Michael Celebrated!! His Legacy Lives on Forever!

barbee0715

Proud Member
I think it's real easy to read all the tabloid "headlines" and get easily mired by the trials, the books, the jokes, the falsehoods that surround Michael each and every day-even now-and yes, it's depressing. But I was just watching PDP's great post on Southern University Band playing the heck out of "Liberian Girl" and was thinking his music, his choreography, his art are just going to live on forever.
He continues to be celebrated each and every day. In the last two weeks alone, three national broadcast networks showcased Michael's music and art on their BIG shows-LipSync Battle, Dancing with the Stars, and the Voice. And the live audiences went crazy-as I'm sure people did at home.

I thought this might be a good place to post vids of when the networks showcase Michael's art-so we can celebrate too-not a traditional tribute to Michael, or a fan video, but professionals that continue to use his work that bring pleasure to huge audiences.

So, I'll post the three I mentioned:
LIP SYNC BATTLE: Oscar winners and nominees, Emmy winners and nominees lead the all star cast in this season's show-and promote the show using "Beat It."

This is Laurie Hernandez dancing to "The Way You Make Me Feel" on DWTS. They had a great pre-dance interview with her where she said repeatedly how much she loved Michael-and how she dressed up as him twice for Halloween. She's only sixteen and she's one of our Gold Medal winning Olympic winners this year!! I loved how they used the iconic choreography, but built up the girl's part. It was TERRIFIC.

And The Voice: Billy Gilman (remember the great child singer from the 2001 MSG Tribute show? He sang Ben)-he's all grown up and looking for a comeback-and they chose "Man in the Mirror" to "battle" it out and Billy proceeded to the next round. Go Billy!!

Great thread!
Despite all of the negativity thrown Michael's way nothing can take away what he accomplished, and he has left legacy that's unparalleled by any other artist.

Great thread!
Despite all of the negativity thrown Michael's way nothing can take away what he accomplished, and he has left legacy that's unparalleled by any other artist.
I was inspired by watching your band play "Liberian Girl." I know he'll never die with his hard core fans, but it gives me such a thrill to see his work appreciated by the general public in this way. It really does.

Ran across this on my newsfeed today-I was astonished-these brothers are really great!!!! (Their haircuts remind me of the Jackson 5 before Motown gave them their afros-those early pix).

Ran across this on my newsfeed today-I was astonished-these brothers are really great!!!! (Their haircuts remind me of the Jackson 5 before Motown gave them their afros-those early pix).

That was amazing

Woah. Their voices were spot on, especially the kid singing Michael's parts. Awww^_^

Back