Liberian Girl gets shown some love by Southern University.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
I found this on youtube, and I figured I'd post it here.
Check it out, it's really cool!
I think that Liberian Girl is underrated, so this vid made me pretty happy. :)

It's good to see unpopular songs to the general public are getting some attention as well! Love it!

Liberian Girl was played on Urban Radio in 1987 even more than the Bad single when it was on the top of the charts

Those sparkly cloves didn't go unnoticed:clapping:

Now this is what I like to see!

Nice that this gem got some attention. Rightfully one of Michael's most unique and gorgeous numbers.

I truly loved it. I'm sure Michael would be humbled by this. I've also enjoyed the female dancers!

I used to play in a marching band in high school and wow, this band can blow! What a big band, too. I remember the crowd sitting next to us always loved the loudness and the drum cadences. And I'll always think of this song as Librarian Girl...it makes me happy.

In Barbados, we honour and revere Michael. In the Bad era we would hear "Bad", "TWYMMF", "Liberian Girl", "APOM", "MITM", "Dirty Diana" and "Smooth Criminal" at LEAST four times a day.

And that is a tradition that continued right through to "Invincible".

In Barbados, we honour and revere Michael. In the Bad era we would hear "Bad", "TWYMMF", "Liberian Girl", "APOM", "MITM", "Dirty Diana" and "Smooth Criminal" at LEAST four times a day.

And that is a tradition that continued right through to "Invincible".

Aw, that's great!
Barbados sounds like a great place. :yes:

Back