It's just hit me that Michael....

I remember when he left us.
I didn't quite understand everything that was happening (I was little), but I knew it was a really really really big deal because my parents and everyone around me talked about it a lot and a lot of people were really sad (large groups of people worldwide breaking down crying on TV and stuff like that).
It was also all you heard about when you turned on the TV or listened to the radio.
I had never seen a reaction like that to someones death.

Now years later I understand everything, and I wish I could go back in time and stop it all.
Now I'm sad.
Miss him so damn much.
I need to get out of this thread.
CJbVXb5UMAAgVrK.jpg

I think about it sometimes.. MJ being 60, oh I wonder how things would have been.. in all aspects

I consider age just as a number, since time is a man-made construct. Michael was a very beautiful person in every stage of his life. He seems to be somehow ageless for me.

I consider age just as a number, since time is a man-made construct. Michael was a very beautiful person in every stage of his life. He seems to be somehow ageless for me.

I feel the same way

Same here.
I think that's why his death hit so hard.
It's like, we all knew he was human, that humans die, and that no one lives forever, but for some reason I just expected Michael to always exist.
He brought a certain level of magic to the world that left with him.

Same here.
It's like, we all knew he was human, that humans die, and that no one lives forever, but for some reason I just expected Michael to always exist.

I took it as Michael will live on through his music and therefore reached his goal to be forever with us ;D On a human level, I appreciate more and more the idea of an afterlife and people having an immortal soul. That’s why he never really left for me although Michael isn't physically present any more. It makes so many things so much easier.

How I wish he were nestled away in the Irish countryside with his family and privacy for his 60th...

How I wish Michael had lived longer...
I wasn't very old when he passed away so I didn't have the appreciation that I have now.
I would give everything just to go back and see him once.

You know I can still remember that horrible day. I was in such a good mood that day. Very happily playing my Sims 3 game. And just spending the day away from the tv. And just watching programs that I had taped. Because I didn't want anything to ruin that mood that I was in. I was in such a good mood because I was so looking forward to July. And for Michael to be doing those concerts I was just so extremely happy and excited for those concerts. Even though I wasn't going to them. That did not matter to me. There were fans that were going and I can read all about their experience on my MJ sites. Then 6:30 that night I decided to watch the news to hear what they had to say about Farrah Fawcett who I knew died that day. But when I put the news on my one main channel. I was seeing Michael's Jam performance from his Bucharest Dangerous Concert. I started to wonder why they were showing that. Then I saw the years that was when I started screaming. That this had to be some kind of an evil sick joke. Until I came on this site to find out it was all true. And I was only 29 at the time. What really hurts me the most. Is that I am probably the only MJ fan in the entire world who has so much in common. Like that strange connection to the number 7. Like he did. I was 29 when I had gotten the news. My birthday comes exactly 7 months and 25 days before his. There are 7 years between him and Shahrukh Khan, And I have an older brother whose birthday comes exactly 6 months and 1 day after mine. And he was born in 1977.

Now whenever I put my tv on there is always something or someone that constantly makes me think about him. And how he should still be here. And it is not just that whenever I look at Shahrukh Khan. Who is the King Of Bollywood and my Michael replacement. I always tend to think how unfair it is that he is going to see his oldest son turn 20 towards the end of this year. And Michael won't be able to see his oldest son turn 20 this year. Which is why I am still suffering from horrible depression and insomnia. And please don't let me get started on those horrific vivid nightmares about him. Especially since I just had another one about 4 days ago. I am like seriously crying just thinking about all of this now. It is now 1:26 am here. Now I am going to be spending another night up. Just so I can avoid another nightmare. It really doesn't matter I really had no intentions of going to sleep any way again.:(

Last edited:
Those are totally my sentiments really but I never really count how old Michael would have been. He stays forever 50 in my book and somehow I miss him more today so it feels good to be home even on my phone

That day!!! My wife (than girlfriend) was coming home from visiting family in Mexico, I was getting ready to pick her up at that airport.. I was decorating a bouquet of roses with shimmer, and the news was on... I literally thought it was BS when him being taken was not confirmed.. People already calling/texting me.. I told them don't trip too much you know how rumors always surround him etc. Thought maybe a crazy fake story or a PR stunt to bring him attention before This Is It kicks off.

Than confirmation.. I went to the airport, sat at a restaurant watched the news. once my wife got off the plane and to me asked if It were true, as she landed she turned on her phone to missed calls and texts about it.. Remember literally 7 days prior we both saw him!!!

I was cruising on a website, looking for various celebrity images...and saw a headline about Michael going to the hospital. At first, I thought it was a joke, then a cruel prank. But when ABC News reported Michael's passing, a part of my heart just broke. I remember crying for about 30 minutes, then listening to his albums over the next few days. What John Lennon was to kids of the '70s, Michael was to people from the '80s and '90s. Sadly, most associated him with those despicable allegations for the last fifteen years of his life, along with all the tabloid garbage. Michael even accused former Sony executive Tommy Mottola of purposely sabotaging the sales of "Invincible", by refusing to promote the 2001 album.

@KOPV: You must be one of the luckiest men who walk on this earth since you knew him ;)

I remember that day with horror. It was the time when I graduated from high school. On this particular day I had my final oral examination in arts. When I arrived at school in the early morning a classmate of mine was already talking about it… It was just heartbreaking. During the following days and weeks I refused persistently to listen to the news, but it was everywhere and really hard to escape from it.

Same here.

I know what you mean.As a kid i had always thought he was immortal.
In fact,when i think of Michael i always have the HIStory Era in mind because i grew up with that album (i was born in 1998,shouldn't it have been Invincible instead? Lol.... but I like the idea that Paris and I are the same age)
I vividly remember the reactions to his death, i was fascinated by him but i think i was too young to understand who he was.

7 Years later i became a fan. I don't feel sad, i'm glad that this amazing man existed and hopefully his soul has found peace

Same here.

You know Princess, you reminded me of a memory from the day Michael died. I was walking out of my school gate with my friend and the news of Michael's death had been well-known for... perhaps 4 hours by this point. I mentioned to him "It feels weird, doesn't it? That Michael Jackson is now dead..." and he agreed that it indeed felt weird. It was the first big celebrity death for us... perhaps second after Steve Irwin... at least the first REALLY HUGE one anyway.

I don't know how to perfectly explain it, but Michael Jackson seemed more than human... it was like he had this significant presence, like he was something bigger... his name alone carried serious significance in that manner. Michael Jackson... it was so well known. A name that everyone knew, even if you couldn't name a song by him... and now he was dead.

I don't know how to explain it better... but it was a weird, hard to describe feeling that stood out for me at the time. I don't think it'll happen often in my lifetime, maybe a couple of other older celebrities I look up to who are very heavily respected and share similar impact around the world like Michael... but not many, I suppose.

There's several late celebs whose work I've admired, but very few have brought me to tears. Michael was probably the first one I actually cried over; his music and the way he loved people helped me want to be the same way. Not to be sacrilegious, but in many ways he reminded me of Jesus. Obviously, he never had a ministry, never was divine, and never died to save anyone from sin...but the way Michael treated most people showed a similar side of him. A few of his songs even showcase that as well, like "Speechless" or "Earth Song".

Back