NEW clip of Sheryl Crow talking about Michael.

Sheryl Crow turned her back on Michael, and called him a human freak show. She can F off

Thank you very much. You are very productive. Are you trying to beat a record ? :p
You're welcome!
I actually wasn't on here for like a few days I think.:lol:

Sheryl Crow turned her back on Michael, and called him a human freak show. She can F off
Wow!
I had no idea about this.
Can you post the video or link me to where she says it?

I didn't find that interview analogue pointed but here's a chronological order every time she mentioned MJ starting to be snarky, condescending and resentful towards him since the 90s because he supposedly didn't know know her name in the 18 months the Bad Tour lasted and Michael barely spoke to her but Michael mentioned her name in the Glenda tapes. Why did he have to socialize with the band? He was an intense artist putting much of his focus on his craft and having perfect shows. Every one in his band crew but Sheryl Crow said nothing but positive things in his lifetime, her niceness now he's gone and cannot longer hear those words mean nothing to me.

She's a fake hypocrite!

https://lacienegasmiled.wordpress.com/category/1987-1989-sheryl-crow/

I totally agree with you. She is an example of a phoney bandwagoner, and who only now wants to bask in MJ'a shine....when in the past she threw shade.

Sounds like she's still throwing a bit of shade, even while saying Michael was divinely ordained with his talent, by saying it was perplexing not to have an adult relationship with him. Maybe she had a crush- I like Sheryl on the whole, and I'm very glad that Michael cast her in the tour, and I'd think she'd be quite overwhelmed by being part of something so mammoth-especially being a novice.

Michael threw grapes at Karen Faye on camera, he threw popcorn at Siedah, he threw grapes at Sheryl and I think it was his way of flirting and making them feel at ease and getting their minds off the pressure.

I have a friend I've known since high school, so we've been friends for 40 years. He's in show business too-started as a dancer, then a choreographer and now he's a stage manager. We tried the romantic/dating thing at first, but both of us were more comfortable with just being platonic pals. But for years now, when we go to the mall or hang out, we end up in the toy department and he grabs toys and pushes them in my face, or acts crazy and talks loud in wierd, silly voices. In fact, I used the "Peter Pan" syndrome with him years before people used it with Michael. Everytime I started to get annoyed, I'd think "This is what it would be like if you were married to Michael" (never told him that) and then I'd relax and play back. You get him talking about show BUSINESS, though, and he's different-his voice is deeper, he's quite serious and focused, and we do have extremely adult conversations-
I think the acting silly is bringing out the shy, too serious and reserved part of me, and also it's just flat out escapism for him. I think Michael was the same.

Yeah, I caught that shade too.
She seems pretty salty.

I actually don't consider that comment salty, it's a fact that MJ was a very unusual mixture or man and child and
most people didn't understand that....simply because they never saw anyone like him.

What I don't understand is why MJ picked her in the first place. She is a terrible singer.
Poor Tatiana was kicked off the tour replaced with this bitch and Tatiana as far as I know never
said anything bad about MJ. This bitch stayed and then trashed MJ.

She is mentioned in Safechuck's lawsuit, most likely Dimond. Stacy Brown or Gutierrez who helped
Safechuck put together his story knew about Sheryl's negative comments

I actually don't consider that comment salty, it's a fact that MJ was a very unusual mixture or man and child and
most people didn't understand that....simply because they never saw anyone like him.

What I don't understand is why MJ picked her in the first place. She is a terrible singer.
Poor Tatiana was kicked off the tour replaced with this bitch and Tatiana as far as I know never

She is mentioned in Safechuck's lawsuit, most likely Dimond. Stacy Brown or Gutierrez who helped

What's with all the misogynistic talk??

Jesus Christ, in one breath you say she didn't say anything bad, and then you call her a bitch twice.

You've seriously got issues. Even if she did say something supposedly bad there is no excuse for this language. Not everyone has to adore the man. He did have behaviour outside the norm and not everyone has to like that.

The type of fan that slags off everyone who supposedly said anything slightly bad about MJ is the kind of fan I want nothing to do with.

This I agree with. There is nothing wrong with what Sheryl said here, she is allowed to share her impression of Michael at the time. I don't believe that Michael was developmentally stuck in his teenage years but I do think he reverted to his more childlike and quiet self when he was around people he didn't know very well or wasn't very comfortable with. Perhaps he wanted them to think he wasn't capable of having serious adult conversations to avoid their probing questions.

"Poor Tatiana" was kicked off the tour because she crossed a line with Michael on stage. Sheryl didn't replace her, she had another role besides strutting around on stage for a few minutes.

Why does every.single.thread. turn into a discussion about the allegations with you? There is so much more to Michael than that! :mello:

Tatiana finally admitted in an interview I watched, that the REAL reason she got released from the tour was that her agent decided to take advantage of the sensation the kiss on stage caused and asked for tons more money for her to be in the show. I'm sure Michael didn't mind the kiss because he knows a crowd pleaser when he sees/hears it. The kiss story is more salacious and made headlines (for years), while demanding a raise is not quite as "news worthy."

