Man In The Mirror VS Earth Song.

MITM VS Earth Song.

• Earth Song

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • MITM

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
Definitely Earth Song for me. Ever since that horrible July date of that horrible year. MITM has been 100% pure poison to me. And at one time it use to be one of my favorite MJ songs. Not anymore now I just hate that song. At least with Earth Song I still have a huge love for that song. And I still consider it as one of my most favorite MJ songs.

Man In The Mirror easily. For me, it's Michael's best song. Earth Song would be in the top 15 but MITM is a classic for all times. There was nothing better than watching Michael perform MITM live. That was the highlight of the Bad and Dangerous tours.

Definitely Earth Song. Much better song, one of his best.

I went with Man In The Mirror. Tough choice though....

I can't choose. This poll is just cruel
Me posting this thread.
giphy.gif
:lol:

Earth Song, but I am biased towards this song.
MITM is still a beautiful and gooesbump inducing song, but Earth Song is my favourite, and a lot of that has to do with the call-and-response at the end.

P.S., Pink, a little warning before you post that gif; that terrified me as a kid! Still can't watch it now :lol:

Both give me goosebumps, but I'm going to have to go with Man in the Mirror-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song. (And I won't mention the Grammy performance since that can't count).

I prefer "Man in the Mirror", but that's probably because I'm not a supporter of "equal rights" between humans and animals. If it comes down to my life or the animal being saved, I pick mine.

barbee0715;4191106 said:
Both give me goosebumps, but I'm going to have to go with Man in the Mirror-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song. (And I won't mention the Grammy performance since that can't count).

I would have to agree with you here. You're absolutely right. MITM always gives me goosebumps, though Earth song has the same effect on me too. In terms of Michael's writing his own music, I'd say Earth song, especially the last part with the hauntingly beautiful ad libs. But I love the 80s feel that MITM has. Especially the way it was performed (Bad tour, Dangerous tour). That is just pure magic. It's very nostalgic.

Earth Song has a more modern feel to it, it was written almost 10 years later, so that makes sense. The lyrics are full of questions; ''What about…'' whereas MITM tells a clear story, easy to picture. The MITM ad libs are out of this world, extremely powerful, the choir reinforces Michael's powerful singing, and when the music fades, all there's left is ''Change the world''

There are some clear differences, the 80s feel to MITN being one of the most noticeable changes compared to Earth Song, in my opinion...

Last edited:
I can't decide. I love both although Earth Song was number 1 in the UK the day I was born but I love Man In The Mirror equally.

Man In The Mirror is the better song performed live no doubt. The power when he drops to his knees, gets me every time

I chose Earth song without a doubt; I just think the 'message' of the song really hit home for me. (y)

I do love "Earth Song", it gives global messages. "Man In The Mirror" gives a similar message but only to give us a chance to make a change.

But "Man In The Mirror" really suits me, so I'm going with that.

UGH. I'm disgusted that Earth Song is ahead of Man in the Mirror.

Shamone!!

Earth Song, because it's...well...earth-shattering.

Man in the Mirror comfortably. I love Earth Song but MITM is the ultimate MJ song. It is his most powerful and inspirational song. It's a song that can be applied to everyone because Michael preaches the listeners to point the finger of blame at themselves before blaming others. And let's be honest, we have all been guilty of blaming others and deflecting the blame away from our shoulders. So MITM wins for me.

I got a large buzz from Siedah Garrett following me on Twitter so I am bias. Man in the Mirror reminds me of the start of Moonwalker and my childhood, a song which I have loved at different times of my life for different reasons. I did love the World Music Awards performance of Earth Song though.

Man In the Mirror is inspiring to me. To me, it's more of an introspective approach to make the world a better place; whereas, Earth Song is more awareness. Both songs are in my Top 10 favorite Michael songs list!

Back