Previously unseen note from MJ to Weird Al.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
CvtGoc2UkAA2QEY.jpg:small

He says that in 1989 Michael slipped it under his door when they were recording in the same studio.
Here's a link to the tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/alyankovic/status/791304677417623552?p=p

Weird Al is a parodist musician. Michael himself allowed him to parody Beat It (Eat It) and Bad (Fat). Very cute note of Michael, BTW. :wub:

That was so friendly of MJ. I'm glad Weird Al appreciated it. How fun that he posted it on twitter and includes that he "found it"...which meant that he was looknig for it. Sweet. :)

Hee hee! That MJ! :happy: Guess that was his way of making Al feel welcomed and comfortable, maybe?

Thanks Pink Diamond!

Last edited:
haha! that's so sweet. I wonder if he knew right away who it was. but then again, who else could it be other than Michael. I also love the fact that Weird Al saved it. I mean, it's not like it's a letter, it's just a simple note, but still, he saved it. that's so cool :wub:

Last edited:
Probably it meant a lot to Al having Michael's aproval because thanks to Eat It he became more successful and then Mike invited him to appear on Liberian Girl. That's why I assume this little, sweet note is important to him.

Probably it meant a lot to Al having Michael's aproval because thanks to Eat It he became more successful and then Mike invited him to appear on Liberian Girl. That's why I assume this little, sweet note is important to him.
Ive always appreciated the way Wierd Al talks about Michael and basically credits him for his career with 'Eat it'.
Wierd Al's popularity went thru the roof.

And Michael must have thought it was great and funny because he not only gave approval for 'Fat', but offered the subway set from the little kid version of 'Bad'.
Michael had a great sense of humor and that note is quite sweet.

Ive always appreciated the way Wierd Al talks about Michael and basically credits him for his career with 'Eat it'.
Wierd Al's popularity went thru the roof.

And Michael must have thought it was great and funny because he not only gave approval for 'Fat', but offered the subway set from the little kid version of 'Bad'.
Michael had a great sense of humor and that note is quite sweet.
I've always loved Michael's humor too.
He never took himself to seriously.
He knew that he was the GOAT and took great pride in his accomplishments and work, but at the same time he was okay with people parodying (i.e., Weird Al with Fat and Eat it) and sampling (i.e., SWV with Right Here) his music, nor did he have a problem giving other artists their props.

I personally find it crazy how Michael could be so humble with all that he had accomplished and went through, meanwhile you currently have many artist that take themselves way to seriously and think their God's gift to the world when in reality they're no bigger a star and haven't had an impact any bigger then most of their peers.
I think quite a few artist could take a page out of Michael's book when it comes to being humble, and having a sense of humor/not taking themselves so damn seriously. :yes:

Last edited:
haha! that's so sweet. I wonder if he knew right away who it was. but then again, who else could it be other than Michael. I also love the fact that Weird Al saved it. I mean, it's not like it's a letter, it's just a simple note, but still, he saved it. that's so cool :wub:
IKR, it's just a note, but since it was from Michael it's special to Al.
To me it was sweet for Michael to write it and also rather sweet for Al to keep it. :)

Cool, thanks for sharing! :)
Wish Michael had put that under my door once :wub: ;)

What I love most about Weird Al is that his comedy is not mean spirited. He laughs with people, not at them.

^^It's probably the reason why many performers have allowed Al to parody their songs which have allowed him as well to stay current and popular. Good for him, he deserves it.

Back