I have a question about MJ MIB II

Michaels Lover

Guests
Look in the background, what's with all the penguins? Does anyone know?

pretty random.. lol! maybe MJ in the outfit reminded someone of a penguin! idk..

First time I've ever got round to watching that!

It don't matter cos penguins are black & white?.....

Director Barry Sonnenfeld scored a big hit in convincing Michael Jackson to appear in Men in Black II as an alien. The cameo lasts only a few seconds, but Michael had a lot of questions about his role, according to Sonnenfeld. He wanted to know everything about the special effects background of his scene. Sonnenfeld told him that there would be icebergs, but Michael wanted to know much more details:

"He said, 'Can I see the icebergs?'

'No we don't have the photos yet.'

'Is there anything else behind me?'

'Penguins.' I'm making this up! I don't know if there are going to be penguins," Sonnenfeld said.

"'Can I see the penguins?'

'No I don't have the pictures of the penguins yet.'

'Are they king penguins?'

'Yes.'

And then I said, 'You know, I gotta go.'"

I thought it was known that they sent him to Antartica to film that scene so that in his spare time he could teach the penguins in Happy Feet how to dance.
How else did y'all think those penguins learned to get down like that?
Their legs were too short to moonwalk though.:lol:

pretty random.. lol! maybe MJ in the outfit reminded someone of a penguin! idk..
:lol:
Lol I never noticed that before. Looking for an alien among the penguins maybe? :p
It don't matter cos penguins are black & white?.....

Director Barry Sonnenfeld scored a big hit in convincing Michael Jackson to appear in Men in Black II as an alien. The cameo lasts only a few seconds, but Michael had a lot of questions about his role, according to Sonnenfeld. He wanted to know everything about the special effects background of his scene. Sonnenfeld told him that there would be icebergs, but Michael wanted to know much more details:

"He said, 'Can I see the icebergs?'

'No we don't have the photos yet.'

'Is there anything else behind me?'

'Penguins.' I'm making this up! I don't know if there are going to be penguins," Sonnenfeld said.

"'Can I see the penguins?'

'No I don't have the pictures of the penguins yet.'

'Are they king penguins?'

'Yes.'

And then I said, 'You know, I gotta go.'"

Cool! Thanks!

It's his location. I saw the movie at the cinema when it came. OK movie but I haven't watched it since.

It's his location. I saw the movie at the cinema when it came. OK movie but I haven't watched it since.

So did I. ONLY because I knew MJ was in it :lol: I had no idea how big or small his role was

Last edited:
Back