Michael and Disney

mjprince1976

Proud Member
Country
New-Zealand
Something that is always fascinated me, how deep into Disney was Michael.

We all know about Captain EO and his visiting Disney world many times, but was Michael an investor in Disney
as well. I ask as I have grown up with Diney characters and are a guilty pleasure fan (Another gay bear stereotype I own up to-
Disney obsession). Seriously I watch videos or Disney cruises and the history of Disney world attractions and just wonder how much MIchael would have loved them and maybe had he invested some of his money in these ventures (Imagine Pixar orEpcot for example) how he would have had more joy Disney wise.

There was a lot of Disney stuff with Michael on the net, videos of his visits and of course him singing Follow the Road for the 25th anniversary in 1980, a Thriller era visit to Disneyland (The last time he went in undisguised). He went many times afterwardseither disguised or after hours so he could relax, but was Disney in tight with Michael (After all did they stand with him after the trials). We all know he loved other theme parks too like Huis ten bosch in Japan and of course had his own at Neverland.

Just curious, because If I ever get to Disneyland or Disneyworld USA, I somehow always think of Michael Jackson.:wild:

a Thriller era visit to Disneyland (The last time he went in undisguised).

While not the original Anaheim Disneyland, Michael took Prince, Paris and Blanket to Disneyland Paris in 2006 without wearing a disguise:
Michael_Jackson2_2006.jpg

Something that is always fascinated me, how deep into Disney was Michael.

We all know about Captain EO and his visiting Disney world many times, but was Michael an investor in Disney as well.

We should not forget also that, according to Polish media, MJ wanted to build a wholly new Disneyland-style theme park in Warsaw in 1996 - 1997. It was meant to be an investment that amounted nearly to 100 million U.S. dollars!

For this reason, MJ during that period visited few times the capital of Poland (for example, during his HIStory Tour visit there in 1996, or right before his HIStory Bremen concert in May 1997).

MJ along with locals inspected (by means of a helicopter, mainly) some potential, historic places in which that park was about to be erected.

Unfortunately, that project never came to fruition.

I remember the story about the Polish theme park, all rumours and rubbish of course, but one of the reasons it got shot dwn wa sthe Polish authorities over doubts of MJ as a suitable role model for children in the midst of the Jordan Charmatz rumours. Conservative governments are often the last to accept when someone is innocent.

It seems that he was still very interested in Disney, but I suspect had he been a bit more rich and powerful, he may have wanted a string of Michael Jackson theme parks, but thsi would have been hard as the shit would hit the fan once some unsupervide kid or moron ended up dying on a ride and the family sued and if Disney got angry if someone they thought was an ally was going against them.

Still, a Michael Jackson theme park - hell I would go. Thriller ghost train through the Thriller and Dangerous rollercoasters, down to the innocent Break of Dawn teacups and the Bad refreshment stands, and the ride that tips you upside down called off the Wall.

mjprince1976;4170890 said:
I remember the story about the Polish theme park, all rumours and rubbish of course, but one of the reasons it got shot dwn wa sthe Polish authorities over doubts of MJ as a suitable role model for children in the midst of the Jordan Charmatz rumours. Conservative governments are often the last to accept when someone is innocent.

That 1997 Polish park was only a part of many family-oriented ventures that MJ & Prince al-Waleed bin Talal were about to undertake in the following years (under their joint venture named ‘Kingdom Entertainment’). Even a preliminary agreement was signed between the involved parties regarding that Polish theme park. Also, Saudi Prince himself was an investor in Disney at that time (by owning Disney-issued shares).

“… As an example we intend to be active in theme parks, hotels, animation…” (Michael Jackson, 1996)

So, that Disneyland-style theme park that was not rumors or rubbish.

mjprince1976;4170890 said:
It seems that he was still very interested in Disney, but I suspect had he been a bit more rich and powerful, he may have wanted a string of Michael Jackson theme parks, but thsi would have been hard as the shit would hit the fan once some unsupervide kid or moron ended up dying on a ride and the family sued and if Disney got angry if someone they thought was an ally was going against them.

A bit more rich & powerful?

MJ could have collected in next to no time as much money as he wanted to & invested that money in theme parks (not exclusively in Michael Jackson theme parks) during those years.

Here is an example: MJ in 1996 led a group of US investors with a view to creating an amusement park in Civitavecchia (a small town some kilometers outside from Rome), reportedly at 700 US million dollars budget.

That Italy-located park did not come into realization too, but as we know in the business field not all of the potential projects are expected to be eventually fulfilled.

Back