Donald Trump elected as America's 45th President.

Ms. BlueGangsta

Proud Member
I'm pissed, disgusted, and disappointed.
Him winning shows that racism is alive and well in America, and now that he's been elected I'm sure things will just get worse.

My thoughts and prays are with the USA in this tragic time.
May it last no longer than 4 years and you'll be back on track rather than thrown back 100 years.

Again, time for the night bitches die

Now where's that sniper rifle I had...

i can't believe it..
Hope that in 2020 Michelle Obama will run as president and fix all the problems trump will cause

I know I didn't have a horse in that race but in moments like this, how I miss George. Trumpocalypse is about to begin!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." -George Carlin

I don't even know how to take this in right now... Donald Trump, really?? It's embarrassing

I too am pissed off, though I am Canadian, but still I'm pissed off as hell. Now Trump is going to ruin the whole country by have the all the racisms to continue on and on and putting up that fricken godforsaken wall to prevent immigrants into the country. He's an embarrassment and he's nothing but a tool.

I have no respect for Trump anymore and I'm now going to add him into my list. I hope you fail miserably Trump!

I want to go on record I did NOT vote for Trump....

I have kept an open mind to both candidates and listened. While not EVERYTHING he has said has been bad, sadly the venom he spits far outweighs the postive he set foward to me.. I have no choice but to TRY to be optimisitc and find the good at this point, but we will see if he allows his personal views dictate his decision making... I hope not!

Worst case scenario is that he gets us into a war.
His dumb ass wouldn't think twice about launching a missile and/or getting a missile launched at us because he has the thought process of a sea sponge, and with a mouth like his he's bound to piss off another country.

We're royally f***ed.

Just to vent..

Over 10,000 people added 'Harambe' to the poll and vote for the Gorilla that was killed.. THAT was not the way to get the point across no matter how strongly an individual feels about that issue.. Some people did not take this election as personal as they should have... It effects people..

Take me for example, my dad gets Parkinsons disease. His job is told and they don't want to deal with paying him with the medical expenses so they lay him off.. Jobless with medical system that's not in his favor flys back to his birth country (He's a US citizen) Libya and tries to get a grasp of his disease.. While there has a child.. His plans were to work on paperwork to bring his new wife and new born to the US...

With Trump wanting to ban all immigration from Islamic countries that would mean his wife and new daughter (my sister) would not be able to come here to the U.S.... He's not going to abandon his new born child, so he's stuck there....

Just to vent..

Over 10,000 people added 'Harambe' to the poll and vote for the Gorilla that was killed.. THAT was not the way to get the point across no matter how strongly an individual feels about that issue.. Some people did not take this election as personal as they should have... It effects people..

Take me for example, my dad gets Parkinsons disease. His job is told and they don't want to deal with paying him with the medical expenses so they lay him off.. Jobless with medical system that's not in his favor flys back to his birth country (He's a US citizen) Libya and tries to get a grasp of his disease.. While there has a child.. His plans were to work on paperwork to bring his new wife and new born to the US...

With Trump wanting to ban all immigration from Islamic countries that would mean his wife and new daughter (my sister) would not be able to come here to the U.S.... He's not going to abandon his new born child, so he's stuck there....

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. :(
I hope things somehow work out for you and your dad.

America right now.
ClhhRaTXIAAR_pV.jpg

I'm sure Trump got elected almost completely out of the racism and stupidity of his followers.

I, for one, was outraged at first. However, I knew it was coming in the back of my mind, so I wasn't surprised.

I looked at a selfie I took a few weeks ago, then I started playing "Man In The Mirror." I realize, "It's you! You gotta get out there and make that change!" No more silence for me, this has been a wake-up call, and I'm here to fight back. Only God knows my destiny.

69039205.jpg

Seriously though **** Donald Trump and **** everyone who voted for him/voted third party or write in/didn't vote at all in protest. I hurt for everyone in this country that could be affected by him and the policies of the Republican party (whom now controls Congress, yay). Being a woman I'm sure I will somehow be affected as well.

I'm already seeing stories about swastika graffiti being left on buildings and there are people fearing for their lives and their rights because of their religion, race, or being on the LGBT spectrum. What has this country done? :(

I was discussing the election yesterday with a colleague. She was pretty convinced Hillary would win but I told her anything was possible in a country that elected George W. Bush twice -_- She brought brownies to work today, originally to celebrate Hillary's win but now it served as comfort food :blush:

A lot of people here feel like this is the beginning of a new era, that we might be witnessing America's descent into fascism with other countries soon to follow. I wouldn't be so worried about a Trump presidency if there were other branches of government to keep him in check but Republicans now control the Senate, the House, the Supreme Court and they have inside support in the FBI. Who's going to stop him? He has suggested brutal and disruptive policies in the Middle East (killing relatives of suspected terrorists, heavy bombing of entire cities, stealing their oil, torture, ripping up the Iran nuclear deal but giving Saudi Arabia nukes instead, ban on Muslims from entering the US), he believes climate change is a hoax and seems to be doing everything he can to roll back the progress that has been made on that front over the past 8 years, he wants to start a trade war with China that will have devastating effects on the (still fragile) global economy, he proposed a special deportation force that will round up and deport 12 million undocumented immigrants, he pledged to go after his enemies (such as political opponents and journalists) once he is elected, he still hasn't released his tax returns so we don't know if he has financial ties to other countries and how this will affect his presidency... there is just so much that is deeply troubling. If he does even half the stuff he promised to do, the world will be a very different place in four years.

As a European, I'm also very worried about the impact this will have on the Continent. The far-right is feeling pretty emboldened right now. Between the migration crisis, slow economic recovery, Brexit, the war in Ukraine and several major terror attacks, we cannot afford the instability and non-commitment that a Trump presidency will bring. Not to mention his close ties to Russia and his admiration for Putin. There is proof that Russia has been funding the far-right in several European countries in order to destabilise the European Union. We will see what the future brings.