But they did the common sense thing and kicked her off-why use her when they have a gorgeous singer that can do BOTH parts and strut with the best of them? And she's not a terrible singer. She's not Siedah, but she's pretty darn good-pretty too.

"perplexing" is not an insult... Being baffling and puzzling is exactly what Michael was.. Much of that was intentional on his part so I don't understand why people are taken back by that description.. No genius is anything less than perplex. You can't be extraordinary and ordinary!

Sheryl's voice sounded better as she got older. In the Bad Tour she sounded like a squeaky chipmunk, Michael had a more real chemistry with Siedah and also Judith did it better too.

For the record, I don't condone misogyny but I don't kmow why some of you are defending her. Sheryl was someone he gave a major career opportunity and treated as a professional and with respect. In return, she added to the ridicule and disdain for him. As she actually worked with MJ, her comments added credence to the negatives. Plus, the comments personally hurt Michael and there's the proof in my first post how she bad-mouthed him, how ungreatful she was through the years but now he's gone she loves him again and feels fortune to have the opportunity to work with him. I have no respect for two-face hypocrites like her.

Last edited:
Tony R;4191022 said:
What's with all the misogynistic talk??

Jesus Christ, in one breath you say she didn't say anything bad, and then you call her a bitch twice.

I didn't say she didn't say anything bad. I said I don't consider THAT particular comment salty.
She said a lot of crap about MJ at other occasions. And lying about someone is not the same as not adoring someone.
This is not merely not liking someone. This is mean spirited.

Michael Jackson appears on the TV and she visibly bristles. “There he is,” she sneers, her top lip curling, “Mr Sociable.”

When you sang backup for Michael Jackson, did you ever think, “Hmm, this fella’s a bit odd?”
DAWNEDARKO, CHARLOTTESVILLE, VIRGINIA
Uh, hello? Yeah. There was plenty of weirdness going on. For one, he barely spoke to me in 18 months, and that’s weird, because I’m fascinating, and I can’t believe that he didn’t want to speak to me.

It’s so sad. He told me that his purpose on the planet was to save the children. From what, I don’t know.

She was definitely bitchy. Her gender has nothing to do with it. I call males bitch too if I see them act like it.
I have no problem with people saying bad things about MJ if they are true. What Crow said was not true.
MJ did know her name and he had good manners. He called everyone by name at the end of the show and introduced them to the crowd. Do you believe everything that comes out of Crow's mouth? He didn't know her name? He didn't want to see her
offstage? Really? Then how did this happen?

Sheryl, June 25, 2009
“It was really surreal. I was lucky in that I got to hang out with him on a number of occasions by myself,” she recalled, “He invited me to his hotel room in Tokyo and we watched ‘Amos & Andy’ videos and the movie ‘Shane,’ just completely unexpected. He was funny, he had a big laugh, he loved practical joking and I can remember vividly going to Disneyland and going on a ride with him and he wouldn’t let the ride stop and by the end of it I was just absolutely ill. And he thought that was the funniest things he’d ever seen.”

And keep in mind MJ never said a bad word about her. He didn't tell the press Sheryl this Sheryl that. It's just sad
that he respected people and they ridiculed and humiliated him in return knowing full well the media
was always ready to publish whatever negative stuff they came up with.

Last edited:
I think you need to be able to read irony and sarcasm in people's comments.

My Mum once said she didn't like Michael's sparkly socks. Burn the witch!!

Bearing in mind how many people have called him a child molester and monster over the years, I can't believe you get het up when he's called unsociable.

For a man that preached love and tolerance it's ironic that many of his fans are filled with hatred.

I didn't find that interview analogue pointed but here's a chronological order every time she mentioned MJ starting to be snarky, condescending and resentful towards him since the 90s because he supposedly didn't know know her name in the 18 months the Bad Tour lasted and Michael barely spoke to her but Michael mentioned her name in the Glenda tapes. Why did he have to socialize with the band? He was an intense artist putting much of his focus on his craft and having perfect shows. Every one in his band crew but Sheryl Crow said nothing but positive things in his lifetime, her niceness now he's gone and cannot longer hear those words mean nothing to me.

She's a fake hypocrite!

https://lacienegasmiled.wordpress.com/category/1987-1989-sheryl-crow/
I just read through this-it seems, regarding his talent and otherworldly persona and magical presence on stage never varied.

She does seem to want to stay hooked on that story that he didn't know their names, although it was clear from Daryl that it was only during rehearsal and they put name signs around their necks and he learned their names immediately. Funny. Maybe that story is just to play up the 'recluse' angle-using that for the reason she didn't get that intimate relationship she wanted. Also, the story changes whether she crashed the audition or Daryl got the 4 of them to sing "Jukebox Saturday Night" and Michael hired them on the spot after seeing the audition video. I'm inclined to believe the latter. People tell different stories or different variations of the same story, depending on the audience. I do that, myself.

