Behind the mask question

Rock with you33

Proud Member
I the huffington post they worry on the Michael album that the original version not the one on the album the song have 80's production and classic sheets of synths what does it mean and what 80's production they talk about?

I the huffington post they worry on the Michael album that the original version not the one on the album the song have 80's production and classic sheets of synths what does it mean and what 80's production they talk about?

Not too far from what this sounds like we expect. Michael is credited as being the arranger on Greg's version.

Co-writer Ryuichi Sakamoto said that Michael's demo is just the original Yellow Magic Orchestra instrumental (see below) with some extra drum/percussion layers, which is more or less an apt description of Greg Phillinganes' version.

Joe Vogel also said that Michael's was almost identical to Greg's recording.

I'd imagine it's pretty similar to the original version. I don't know if we really need to hear it, as the version on Michael is what I'd define as a perfect update, making it modern whilst still keeping it like the original.

After listening to Greg's version, I can say that the original version is better than the Michael album version. I hope we get to hear MJ's version some day.

I'd imagine it's pretty similar to the original version. I don't know if we really need to hear it, as the version on Michael is what I'd define as a perfect update, making it modern whilst still keeping it like the original.

Agreed. I don't personally have any interest in hearing the original. The music is just far too commonplace and uninteresting.

out of all the original versions, demos etc.. From the songs that have official release, what I'd want to hear is any originals/demo that has alternate vocal stylings, adlibs, or sections with different lyrics.

out of all the original versions, demos etc.. From the songs that have official release, what I'd want to hear is any originals/demo that has alternate vocal stylings, adlibs, or sections with different lyrics.

A version without the added live crowd screaming would be nice to have.

Great song.

Back