The Music Of Janet Damita Jo

Janet is incredible. She had an incredible run of four consecutive great albums from Control to Velvet Rope. Similar to Michael's run from Off The Wall to Dangerous.

My top five favourite songs are:
1) Together Again
2) Again
3) If
4) Control
5) Love Will Never Do Without You

There is whole extra section in this Forum for Janet. Why not use it?

Don't Stand Another Chance / Dream Street (American Bandstand 1984)

Re: Don't Stand Another Chance / Dream Street (American Bandstand 1984)

I remember those songs from when she did them in 'Kids From Fame' & on the corresponding tour. In fact, I have the Dream Street album.

Amazing that only 2 years later Control was to hit & go so massive...I guess that college stuff she talked about in the clip never happened!

Always kind of liked Janet, but just now getting into her music and learning about how her first 5 studio albums were all mega platinum smashes, but she has been blacklisted by the Viacom group and everything else because of the Superbowl titty accident. So harsh.
I love a lot of her songs with a bias on the Control to Design of a Decade era.

Favourites right now include Runaway, Thats the way love goes, Nasty Boys, Together Again, Diamonds and Love will never do without you. I only one of her greatest hits albums and RN 1814. But its a good enough start.

Always kind of liked Janet, but just now getting into her music and learning about how her first 5 studio albums were all mega platinum smashes, but she has been blacklisted by the Viacom group and everything else because of the Superbowl titty accident. So harsh.
I love a lot of her songs with a bias on the Control to Design of a Decade era.

Favourites right now include Runaway, Thats the way love goes, Nasty Boys, Together Again, Diamonds and Love will never do without you. I only one of her greatest hits albums and RN 1814. But its a good enough start.

You need to get Janet, the follow up to RN, it's her best including 'if' her best ever song and video.

You need to get Janet, the follow up to RN, it's her best including 'if' her best ever song and video.

I agree, I am also going to buy Control and The Velvet Rope as it seems those 4 albums are untouchable.

Back