Speaking of intimate relationships, not sure if that's what she wanted from Michael, or wanted someone to help her further her own career. Daryl makes her sound a little ruthless. Did NOT know she had an affair with Greg. Disappointing, for sure, but not surprised.

Bearing in mind how many people have called him a child molester and monster over the years, I can't believe you get het up when he's called unsociable.

Just because there have been others who said worse things about him, doesn't mean what she did was ok. Being mean spirited and lying against someone who never wronged them is despicable and unacceptable specifically if that person opened them the doors to show business giving them the chance to have a career.

Last edited:
Tony R;4191082 said:
I think you need to be able to read irony and sarcasm in people's comments.

My Mum once said she didn't like Michael's sparkly socks. Burn the witch!!

For a man that preached love and tolerance it's ironic that many of his fans are filled with hatred.

I showed a few examples where she was cynical and mean, not just one occasion where she called him unsociable.
This is not about sparky socks but repeatedly feeding the anti-MJ media and MJ's enemies with BS and just because others did worse does not mean Sheryl was not a bitch. It's not that I compared her to Tom Sneddon or Murray. She wasn't evil. She was just bitchy.

Maybe you prefer Jennifer Baten's reaction to Sheryl's whining:

She [Sheryl] said he [MJ] was a diva, never bothering to learn people’s names.

Batten refutes this. “I think singers in general are just nuts and ultra-sensitive. One night Michael called Sheryl ‘Jennifer’,” she giggles, “and I know that pissed her off. But it’s like, so what? I mean, you got the biggest gig in the world and it’s not like Michael was unaware of who was onstage with him. We were with him for a friggin’ year and a half.”

Last edited:

I can see why you and others don't/might not consider it salty/shady (I myself might not consider it shade if I didn't now know she had a history of shading Michael), but after finding out the other things she's said about Michael I can't help but see it as shade. :/

For the record, I don't condone misogyny but I don't kmow why some of you are defending her. Sheryl was someone he gave a major career opportunity and treated as a professional and with respect. In return, she added to the ridicule and disdain for him. As she actually worked with MJ, her comments added credence to the negatives. Plus, the comments personally hurt Michael and there's the proof in my first post how she bad-mouthed him, how ungreatful she was through the years but now he's gone she loves him again and feels fortune to have the opportunity to work with him. I have no respect for two-face hypocrites like her.

Just because there have been others who said worse things about him, doesn't mean what she did was ok. Being mean spirited and lying against someone who never wronged them is despicable and unacceptable specifically if that person opened them the doors to show business giving them the chance to have a career.

These are two very good comments:)

Michael was a perplex person, you can't be complex without being perplex.. We don't have to feel threatened when people use adjectives outside of "great" "beautiful" "kind" "wonderful" "amazing" "Brilliant".. he wasn't a 1 dimensional Disney character and he would not have became all those wonderful adjectives if he was..

Tatiana finally admitted in an interview I watched, that the REAL reason she got released from the tour was that her agent decided to take advantage of the sensation the kiss on stage caused and asked for tons more money for her to be in the show. I'm sure Michael didn't mind the kiss because he knows a crowd pleaser when he sees/hears it. The kiss story is more salacious and made headlines (for years), while demanding a raise is not quite as "news worthy."

But they did the common sense thing and kicked her off-why use her when they have a gorgeous singer that can do BOTH parts and strut with the best of them? And she's not a terrible singer. She's not Siedah, but she's pretty darn good-pretty too.

No i think the reason why tatiana was kicked off the tour was mike thought the kiss was a tacky thing for tatiana to do. He knew the media wouldve started making up rumors that they were officially dating which imo they werent......well at least not in mikes mind

No i think the reason why tatiana was kicked off the tour was mike thought the kiss was a tacky thing for tatiana to do. He knew the media wouldve started making up rumors that they were officially dating which imo they werent......well at least not in mikes mind
ha-they did that anyway.

And they reported that Sheryl was pregnant with his child for months. He didn't kick her off the tour.

Thank you so much for this link. I clicked on it, randomly scrolled down and found the "vitiligo/lupus" section. On the one hand, I feel guilty for reading private information. On the other hand, I am glad I've found all this. I wish more people knew what he had to deal with. :(
I'm glad you pointed that out-I went back and read it too.
I knew people with lupus and doctors have suspected I have it too, so I know more about it and it frustrates me when people denounce him for things that were medical problems-like the lupus and vitiligo. Once you know how disfiguring it is, how can you not have compassion for someone trying to deal with it, much less the most photographed person on the planet?

Even his own family has been vague about it, and I see they included some interviews with some of them about it-I could tell they didn't know much by the looks on their faces when they did that interview after Michael had the Oprah one. Michael obviously kept that extremely private-let's face it-Jermaine wouldn't have written "Word to the Badd" if he had known Michael had a blasted DISEASE, and Katherine strikes me as someone who wants "no bad news." She would turn to her religion first, I'm sure.

Back