Did Michael ever take ballet classes?

Wade Robson said (before he went crazy) that MJ advised him never to take formal dance lessons not to destroy his talent. So I think MJ might have had a stance against formal artistic training, fearing it would kill the naturality and uniqueness of one's natural talent. I think that might have also been the reason why he never really pursued formal musical training (ie. playing instruments).

Wade Robson said (before he went crazy) that MJ advised him never to take formal dance lessons not to destroy his talent. So I think MJ might have had a stance against formal artistic training, fearing it would kill the naturality and uniqueness of one's natural talent. I think that might have also been the reason why he never really pursued formal musical training (ie. playing instruments).
Thanks for the info!
There may have been some truth to that too because most of the time I really dislike when I can obviously see dancers doing the eight count.

I doubt he ever took formal classes. I'm guessing he probably admired the art of ballet, studied on his own and picked it up as well as he did anything else.

Back