Destiny or Triumph

Which album do you prefer

• Destiny

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Triumph

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
You wicked thing, you.

This is so tough. I might have gone Destiny 6 months ago for the overall smoothness of the record but then recently I been playing Give It Up and Everybody a LOT.

I actual can't choose!

Destiny or Triumph

:doh:
You're not right!! Lol!
Both of these records are exceptional, IMO, and I love them both!!
Eenie, meenie, minee,mo. :thinking:

With songs like 1-9 on Triumph and 1-8 on Destiny....howz a girl suppose to chooooza! Lol!

And they're only 2 years apart! But I guess I'd go with Triumph since it has one of my all time faves....TPH/HBH. -_-

And I love watching him perform it live.

I honestly can't decide

I genuinely can't either. Destiny has Things I Do For You and Push Me Away.

Triumph had Heartbreak Hotel and Lovely One.

I'll go with Triumph, based on the fact Heartbreak Hotel gives it a slight edge. Heartbreak Hotel is the turning point in his song writing.

But Shake Your Body though.... No, Triumph.

Triumph.....

Triumph all the way!
An often overlooked diamond right between Off The Wall and Thriller.

Destiny is ok for me, but it's mostly that carefree happy disco stuff, while Trimuphs sound is more edgy and has the more interesting compositions.

Last edited:
Destiny- Because of songs like Shake Your Body, Destiny, Bless His Soul and That's What You Get For Being Polite

Love them both. Couldn't possibly choose, each one gives me something the other dosen't. I actually love the disco/country feel on Destiny and if you listen to that album in the right mood it really catches you. Same for Triumph of course, it's funky, dancey and has some great grooves. I always wondered what Berry Gordy and Jermaine thought of these albums at the time. To leave Motown without their original name, to rebrand and after the first one or two to relaese these two albums! Destiny, OTW, Triumph, Thriller! Best run of pop albums ever!!

Destiny is like off the wall while trimuph is like thriller I guess I prefer destiny though really tough choice

Victory, anybody?
Too many egos by this point and the brothers not getting along. Be Not Always, State Of Shock and Torture are all superb. Michael as a mannequin not so superb. It's their Invincible?

Destiny for the win!! Shake Your body, Being Polite, Things I do for you, Push me away, All Night Dancing. Man, I freaking LOVE that album! To me it's the real emergence of Michael the solo artist. I would love to own a vinyl pressing of that album but I can't quite seem to find one.

Should have said i was being sarcastic lads, sorry! Victory aint nowhere near Destiny's Triumph!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Should have said i was being sarcastic lads, sorry! Victory aint nowhere near Destiny's Triumph!

Yes it is! You just haven't heard the MOV version! :lol:

Hahahahaha oh im sure Body sounds a million times better with more clarity! !!

That ones a grower! The material that DIDN'T make the album was much better! So there! Victory is a masterpiece! :D

Seriously though, would have been cool if State Of Shock was performed on the tour. :cool:

Both are incredible, but Triumph for me.

Heartbreak Hotel, Lovely One, Walk Right Now and Everybody are killer cuts. Had they been on MJ albums they would have been even bigger hits

Even though it's on a Jackson's album, I'll always consider Heartbreak Hotel to be a Michael Jackson song

I LOVE both albums, but "Heartbreak Hotel" gives Triumph the edge.

"Heartbreak Hotel" is right up there with "Billie Jean" IMO.

Went back and forth with this but I couldn't choose between them. Too many great songs on both.

I went with Triumph

So many great classics.

Even though it's on a Jackson's album, I'll always consider Heartbreak Hotel to be a Michael Jackson song

Quite rightly. Wasn't it the first Michael Jackson composition ever commercially released on a Jackson 5/Jacksons album?

Quite rightly. Wasn't it the first Michael Jackson composition ever commercially released on a Jackson 5/Jacksons album?

I think it was Blues Away on the first Epic album, that was credited solely to Michael ?

I think the same for State of Shock. Jacksons by name, MJ by nature.

I've always presumed MJ was as proud of HH as any solo song judging by elevating it to Song #2 status on Bad Tour.

Yes, by far the best Jacksons song.

I've always presumed MJ was as proud of HH as any solo song judging by elevating it to Song #2 status on Bad Tour.

Yes, also making it into The Ultimate Collection. You could tell in Moonwalk he was annoyed with the Elvis connection.

Always and forever will be Heartbreak Hotel, the BETTER one!

One thing I love about HH being second on the 88 setlist is how he goes from 4 dancers (WBSS) down to 2 dancers (HH) down to just himself (APOM)! I like how evenly this happens!

One thing I love about HH being second on the 88 setlist is how he goes from 4 dancers (WBSS) down to 2 dancers (HH) down to just himself (APOM)! I like how evenly this happens!

Nice bit of symmetry there Az :)

I like it!

Nice bit of symmetry there Az :)

I like it!
I don't know if that's something he considered but yeah it's a beautiful bit of perfect symmetry. Damn! The Bad Tour has to be his all-round greatest surely. The 87 performance of HH is unbelievably good, his dancing and timing is so tight.

Back