Xscape "Original Version" Appreciation Thread

foralltimerishi

Proud Member
Country
India
Rodney already said "MJ loved everything about XSCAPE, the energy, and lyrics. its kind of prophetic song.", and Michael declared Rodney "Wait until the world hears 'XSCAPE'"

well I think XSCAPE ORIGINAL deserves more appreciation, its composition, Michael's vocals, the adlibs, the synth and everything is so amazing in that song. Every single time I listen to it my mind says "OK this is the real MJ's composition, the funkier sounds :dancin::dancin:". Michael added the audio effects of police, running vehicles, helicopters etc., if you just close your eyes while listening to it the whole story can be visualized and its a sign of an amazing artistic work.
and when Xscape was leaked online in 2002, Michael was really disappointed, and then the 2014 version the remix version I like that but after listening to the MJ's version 2014 version seems a shit.

last thing I wanted to add is Sony wants to do marketing through XSCAPE and I think Xscape is ESCAPE.... Xscape is renamed by SONY as to do marketing of Xperia.

and I love MICHAEL

The original version of Do You Know Where Your Children Are is great. It sounds like Bad era.

Xscape is a masterpiece. Both versions of the song released on the Xscape album are brilliant

Xscape (Original) is brilliant. Nothing else on the album comes close to that bridge.

DYKWYCA is pure classic MJ. A fine song, similar chord progression to Startin Somethin & Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

The original version of Do You Know Where Your Children Are is great. It sounds like Bad era.
The remixed version on the Xscape album is an abomination. I was really disappointed when I first heard it. They really butchered the whole thing. I thought the leaked version that they had remixed earlier for the "Michael" album in 2010 sounded much better.

I really like Xscape too. - Both versions. - Very glad Rodney temporized it for the album and not some random dude who never worked on the song before...

It's actually hard to choose which one I like the most.

I really love what Rodney did with the verses on the contemporized version. He gave them a darker feel, and turned down MJ's backing vocals, so you can hear his lead vocals more clearly, and you get to hear things you can't hear on the original (like the little grovelly thing MJ does on the second verse "tired of silly games, time to make a change" - I freakin love that bit).

But there was no need to speed up the tempo of the chorus and add in all those naff trumpets.

So all in all, I would take the original version over the remix.

ORIGINAL VERSION is a pure MJ imagination, its so energetic !

I love the whole album. It was nice that they kept Michael original tracks on the album for us old MJ fans and it nice that they did a uptempo of the songs for young ppls of today i love the uptempo songs too that why i love the whole album they did awesome job.:punk:

Back