This BAD picture in hi-res??

IMWhizzle

Proud Member
Hi,

I am looking for the original quality photo of this picture for years. Does anyone have it?
5e56d93765e4764174d52b0dbf2ed108.jpg

It's the bad front cover with his legs on it.

I wonder if the original picture ever had his legs on it, or that it may have been a close up? This is the only one I could find, but I'm pretty sure it's photoshopped..

gallery_21563_786_201931.png

I think the legs on the picture you posted are photoshopped too, the pants look very different from what he was wearing on that shoot:

gallery_4636_855_75398.jpg

I think both examples in this thread so far are photoshopped. For #1, the foot on our right is unusually pointy like a bird's beak. MJ's shoes weren't that pointy in the Bad video.

For #2, the feet is just the legs from the second shot in your post, but flipped horizontally. I flipped it around so you could see it easier:
9jJyo9Q.jpg

I don't think they've actually released the full-length image of the Bad album cover, assuming it exists and the photographer didn't briefly zoom in to just above his knees. The closest we've got seems to the be the one they used on the cassette tape:

ZkJhgRP.jpg

I tell you guys, I had a full color full length poster on my wall of the picture in my opening post. This was in 1989. After we moved to another city the poster was lost. After that I have never seen it again. Back then there was no photoshop or whatsoever.

The picture was real. I have never seen it again after 1989.

For #2, the feet is just the legs from the second shot in your post, but flipped horizontally. I flipped it around so you could see it easier

haha! you're right, I always thought the picture was shopped because it looks so awkward (weird proportions and his body seems to go in the opposite direction as his legs ? ) but didn't even notice I posted the actual picture it was taken from, lol!

As for a full length version - there's a couple full length ones from this shoot but I haven't seen that specific one. All I know is the one in the 1st post isn't it.

haha! you're right, I always thought the picture was shopped because it looks so awkward (weird proportions and his body seems to go in the opposite direction as his legs ? ) but didn't even notice I posted the actual picture it was taken from, lol!

As for a full length version - there's a couple full length ones from this shoot but I haven't seen that specific one. All I know is the one in the 1st post isn't it.

What do you mean? The first photo is the bad album cover in full length and I had the original full color life size poster of it. The picture was taken in full and edited for the cd album cover and promotional campaigns.

Too bad I can't find it anywhere. Who did the shoot in the first place? Maybe I can contact the photographer?

This picture is photoshop... the left pic took the legs of the right pic.

9jJyo9Q.jpg

The see through pic in the first post is actually more accurate footing than the pic above (left) to how someone would place if standing in that posution..

What do you mean? The first photo is the bad album cover in full length

It's not the original picture, he is wearing a different outfit (as you can see in the other pic I posted from the same shoot..) so the legs were 'photoshopped' in there. They're probably not even his.

The photographer is Sam Emerson

This picture is photoshop... the left pic took the legs of the right pic.

9jJyo9Q.jpg

Thats what I said when I posted the comparison :p Also is it just me, or is MJs legs in the very first picture a bit longer than his actual legs? I don't think they were that long...? Could always roughly photoshop that full length pic above over the first image and see it it's roughly on point.

I have contacted the man himself, Sam Emerson and he confirmed he shot the album cover in full length from head to toe. ?

Too bad no one has this picture. The pictures you found with the photoshopped legs does not match the one in the opening post.

Anyway, does someone here on this board have acces to the album cover in the highest quality available? (Super HQ in TIFF format?) I would like to print an acoustic panel for my home theatre.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I tell you guys, I had a full color full length poster on my wall of the picture in my opening post. This was in 1989. After we moved to another city the poster was lost. After that I have never seen it again. Back then there was no photoshop or whatsoever.

The picture was real. I have never seen it again after 1989.

Are you sure you're not mixing it up with another BAD-outfit full body image?
Memory can turn a little corrupt over the years.

These two were used a lot during the BAD album promo:

13577552.jpg

HTB1q-F67-RVXXXXXRa-XXXq6x-XFXXXd.jpg

The second one for example was released as a long double poster in the German BRAVO mag in the 80s. (Are you from Germany?)

I'm pretty sure, as iconic as the Bad cover image is, if there had ever been a full version released and printed in some form, it would be findable in the net these days.

ps:
that's the BRAVO poster i mean. (The "BAD" was added / glued on by me back then. :D)
mj-poster-BAD-ganzk-rper.jpg

Last edited:
Too bad no one has this picture. The pictures you found with the photoshopped legs does not match the one in the opening post.

Anyway, does someone here on this board have acces to the album cover in the highest quality available? (Super HQ in TIFF format?) I would like to print an acoustic panel for my home theatre.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I just sent you a message :)

i remember that photo in a couple of the teen magazines i used to get back in late 80s

I may have this photo in my files somewhere. It definitely looks different and "more real". I'll look it up and then post it to compare.

Last edited:
Back