Which is your favourite J5 hit?

Dancing Machine and I love watching all the versions of it and MJ's robot....what's not to like....my fav version is this one from 1979 :dancin:

Now that's a hard one. I'll have to say Never Can Say Goodbye.

IDK how anyone expects a good answer to these type questions.. I love so many, and they change depending on mood, what I have not heard in a while, what type of voice I want to hear.. If we are specifically talking J5 or 'The Jacksons' as well..

Mine is "I''ll be there", beautiful ballad and singing by Michael and Jermaine. Other ones that are right up there are "I want you back" of course, "Lookin through the Windows", Dancin Machine", "Get it together", "Mamas Pearl", "The love you save" and "never can say goodbye"

favourite j5 hits are:

'looking through the windows' - my absolute number 1. love all the transitions and how it somehow all ties up together. full of gorgeous melody, and Michael's range is incredible! Clifton and hal davis wrote some great songs for Michael and his brothers. I've noticed that it sounds similar to the 'shaft' theme song though..

'abc' - love how this takes place directly after 'I want you back'. I actually think it's a better song - despite that lyrics and vocals still being unclear. perfectly worthy of the 'bubble-gum soul' title they were given! the song I associate most with the group. colourful, pro education message :)

'never can say goodbye' - according to the writer (Clifton davis), the song is actually about divorce from the perspective of a child going back and fourth between the household of each estranged parent :O this insight makes me appreciate the song even more. the maturity was already there, and they proved that they were more than just a children's act. again, an amazing vocal. probably my favourite ballad by them, and quite popular as I've heard it covered many times. i'm partial to the flute/piccolo 'decoration'. one of the few songs that were able to survive the transition into adulthood (loved the Motown 25 performance of it!)

Get it together, especially the live performance with the killer dance routine
you've changed
i want you back
you need love like I do/ dancing machine

I LOVE Lookin' Through The Windows, Never Can Say Goodbye, Maybe Tomorrow, Mama's Pearl...All of them. I can't pick just one.

Wow! Jeez! If I were to pick one, it could be I wanna Be Where You are!

Back