?

Absolutely love this song.
It's from the days that the first wave of digital hardware replaced the analog equipment in the studios, introducing sampling machines etc.

Also check out the extended mix from the 12" Single. It's even better.

I compiled a little mini pre-Bad album for myself with songs like this and
Torture, Tell me I'm not dreaming, Get It, Somebodies watching me, We Are here to change the world, some BAD outtakes etc.

Last edited:
Wow that's a killer sound system! Have you listened to Thriler SACD? IF you have, how is it compared to the CD and vinyl?

Thanks!

The SACD version of Thriller sounds no better than the CD version. But it is better than the vinyl version. (I own a first pressing of the LP).

Also, in my opinion the best version of Thriller and all of his other albums are still the 2001 cd remasters.

Don't people go on about the Master US pressing as being the best? Or something... Only new to all this recently, but I have never heard the SACD.

I'm quite happy with my original(ish) pressing. Sounds crisp. Recently reverted to my pre-2001 SE CDs and Im quite surprised at how they sound.

In the end it's all a matter of taste. I prefer the 2001 cd master. It sounds modern, but not brickwalled at the same time. Very good dynamic range. Soft sounds are soft and louder sounds are loud. In my opinion there is a perfect balance between the two.

The SACD version is in my opinion very good, but it's not a master which uses the full potential of the format unlike the 2001 cd version.

Experience from this album is absolutely amazing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back