Thread: Thriller, BAD, or Dangerous?

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 605 Posts

Default Re: Thriller, BAD, or Dangerous?

Great Thread.

Bad
    Dangerous
    Thriller

Bad is just incredible, it has a commercial and artistic appeal that hasn't been seen before or since. You have songs going to the top of the charts that aren't just catchy pop songs they're songs with relatable stories and social statements, but they still carry that flavour that makes them hard to forget.
    To top it off to think Michael wrote 9 out of the 11 tracks says a lot for songwriting abilities, which cements my point he wrote most of his best work.

With Dangerous, to me this is Michael's coming of age album. A lot less emphasis on catchy hooks and more of a push for emotion and hard hitting grooves. Dangerous was the perfect progression for me after the huge success of Bad. I think with this record he showed the world, I am the greatest and there is more to me than you think. Gone are the almost playful (I don't mean that in a bad way) songs, Speed Demon TGIM, JGF, in come more adult songs with darker themes, ITC, WYWTOM, GITM. But the more radio friendly songs, are still incredible, RTT, BOW, HTW.

Finally with Thriller, I love the album dearly. With that being said I do feel it's helped massively with the huge singles, Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller. I love Lady In My Life and Human Nature, but I feel the was helped with the visual aspect of the short films and live performances. I do love Thriller though, it still sounds amazing and it just gives me such a good feeling when I hear it.

I don't think any artist has ever had a better run of albums than Michael. I add Off The Wall and HIStory to that too.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmoothCriminal1995 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Level
    Thanks

My favourite album is Dangerous, but my favourite song comes frmo thriller, a bit weird, but it's okay

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks

Well Thriller is obviously the best. No album has 4 consecutive tracks as good as Beat It -> Billie Jean -> Human Nature -> PYT.
    As for the for Bad and Dangerous it gets a little more difficult. Both albums have great tracks and amazing videos... but it could also be argued that they have some filler, a problem that Thriller doesn't have. Speed Demon, Just good Friends on Bad and CLHGA and Keep the Faith on Dangerous. They also contain some aped themes from their previous albums with less success: Billie Jean and Dirty Diana and Man in the Mirror and Keep the Faith for example.

Personally I'm gonna go with Thriller > Bad = Dangerous. It's just too hard to choose between the latter two as I love them both but can acknowledge their flaws. I would say that HIStory is more interesting than both due to the risks it takes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scream For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

The dangerous album defines Michael as the king of pop. This sound, the song jam and the hit black or white make him to the top of the top. Bad is great too but I think some songs makes me feel not good, I don't know how I should say this. The thriller album has no weak and is perfect in all!

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Well, I think all of his albums deserve the attention, applaud and recognition. Michael worked hard on his albums and every one of them is unique in its own way. My personal favorite is Dangerous and Bad being close second. Thriller is a great album, but the older Michael got, the more creative he got. When Bad came out, it already beat Thriller in terms of songs and creativeness. But when Dangerous came out, it beat Bad AND Thriller.

It makes me pissed how the general public did not treat Bad and Dangerous as they deserve to be treated. Dangerous is and was a masterpiece and it deserved at least 3 Grammys. The same goes for Bad. I can understand why Michael turned his back against the States.
    Last edited by Doggone; 17-01-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Instagram: turkishcrescent

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doggone For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

The BAD album is the best. One legendary song comes after another!
    I can't choose between thriller and dangerous for the second position though, each album has its own character that I equally enjoy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mjelitzana For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doggone View Post
    Well, I think all of his albums deserve the attention, applaud and recognition. Michael worked hard on his albums and every one of them is unique in its own way. My personal favorite is Dangerous and Bad being close second. Thriller is a great album, but the older Michael got, the more creative he got. When Bad came out, it already beat Thriller in terms of songs and creativeness. But when Dangerous came out, it beat Bad AND Thriller.