By the way, Hillary got 214,000 more votes than Trump but lost the election anyway. Yay for the greatest democracy in the world.

Bill tried to cheer up Hillary this morning by reminding her that Nelson Mandela wasn't elected president until after he had served 27 years in prison.

OK....jokes aside:

By the way, Hillary got 214,000 more votes than Trump but lost the election anyway. Yay for the greatest democracy in the world.

How does that work? Is it a case of Hilary had more votes, but Trump lead by number of states.....?

Sorry if I'm not making sense.

Bill tried to cheer up Hillary this morning by reminding her that Nelson Mandela wasn't elected president until after he had served 27 years in prison.

OK....jokes aside:

How does that work? Is it a case of Hilary had more votes, but Trump lead by number of states.....?

She had the most popularity votes

I can't make this up even if I wanted to

The President/Vice President is actually elected by the Electoral College-that's a system the founding fathers set up to compromise between the elections being chosen by the House of Representatives and the actual people.

Every state gets the same number of electoral votes as they do Representatives-Plus 2-each state has two Senators. That's all based on population and changes every 10 years with the census.

The problem is that all states but two have a WINNER TAKE ALL system-so if you lead in the state you get ALL the votes. For example, in Florida Hilary got 48% of the vote and Trump got 49% of the vote-so Trump got ALL the electoral college votes for the state-all 29 of them. Hilary gets nothing.

In the long run more people voted for Hilary than voted for Trump, but it didn't matter. Same thing happened with the Bush/Gore election-which devastated me. I thought back then we would repeal this system, but it's still there.

I was beyond shocked last night. It's like a living nightmare. All I can really do is hope for the best and that it won't turn out as ugly as it looks. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm so disappointed and ashamed of my country. Trump doesn't represent what America is supposed to stand for and I will never see him as my president.

I’m sorry English is not my native language but still I need to say it somehow.

I’ve just watched a video of young people burning American flag in America… Riots and protests against Trump. Hillary tweets to fight for right thing…

That is very unusual to watch how America becomes a victim of what they have done to other countries.

People don’t come for it… That’s exactly how it started in my country “thanks” to American democracy! Now I live in civil war.

It seems these people ready to crucify their own country to get what they want!
From day one it was Hillary to talk about war, saying it is an necessity.

I wish Trump NOT to be nice now for the sake of America. I hope he is crazy enough to take it.

My thoughts and prays are with the USA in this tragic time.
May it last no longer than 4 years and you'll be back on track rather than thrown back 100 years.
Thanks for your prayers.
I'm hoping that it doesn't even last one term and that he somehow gets impeached (although I doubt that will happen).

I'm honestly so disgusted though.
Just thinking about all of the racists bigoted assholes celebrating because they got there way is enough to turn my stomach and make me see red.

barbee0715;4174253 said:
In the long run more people voted for Hilary than voted for Trump, but it didn't matter. Same thing happened with the Bush/Gore election-which devastated me. I thought back then we would repeal this system, but it's still there.

US really should get rid of that old fashion way of voting and change it to direct presidential elections, so catastrophe like this cannot happen.
This is what Trump himself said about it in 2012 and it is ironic that system made him president even getting less votes than Hillary

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
4:45 AM - 7 Nov 2012

Side note, I haven't paid much attention to Pence, but after reading what he is doing and stands for, I got cold chills down my spine. So now you have Hitler as president and Carl Værnet as his right hand man:puke:

1 question, Trump has trial coming later this month, and if he is found guilty, can he still be president or does Pence take over, or what happens then?

^ don't worry, if everything keeps on this way he won't last until inauguration ...

Unless he's wise enough to make those people leave streets real soon.

That's only my opinion though. Nothing more.

The power of the American President is rather overestimated by many people, particularly by those who live outside US & probably cannot understand that political system’s origins.

If we want to understand the President’s rather weak power, then we have to go back to the initial motives of the Founding Fathers who created the fundamental basis of the US political system. The Founding Fathers in 1787 did not want at all something that could be related to monarchy, so they decided that the President’s power had to be restricted by a second (legislature) body named Congress. In fact, Congress not only can control (to some extent) President’s political actions but also it can dismiss him if he commits serious misdemeanors/crimes (bribery, for example).

So, the American presidential government in fact consists of White House & Congress that share power. Even in the case that one political party has control over both of them, conflict interests still can exist.

The President’s weak power has been also addressed by various American Presidents, such as John F. Kennedy in 1963 (“… The President is rightly described as a man of extraordinary powers. Yet it is also true that he must wield those powers under extraordinary limitations …”).

It is also important to note that the history proved that the American President’s power/actions can be significantly controlled by the advisers who are located in White House.

barbee0715;4174253 said:
The President/Vice President is actually elected by the Electoral College-that's a system the founding fathers set up to compromise between the elections being chosen by the House of Representatives and the actual people.

Every state gets the same number of electoral votes as they do Representatives-Plus 2-each state has two Senators. That's all based on population and changes every 10 years with the census.

The problem is that all states but two have a WINNER TAKE ALL system-so if you lead in the state you get ALL the votes. For example, in Florida Hilary got 48% of the vote and Trump got 49% of the vote-so Trump got ALL the electoral college votes for the state-all 29 of them. Hilary gets nothing.

I would add to what you wrote that the “winner takes all” (in each district) system is an inherent characteristic of the non-proportional electoral systems. The US electoral system is (still) based on the plurality system in which, as you mentioned, the most votes automatically declare the winner in each district (while the loser gets nothing).

Back