Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,340 Posts

Default Re: Black Panther (2018)

I saw the movie yesterday. It good but it could have been better. It was visually great and actors were mostly good. I really like how Black Panther's costume looked. He is a cool looking character. CGI didn't look very good and action scenes could have been better. Michael B. Jordan was great as the bad guy and I liked Martin Freeman. I didn't really remember what he did in the previous MCU movies but he was great in this. Not in my Top 5 MCU movies but still good.

3/5

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
    I liked Martin Freeman. I didn't really remember what he did in the previous MCU movies but he was great in this.
    He was only in CIVIL WAR before this film.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,423 Times in 910 Posts

Default Marvel Is Leading A "Black Panther" Oscar Campaign

By Mitch Findlay September 11, 2018 HNHH

Disney is hoping that "Black Panther" can yield Oscar gold.

While superhero movies don't always fare well at the Academy Awards, barring exceptions like Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight or James Mangold's Logan, perhaps the winds of change are blowing. Disney is willing to hedge their bets on it. Today, the studio has revealed their For Your Consideration list, which reveals intentions of pushing Black Panther for damn near every available category. The move marks the first time Marvel has made a serious Oscar push, and it's hard to say whether or not such designs will yield tangible results. In any case, Marvel clearly values Black Panther's chances for the following:

Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor (Chadwick Boseman), Best Supporting Actor (Michael B. Jordan, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, Sterling K. Brown, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis), Best Supporting Actress (Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, and Angela Bassett), Best Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, Costume Design, Visual Effects, Original Score and Original Song for "All The Stars." The latter would mark an Oscar nomination for both Kendrick Lamar and SZA, which would tick off another box in K.dot's EGOT checklist.

Despite Black Panther's status as a fan favorite, it's hard to say whether or not a Marvel film can successfully reign supreme in such a ceremony. The Academy historically tends to value a certain type of film, though they have broadened their horizons of late. It's still a little too early to tell which films are shaping up to clean house at the upcoming Oscars.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 1,340 Posts

I didn't think it was that good. It doesn't deserve a best picture Oscar nomination. The Dark Knight and Logan didn't get one either and this isn't as good as those. Maybe it could win best costume design Oscar.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Galactus123 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,384 Times in 2,619 Posts

I liked the film, but I think it's a little overrated. Critics call it the best (or one of the best) MCU films of them all, but it's not even in my top 10.

My top 10 is (Not in ranked order)
    The Avengers
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    Ant-Man
    Captain America: Civil War
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2
    Spider-Man: Homecoming
    Thor: Ragnorok
    Avengers: Infinity War
    Ant-Man and The Wasp

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Post Tupac Estate And Marvel Connect For Special ‘Black Panther’ Clothing Collection

by Zoe Johnson | November 9, 2018 | Vibe

The estate of Tupac Shakur and Marvel’s Black Panther have come together for a special capsule kids are sure to enjoy.

Announced Friday (Nov. 9), the rapper’s fallen estate has partnered with Marvel comics for the collection titled POP by Foot Locker. Available only at Foot Locker, the nine-piece shirt collection features short and long sleeve tops as well as sweatshirts that mesh the designs commonly associated with the Blockbuster smash and images of late rapper’s name and face.

In a statement to VIBE, Paul Gitter, SVP of Marvel Licensing spoke on the unusual but fitting pairing. “The intersection of music and Black Panther is such a vital part of that property, so it is fantastic to co-brand with an influential artist like 2Pac on a new collection of Marvel apparel,” he said.

The clothing line is reasonably priced between $25 for teeshirts and $50 for sweatshirts and hoodies. The Shakur estate recently obtained legal rights to his unreleased music, as well as a six-figure settlement for unpaid royalties at the beginning of October.

The “California Love” rapper’s handwritten notes were also donated to Temple University earlier this week (Nov. 5).

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default 7 Oscar nominations

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Post ‘Black Panther’ Composer Ludwig Göransson On Earning His First Oscar Nomination

by Mike Ryan January 22, 2019 Uproxx

Composer Ludwig Göransson has worked on every Ryan Coogler film to date, going back as far as Coogler’s first student film at USC. Earlier this morning, that collaboration paid off for Göransson as he nabbed his first ever Academy Award nomination for his work on Black Panther.

Black Panther’s Oscar success is truly remarkable: both as a movie with a cast overwhelmingly made up of people of color and as the first superhero movie to ever get a Best Picture nomination. Over the last couple of months it looked more and more likely this day would be kind to the film, but, as Göransson points out, he was not taking anything for granted and was legitimately shocked he got a nomination for Best Original Score. Ahead, we speak to Göransson about his and Black Panther’s nominations.

Congratulations.
    Thank you!

How did you find out? Were you watching this morning or does someone call you?
    Me and my wife woke up around 5:15 a.m. and she put it on her iPhone, the announcements. And we were both equally surprised and shocked. It was crazy.

Did you scream? I would probably scream.
    [Laughs] I think it was a combination of some really weird sounds and faces. It was really early in the morning. I was still kind of in a dream state, so I felt like I was dreaming.

You’ve worked with Ryan Coogler many times now. Did you get a sense that if you keep working with him good things were going to happen?
    You know what, I felt that from the very first short film we did together. Even before Fruitvale Station, we met at USC as students. We became friends and he asked me to do his first student film, which was a five-minute short film with no dialogue. And right after I saw that movie I was like, oh, this guy is going to go places. I could immediately tell how talented he was.

Is it now an automatic yes for you if he calls?
    Yeah. I mean, from the first time we met, he’s a one of a kind and a true visionary. I mean, you’ve met him, so you probably know just by his character, being around him you get sucked right in.

Before you started, were you concerned with Marvel there would be a template of some kind? It sounds like now that wasn’t the case, but before you started were you concerned?
    I wasn’t concerned at all. [Laughs] Because I knew they hired Ryan before they hired me. So, from having worked with Ryan on two films previously, I know the way he works and I know the way he gets along with people and the way he makes everyone feel comfortable. And, also, before I was even hired, I had my first meeting with Nate Moore, who is one of the producers of Black Panther. And everything was so much love and so much positive energy from the get-go. So, yeah, I was never worried about it.

In the last few months we all kind of assumed Black Panther would do well today. But thinking back, did you think your first Oscar nomination would come from a superhero movie?
    No way. And I did not assume Black Panther would get so many nominations. I was so surprised and am so pinching myself for being nominated.

Did today feel like a team win? This seemed like a very collaborative film.
    Absolutely. I’ve been working with a lot of these people on all of Ryan’s movies. He has an incredible team. Why I’m so happy about this nomination is you get to share it with all of your best friends and there’s so much love. It’s people you’ve worked with for a long time. People you started with when you were no one. Being able to share this with that team is so special.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,384 Times in 2,619 Posts

Black Panther was good, but Oscar worthy? No way. This just comes off as pandering
    Last edited by analogue; 25-01-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Achievements:
    Overdrive7 days registered500 Experience Points

Thanks

I hated the film mostly because you're labelled a racist these days if you don't like films with a black cast.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default 2019 Academy Awards: Ruth Carter, Ludwig Göransson, Hannah Beachler, Jay Hart

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Default Black Panther II (May 6. 2022)