Faceoff: Why You Wanna Trip On Me Vs Speed Demon!

Why You Wanna Trip On Me Vs Speed a Demon

• Why You Wanna Trip On Me

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Speed Demon

Votes: 26 72.2%

• Total voters
Speed Demon! All day, every day! Why You Want To Trip On Me is also a great song but if I need something to pump me up, whether I am driving or working out or even something to dance to, Speed Demon is the song I would select.

These comparison threads just remind me how indecisive I can be!! I always contradict myself

^ haha! arnt people funny? You can't form your own opinion without being questioned like you committed a crime

Speed Demon, no contest. Why You Wanna Trip On Me and Keep The Faith are my least favorite tracks on Dangerous, coincidentally the songs MJ had less involvement to create them.

Love both but in this case I have to go with WYWTOM.

Speed Demonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
tumblr_mywhm9mgxh1qbc20oo1_500.gif

I really like both. WYWTOM has a chorus that could easily be a bit grating and repetitive, but MJ makes it work with those fantastic harmonies. To me, the New Jack Swing tracks on Dangerous really work great as a package though, and somewhat less as standalone tracks. Speed Demon is a more unique song and is funkier, especially the last minute and a half or so, so I picked that.

Wow this is tough!!

I'm going wit Speed Demon right now, only because of the flawless bridge and arrangement
I think it's because there's more to think of when I think of Speed Demon, the Video, the look, and everything, but with WYWTOM, there's nothing that I can think of if that makes any sense, due to it having no single and no really mentions.

I love Why You Wanna Trip On Me though, the vocals are so fierce and sharp, and the harmonies in the chorus are so gentle and clear. I've always loved and appreciated that contrast. Lyrically it's brilliant as well, the topics are still as relevant today 26 years later. These are some of the best lyrics on an MJ song that he had no hand in writing since Rod.

Speed Demon definitely.

Still grooving to it after nearly 30 years. Stupidly brilliant and crazily simple.

Oh, this is a tricky one! I guess it depends on what mood I'm in. Like if I'm late for work and need to get there fast, safely ( Speed Demon); or If I feel like it's me against the world ( WYWTOM). Either way I only get through about half of each song before I'm fulfilled :chillin:

Aye, final choice... Why You Wanna Trip On Me!! Way to funky and fresh to pass up!

Speed Demon for me. - It's so funny and different. Funky.

It always makes me happy and in a good mood.

I chose the song no one really talks about lol. It's one with a 'message' :shutup:
I chose "Why you wanna trip on me" for the 'to the point' lyrics

"They say I'm different
They don't understand
But there's a bigger problem
That's much more in demand
You got world hunger
Not enough to eat
So there's really no time
To be tripping on me... "

I do love 'speed demon' but here WYWTOM wins
:sarmoti

'speed demon' has a more original concept; both lyrically, and structurally. you could build a whole new track around the final musical section! though strangely slow or a track about speed, I do get the sense of travel. especially as it fades into 'Liberian girl'. he previously used the lower voice on 'off the wall', but it's raspier here. though I'm not a fan of that particular style in general, I found it interesting for the time. of course, the experience is enhanced by the underrated visual :)

"Why You Wanna Trip on Me" is one of my favourite songs off of Dangerous. I feel like it's so underrated.

"Speed Demon," easily. "Why You Wanna Trip on Me" is a little too repetitive and redundant in my opinion.

Back