'WHY' - 3T & Michael Jackson - MJ only version??

mnwlkr

Proud Member
Hi all, can anyone provide any further information regarding the song 'WHY' and whether an MJ only version exists out there somewhere? Multitracks? I am really into this song at the moment.

They (3t) said they have never even heard those vocals. They said he gave them the song & let them have it as long as they kept him on the chorus

mnwlkr;4171592 said:
Hi all, can anyone provide any further information regarding the song 'WHY' and whether an MJ only version exists out there somewhere? Multitracks? I am really into this song at the moment.

We cannot be sure whether a MJ’s solo version of the song ‘Why’ still exists/is available.

But we do know that (according to Tito’s son Taryll) a solo version of that song, at some point in the past, had already been recorded before MJ decided to turn that song into a duet with them (3T):

“… So we could have the song [‘Why’], but under one condition: we should keep his voice on it. So we kept the chorus as it was, sang by Michael, and we re-sang the verses … You should hear Michael's version of ‘Why’, that would be cool…” (Taryll Adren Jackson)

Finally, I think ‘Why’ sounds overly mellifluous (in terms of production), which probably explains its exclusion from the ‘HIStory’ album.

I love this song. 3T's voices arent exactly spectacular, but the chorus is gorgeous. Reminds me of probably the best time for being an MJ fan. Things happening left right and centre from 95/97.

No solo version of "Why" exists, unfortunately.

Taryll said elsewhere that the only version that exists is a demo with Babyface on the verses and Michael on the chorus. I'll update with the source and a direct quote when I can find it!

Not knocking 3T's voice but this would be a very special song to hear with just MJ's voice.. when he comes in in the version we know, it takes it to another level!

Not knocking 3T's voice but this would be a very special song to hear with just MJ's voice.. when he comes in in the version we know, it takes it to another level!

Those three words MJ sings at the end sound sublime and I listen to it over and over again.

No solo version of "Why" exists, unfortunately.

Taryll said elsewhere that the only version that exists is a demo with Babyface on the verses and Michael on the chorus. I'll update with the source and a direct quote when I can find it!

Not the news I was hoping to hear. I hope for all MJ fans that you are wrong.

Yeah I don't think a solo version exists, as AlwaysThere said. He only recorded the chorus vocals as far as we know.

The Wikipedia list is incredibly unreliable. Never use it as a source for any reason.

Over the years there have been incredibly outlandish things posted there. Supposed collaborations with Drake Bell, Britney Spears, Marilyn Manson, and 50 Cent have all appeared at some point.

So I guess the case remains open whether a MJ Solo version exists. If it does, I hope to hear it one day. Thank you all for your responses and input into my topic.

Also, even if there is just a MJ solo version of the chorus I will be extremely happy !!

Back