Unpublished original Jacksons album cover art

mondomark

Proud Member
Hope this is ok to post, but thought might be of keen interest to fans of Michael Jackson and The Jacksons.

An original concept painting of 'The Jacksons – Victory' album cover is currently being offered as a reward in a Kickstarter campaign for famed science fiction artist Michael Whelan. The piece is an alternative version to the cover finally used and is a fascinating glimpse into what could have been. The painting is massive 25" x 10.5" designed as a gatefold cover.

Here's a link: http://www.alternativerealism.com

At the bottom of the website, by the description of the painting, it said removed. Don't know what that means.

2pqj786.jpg

33nhuh5.jpg

^^Thanks!! If it didn't make the front, would've still made for a cool back cover!

I imagine it would be easier to make out who is who by holding an LP though!

^^^

I don't think it looks like the members of the Jacksons. - Doesn't look like it.

Well i see spotted Michael very quickly. #5 from left to right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I prefer the album cover they used ! :)

I don't think it looks like the members of the Jacksons. - Doesn't look like it.

It says "concept" so I imagine it wasn't the final version, and therefore the author didn't go to the extra effort to personalize/distinguish each face?

Last edited:
It says "concept" so I imagine it wasn't the final version, and therefore the author didn't go to the extra effort to personalize/distinguish each face?

Yeah, I know - but still. Had the persons been finalized and look like the members - I would still prefer the cover we have.

I like the Little Rascals cover better than this one. But it was done before Jermaine got involved. I wonder if this cover was supposed to be black & white. If so, it looks kinda dull

I love the Little Rascals shoot but guess it wasn't appropriate for Victory. Article said Michael chose this artist because his style was like Maxfield Parrish.
Interesting that he obviously liked him long before YANA.

I love the Little Rascals shoot but guess it wasn't appropriate for Victory. Article said Michael chose this artist because his style was like Maxfield Parrish. Interesting that he obviously liked him long before YANA.
It mainly couldn't be used because Jermaine wasn't in it. There's also other publicity photos that were shot before he rejoined the group.

Back