It makes me pissed how the general public did not treat Bad and Dangerous as they deserve to be treated. Dangerous is and was a masterpiece and it deserved at least 3 Grammys. The same goes for Bad. I can understand why Michael turned his back against the States.
    I hardly think Bad or Dangerous were ignored. They both sold over thirty million!! Only a handful of albums have done that.

And if you mean US only, Bad was record breaking, had five number one singles and proved Thriller wasn't a one off.
    I CAN'T TAKE IT 'COS I'M TONY

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
    I hardly think Bad or Dangerous were ignored. They both sold over thirty million!! Only a handful of albums have done that.

And if you mean US only, Bad was record breaking, had five number one singles and proved Thriller wasn't a one off.
    Yes, but I am talking about the recognition from the Grammys and the general public. Dangerous deserved Grammys and so did Bad. Liberian Girl won a Grammy, but the album should have won some prizes as well. It seems like the only album the public talks about it Thriller and how much of a success it was and the rest of his albums were a failure when compared to Thriller.

Instagram: turkishcrescent

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    Well Thriller is obviously the best. No album has 4 consecutive tracks as good as Beat It -> Billie Jean -> Human Nature -> PYT.
    As for the for Bad and Dangerous it gets a little more difficult. Both albums have great tracks and amazing videos... but it could also be argued that they have some filler, a problem that Thriller doesn't have. Speed Demon, Just good Friends on Bad and CLHGA and Keep the Faith on Dangerous. They also contain some aped themes from their previous albums with less success: Billie Jean and Dirty Diana and Man in the Mirror and Keep the Faith for example.

Personally I'm gonna go with Thriller > Bad = Dangerous. It's just too hard to choose between the latter two as I love them both but can acknowledge their flaws. I would say that HIStory is more interesting than both due to the risks it takes.
    I would hardly call Keep The Faith filler. I love that track personally.
    You can also make the argument that the last 8 songs on Dangerous are better than Thriller in it's totality.
    As for Thriller, I wouldn't call Baby be mine, The girl is mine, PYT or the lady in my life classics by any means.
    I actually prefer DD over BJ.
    Again it is all subjective but that is my opinion.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Sorry there is no filler on any of these albums.

I never did a 2nd and 3rd, 2nd was Dangerous and 3rd is Thriller, although I still really love it. I mean Billie Jean was the song that just got me hooked on Michael Jackson and it probably hooked millions of other people too. Most went on to become life long fans.

All 3 of these albums are just incredible and stand as the 3 greatest consecutive albums ever released, even Prince could only string 2 brilliant albums together. Add Off the Wall and you have 4 great albums. Seriously listen to them in order, Thriller - Bad - Dangerous, it is the most perfect 3 hours you will ever spend.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

It must be Bad for me, although it sometimes is Dangerous (or History). Is basically depends on my mood, but generally speaking, I would choose Bad

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,721 Times in 2,215 Posts

It has swapped for me over the years, probably depending on what I 'overplayed' at the time the other would be a favorite
    **He lives forever within us**

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Dangerous =)

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

For me it always has been, and always will be DANGEROUS. But, I guess Thriller comes in at a close second? Two of my favorite songs are on Thriller (Human Nature and Baby Be Mine) BUT, Dangerous is my favorite album as a whole.
    though we're far apart you're always in my heart
    www.mjfangirl.com
    my blog where i write about my adventures walking in michael's footsteps and
    attending fan events around the world

instagram @mjfangirlblog
    twitter @mjfangirlblog

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjprince1976 View Post
    sorry there is no filler on any of these albums.

I never did a 2nd and 3rd, 2nd was dangerous and 3rd is thriller, although i still really love it. I mean billie jean was the song that just got me hooked on michael jackson and it probably hooked millions of other people too. Most went on to become life long fans.

all 3 of these albums are just incredible and stand as the 3 greatest consecutive albums ever released, even prince could only string 2 brilliant albums together. Add off the wall and you have 4 great albums. Seriously listen to them in order, thriller - bad - dangerous, it is the most perfect 3 hours you will ever spend.
    agreed.